Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLVL12
Author andPerfector ofFailure
 User Gallery

Red Line (revisited)
    #6970862 - 05/26/07 08:27 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

about a month ago, on two of my cakes (two that became oversaturated during the boiling process) I decided to inject anyway, well at the point where the myc hit the oversaturated portion of the BRF a very thin blood red line appeared (about the width of a thread, and several inches long) it doesnt grow in width and only appears right between the seperation of the myc and the sludge of the oversaturated BRF cake... not knowing if it was a contam or something else I isolated the questionable jars and waited till I could get a digital camera to take apicture and put it up on this website, however i completely forgot about them, and now a month later i found them, the line still has not grown in width, the jars have little mini-mushrooms popping up inside them the only real change is one jar the line has turned to a bronze sort of colour and the other jar the line is still that blood red (like a vein on a chicken) sort of colour..

Any advice? - I dont want to open them without knowing what it is, and i dont really want to toss them until i identified what it is and how it most likely got there...

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRRVideoV
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wilderness cabin
Re: Red Line (revisited) [Re: LVL12]
    #6971604 - 05/26/07 11:14 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Probably metabolites. When the mycelium runs up against a natural barrier such as a contaminant, a glass jar, or over saturated substrate, it signals full colonization, because there is no more food available. That's why it's fruiting invitro. Birth and wash off the uncolonized portions under the faucet, and then place what's left with the pins either back in the jar to fruit invitro, or place in a fruiting chamber.
RR

--------------------
http://www.mushroomvideos.com

OfflineLVL12
 User Gallery

Re: Red Line (revisited) [Re: RRVideo]
    #6974868 - 05/27/07 07:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you for the advice, should i isolate these cakes in a seperate FC or are they no problem to fruit w/ the cakes that had no problems..

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

OfflineLVL12
 User Gallery

Re: Red Line (revisited) [Re: LVL12]
    #6975792 - 05/27/07 11:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

So I did as advised, and the cakes smelled mushroomy and earthy, no unusual odors (tho i am not in the habbit of smelling cakes) it was very apparent upon opening them the mushroomy smell, which lingered for several minutes afterward

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds