Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomey79
Angry Scientist
Newbie needs advice
    #6972388 - 05/27/07 02:52 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I've been reading alot here, and other sites, and I have a few questions for you veteran growers out there.
I recently got some spore syringes from PF, and successfully (so far) inoculated a dozen 1/2 pint jars of BRF/verm with a layer of dry verm on top. The mycelium is starting to germinate (now day 7), it's going slow, but temps here in the house are 75ish all the time. I was using a broken aquarium thermometer, or I would have put them in an incubator already, thought I had optimum conditions because it was stuck at 82.
I've recently ordered the Mush-Master 10 with auto FAE from mushy-mart, I don't have alot of spare time on my hands, so I thought the more automated, and the less I had to build the better. I hope I've made a good choice with this system, feedback is appreciated. It hasn't gotten here yet.
My question is this - from what I can see of the instructions on the mushy-mart site, it looks like a double-tub FC. Should I go straight cakes, and if so, do I still use the perlite layer on the bottom of the chamber and set it up like a double tub? Do I set the cakes directly inside the inner tub, or something else? I thought that maybe since this was my first grow, I should try to keep it simple.
If not that, should I case? If I do case, should I use a layer of wet verm under my BRF spawn, or put it directly inside the inner tub? I've read tek's which suggest both, and just want to know the advantages of one vs the other.
I've searched and read, and there's so much info to sort through, maybe someone with some experience can help me out here.
I'll post some pics and a write-up on setting up the MM-10 when I get it, and some more of the harvest of this all works out.
Thanks in advance.
-S

--------------------
Anything posted here is completely fictional.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newbie needs advice [Re: Shroomey79]
    #6972437 - 05/27/07 03:41 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have no idea if your purchase was a good choice or not (in my opinion it's all the same shit) but anyway...
Since it's your first time I'd consider to do some cakes instead of a casing. It's easier and the chance for contams is smaller.
Concerning your questions:
Put the moist perlite in the second, smaller tub.
Don't put the cakes directly on the perlite. That would most likely end in contamination. Use your jar lids to put the cakes on and place them on the perlite.
Don't forget to dunk and roll. It helps. Good luck :thumbup:

OfflineShroomey79
Angry Scientist
Re: Newbie needs advice [Re: Fahkface]
    #6977372 - 05/28/07 11:20 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone else have any opinions or suggestions? Thanks for the advice, I looked up the dunk & roll tek and it looks simple, and I see how it could be effective for rehydration.

--------------------
Anything posted here is completely fictional.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder