Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
bin Laden is alive, effects on Bush popularity!
    #697052 - 06/23/02 07:00 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

After reading some of the latest AP reports on Al-Qaida regrouping and Osama bin Laden alive, I'm worried of the effects on President Bush' popularity. If there would be another serious attack before the november election I think we could lose control of the house because people would realize that the campaign in Afghanistan was inneffective. Bush went on national tv and promised to kill bin Laden, and he has failed. I have a bad feeling that this could be bad news for our chances in the nov. election. The funny thing is though, it's all Clinton's fault, but of course he's not taking any heat for it because he's out of the spotlight. Damn it.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Edited by Ellis Dee (06/23/02 07:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: bin Laden is alive, effects on Bush popularity! [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #697066 - 06/23/02 07:04 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

when blaming people, look first at who benefits... how would clinton have benefited?? i can't think of one way..

bush? the oil family?? a popular war (didn't his dad do something similar?) to raise a waning public approval?

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: bin Laden is alive, effects on Bush popularity! [Re: ]
    #697108 - 06/23/02 07:23 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

When blaming people lets look at what they did. Clinton cut our intel budget down to squat. He weakened our national defence. He did not retaliate against Al-Qaida terrorists that bombed the Cole in the dock or that blew up our embassies. The only time he even made a lame attempt to retaliate he just lobbed some cruise missles in to an empty tent in afghanistan to take some heat off of himself during his impeachment trial/scandal.

Now, lets look at Bush. He became president and then due to the actions of his predicessor he didn't have the intel to prevent a devastating terrorist attack by a group that was known to have attacked us prevously. He reacted slowly and decisevly, but weakly. He promised to kill the men that did it, yet our estimates now indicate that at least 80% of the Al-Qaida leadership live and our senators now report that they are regrouping. They have since attacked a synagogue on the resort island of Djerba in April which killed 21 people. They are apparently preparing to attack jewish sites or population in this nation and abroad. Bush's weak response and failure to follow up on his harsh words and given way to other nations giving haven to Al-Qaida. If Bush was serious he would need to wage war against Pakistan, Iran, And Iraq. Bush is weak, he lacks the fortitude to fulfill his words, but he is not as weak as Clinton.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #697203 - 06/23/02 08:27 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

so you think a good eader:

1. Exacts revenge for others
2. Kills
3. Increasese War capability, nuclear proliferation, navy, etc.
4. Uses our tax money to bribe spies, countries
5. Accepts bribes from large corporation

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: bin Laden is alive, effects on Bush popularity! [Re: nugsarenice]
    #697219 - 06/23/02 08:44 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I do not agree with your statements. Allow me to spin them like I spin things at work.

I think a good leader:

1. Protects his people.
2. Fights couragously to defend the innocent.
3. Brings strength to office as opposed to cowardess and adultury.
4. Uses spies to gain intel on the wiles of our enemies to protect his nation.
5. Is above corruption.

This is an exercise in spinning the liberal lies you've spread, much like I do at work....

Now I'de like to take this opportunity to point out that powerful liberals like Hillary Clinton, Tom Daschel, and our old friend Al Gore are spreading lies about our president and our republican party. They're opposing the president's agenda to strengthen national security, opposing good judges, and fighting the presidents plan to get our economy going.

And now Hillary Clinton, of all people, stood on the floor of the senate and accused the president of keeping the truth from the american people.

Well, the truth is that Hillary and her cronies are willing to do and say anything just to win a few seats in congress, cripple the Bush presidency, and win back the white house in 2004...

--------------------

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
    #697224 - 06/23/02 08:52 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Damn, I'm a believer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! however, I got some serious doubts about a democratic cadidate producing those good qualities, I seriously doubt the republican parties's ability to exist without corruption. I also doubt their intentions as protectionist, I see them as expansionist.

"liberal lies" what kind of lies have I spread?

I see a good president is able to create peace out of war, is difficult for an unpeaceful person, a person without regards to faith in a relgion, which has morality about inheritance of god's will, which is in fact peace. Bush has not exercised faith in a way to help our countries and other's with peace. Not that we should kill him for it, but in fact replace him, and any other party which assumes that they can place a concrete road over a house.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#697259 - 06/23/02 09:20 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I mainly agree with you. Most politicians are influincable to some extent based on campaign donors interests (you might say corrupt if you like, I'll not object). Bush is not above being influinced. Clinton used to sell sleep overs in the lincoln bedroom, at least Bush hasen't gone that far yet. Neither party is perfect. However I strongly believe that conservative principles applied by republicans will be more successful than liberal big government tax and spend principles implemented by liberal democrats. Call it partisan politics or mud slinging or whatever you like but I have observed that just about anything the gov. touches turns to crap and it's better for the gov. not to meddle in our lives at all.

Now, on the liberal lies you spread. Maybe I'm overly sensitive but I thought I heard the old republicans are warmongers line. The line they kept using on Ronald Reagan before he won the cold war and collapsed the Soviet Union....

Do you think anyone can sow the seeds of peace in war? It a tough job to be sure. Peacemakers have to bring together enemies and create common ground. It's easier said than done. Lets take current US and now European peacemaking in the middle east for example. A suicide bomber attacks a market in Tel Aviv. Israel responds and shoots up the local police station. We strongly urge restraint on Israel and ask them to turn the other cheek and ask Arafat (the PLO's agenda is still officially to completely eliminate the state of Israel) to urge his people on to peace. Arafat continues to tell one thing to the international community and another to his people. Asking people to stop, and interfering the way we do, does nothing but limit the offensives of each side and thereby prolong the conflict indefinatly. If there was a real hot war, one side would be victorious and the other would suffer military defeat. But as noble as our efforts may be, their effect is to prolong the conflict. Peace is not easy to secure or retain.

--------------------

Edited by Ellis Dee (06/23/02 09:23 PM)

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
    #697274 - 06/23/02 09:33 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, here's some good real life advice, I would apply if president.

So My two friends get drunk, real drunk. One tells the other he is a pussy ass bitch. He gets angry. The other guy gets angry. They start fighting. I see and come outside. By this time the one guy has grabbed a axe, and is walking toward the other dude.

Pause

Using Bush's number one plan: I yell at the dude to stop.
Using Clinton's Plan. I stay back and watch, I'm going to stay outside though

Using an alternative method. I run and tackle the dude with the axe. I roll up a phat blundt, and create peace.

This same dude is crazy, but I know him like my brother, because I always smoke with him. Both dudes are. I easily just created peace, with a method calle intervention, and mediation. Luckily this fight was'nt over something imposiibly difficult to argue about like: Land Rights

This was a true story also.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#697278 - 06/23/02 09:40 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Your analogy is essentially flawed.

If a nation is mobalizing for war (has the ax ready to go) and you pre-emptivly attack them them you will be the one that has to fight the guy with the ax. You're situation would create massive hostility and a war between the US and a middle east nation. Nobody wants that. Let them take cre of it themselves.

And I'm not sure, but are you sugesting that we have US troops intervene as a peacekeeping force in the middle east. I think that's just asking for trouble.

--------------------

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
    #697282 - 06/23/02 09:42 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

it's definitely flawed because, our presidents are'nt getting stoned with the world leaders, that is the number one problem, I would never take action like I did, with a person I don't know. Because he would then kill me with the axe.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #697558 - 06/24/02 03:08 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Dont forget about the Bush administration admiting that seizing money from "suspected" terrorist support groups will do nothing to AlQueidas funding.
Theyve known all along that AlQuida's millions is in diamonds, gold, art and other liquid assets.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Offlinepimpadelic
enthusiast
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
    #698367 - 06/24/02 12:51 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Rail gun, I bet your some old dude that doesnt really care if we go to war b/c your punk ass wouldn't have to go. Im 18 and I would be the first to go. I think Bush should worry about runnin this country and not worry about what those stupid fucks do over there. Clintion was a good president. whan he was president I dont think to many ppl were worried about goin to war. And so what if he was gettin his dick sucked in the white house, your just jealous cause your old and can't get pussy.You conservative fucker

Anonymous

Re: bin Laden is alive, effects on Bush popularity! [Re: pimpadelic]
    #698439 - 06/24/02 01:36 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Clinton ran the most corrupt administration in history. He had the good fortune to have Alan Greenspan guiding the economy and ensuring smooth sailing. Bill Clinton only cares about one thing, Bill Clinton. To deflect public scrutiny about getting his dick sucked from someone other than his wife, he bombed an aspirin factory in a poor country - nice guy, real compassionate. People lost their lives, jobs, businesses and source of medicine in their third world country. Any apology from Clinton? Any reimbursement from Clinton? Any expression of regret from Clinton? Fuck no!

Oh, I'm not a neo-conservative George Bush supporter either. Bush is a leftist masquerading as a conservative, he pays lip service to conservatives but his actions are more pro-big government than anything else.

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #698462 - 06/24/02 01:53 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

bush lied to the world about promising to find bin laden and failed. bin laden was used as a figurehead of terror and the bush admin thought it'd be easy to nab that one evil guy and gain public support for the real shit thats going on. the real shit being neutralizing Al-Queda. so basically bush & co. tried to pull some PR bullshit and they got in over their heads and failed miserabley at the simple task of killing one little sand nigger.

Clinton is no better because he maintained really good relations with israel and sold them tons of military equipment/technology. now israel uses their american made F-16s and Apache helicopters to shoot missles at palastinians.

so basically you can't stop or prevent all "terrorist" attacks with any amount of "intel". the proper foreign policy would be to not piss off any group of people and to help other countries resolve their issues peacefully. can that be done with our over obtrusive country? i doubt it.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder