Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineretrospect
A DMT Extraction on A. Obtus bark.
    #6972737 - 05/27/07 07:32 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I was talking to SWIM today and he told me he just (near) finished his first proper extraction. I thought I'd post it up here so you guys could read about it. He even supplied me with a few pics! :laugh:

First he cut 300g of Acacia Obtusifolia bark into half inch peices and then boiled for 3 hours with water at a pH of 3-4. He then strained the bark, ran it through a blender, and boiled with new water for a further 2 hours. The two extractions were combined, left so sit overnight and then decanted.

He then defatted the mixture 3 times, by pouring in 200mL for the first defat and 100mL for the second and third. The shellite was swirled and mixed before sucking it out.

After this he added a tiny amount of solvent to the mixture, just enough so he could see a thin layer of it at the top a few mm thick. SWIM then added NAoH until the liquid was black, and further added the NAoH until he could shake up the bottle and have the solvent and black liquid separate within a few minutes.

Once he had done this he poured in 500mL, slowly stirred and swirled the solvent arond, then sat in in a hot water bath and pulled the solvent out and put it into a baking pan. He added another 500mL and let it sit overnight, shaking the bottle constantly before he went to bed. In the morning, he placed it in a hot water bath, slowly shook and swirled it, sucked out the solvent and combined it in the baking pan. The pan was left for a little while outside underneath a fan and after a while it looked like this:

He didn't have time to do anything to it with his busy schedule that day, so left it until he got home to find it all evaporated. He found a thin residue, which when scraped up produced an oily goo which stuck to the razor blade. He redissolved this residue/goo into 100mL of warm solvent and then left the baking pan under a fan. After about 10 minutes the solvent went cloduy and he transferred it into a glass jar which was put into the freezer. Here is the jar, before being put into the freezer:

After 6 hours in the freezer SWIM is starting to see the first sign of a couple of small crystals sticking to the sides of the glass jar. He will leave it for 3 days and then filter out the crystals and hopefully be blown into hyperspace. SWIM just has one little question/problem. At the bottom of his jar, there is a small layer of water which has turned to ice. Is this going to represent a problem for him? Should he get it out now before it's too late? Or will it be OK to leabve in there until he filters out the crystals.

Any comments/critisicm you guys wish to offer which I can pass onto SWIM would be great. He told me, he'd be sure to update me with pics once he filters out the crystals.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1