Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLVL12
Author andPerfector ofFailure
 User Gallery

Growing keeps me Humble (help w/ bruised shrooms)
    #6963213 - 05/24/07 09:12 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Well, after finally getting a really good grow on some cakes, i fealt I was all ready to go ahead and make my fruiting chamber a tad more automatic, so i rigged up this snazy little autofanning system that i didnt even think twice about, seemed simple enough, didnt take it from a tek so much as designed it myself (after all, finally getting a very successful grow on some cakes, i must know everything right)

Wrong... Another lesson in humility given to me by the growing process....

Apparently I have no idea how to hook up my automated fanning device that is way too oversized for my 10 gallon tank (i know this now).. So instead of hooking it up to automatically fan 1 minute 5 times a day, I had it auto-fanning for about an hour five times a day, Needless to say one cake dried out a bit, and the mushies that were on them are dried a bit as well, and very blue on their stems,

Now im wondering here, they're kinda dry, not extrememly dry, i'm wondering if i can revive them or if i should just pick up, dunk and roll (rinse and repeat)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm now off to thoroughly read some teks on automation, probably about five or six times...

Edited by LVL12 (05/24/07 10:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing keeps me Humble (help w/ bruised shrooms) [Re: LVL12]
    #6963312 - 05/24/07 09:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

all you can do right about now is pick what you got, and as you say, dunk and roll and repeat. it should come back OK, but if your fruits bruised during growth they're probably not going to get any further as is. sounds like you already realize, the bruising was because of the dryness... the dryness was because of the fanning.

more fresh air is always a good thing, IF, you can maintain high humidity... that's the balance you need to strike.

OfflineLVL12
 User Gallery

Re: Growing keeps me Humble (help w/ bruised shrooms) [Re: creamcorn]
    #6963638 - 05/24/07 10:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Dunk and Roll it is, gotta love the learning process...

Thank you for your prompt reply... *insert smiley face here*

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

InvisibleNephrite
nightrapper
Male

Re: Growing keeps me Humble (help w/ bruised shrooms) [Re: LVL12]
    #6963705 - 05/24/07 10:45 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

creamcorn that is a great clonning tek you got there

OfflineLVL12
 User Gallery

Re: Growing keeps me Humble (help w/ bruised shrooms) [Re: Nephrite]
    #6963725 - 05/24/07 10:51 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

OH!!! One More Question!!!, I'm a 24 hour dunker, should I extend the time on these because of this peculiar situation, or just stick with the 24 hour.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck