Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Just a thought on TV and mind control.
    #6961811 - 05/24/07 02:06 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Mind Control is easy to understand, something exterior that can alter you internally. I think that TV can flood our minds with ideas, and views and certain perceptions. But how do we view it? Do you realize it's putting thoughts inside your brain.

But then on another note you can watch movies that are inspirational and motivational.

To me though it's like a false perception change. A false view of reality is slowly seeping into your brain!

What should we do when all news and other media is biased. There are those people out there who accept everything they see in a TV show/news/etc. We have so many "Blind" people in this world, and there is no way to get these people to accept the fact that the are letting the machine think for them.

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Just a thought on TV and mind control. [Re: Droz]
    #6961877 - 05/24/07 02:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

really it has us reverting to primitive drives.

children are more mature than those who watch tv to me

because children are capable of great love and sincerity and beauty

but these things are hard to package into 30 minute time slots

and don't sell well

so we choose to feed our minds a steady diet of conflict, drama, and ego elevation. and then we reflect it into our actions. then our actions make the tv content become even more and more risque and instant-fix, and so on and so forth

in total honesty the forged word controls minds so just you reading this exerts immeasurable change, the thing is you get to refute what you want to and if it seems i am being a tyrant many voices can come in and curb my message

whereas tv has a monopoly over the messages you are allowed to hear and those you aren't, and there are no critical voices (or if so they are JOKES like those spin factor things) and it is so relentless that you cannot think for yourself

if my post were a tv show we'd be talking about Nissans and Big Macs by down and you'd be ingesting this all with whizzing graphics and it would be so cut up that it cannot ever be critically processed, but it is slow enough that it does indeed register in the conscious mind before the next topic is shifted.

tv = add and egoistic childlike behaviors.

It is also a mantra box, little kids will say
i'm ready
i'm ready i'm ready i'm ready

and d'oh

and i tell you what

if tv said OM NAMAH SHIVAYA we would all be enlightened and kids would run around in class singing holy songs and loving one another

instead they emulate power rangers....

what about hugging rangers ?

tell me 10,000 murders doesn't change your views of reality? Lately I've been having to deal with the fact that I watched the film Gothika... man I wish I hadn't. It was years ago but it suddenly came back to me.

when i sleep i am often watching rugrats in my dreams and things like that. though rugrats is a great altruistic program.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (05/24/07 02:26 PM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Just a thought on TV and mind control. [Re: leery11]
    #6961883 - 05/24/07 02:29 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

what about hugging rangers ?

:yinyang: :wink:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #6961884 - 05/24/07 02:29 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have a nephew who watches a lot of television, im just wonder exactly how it is effecting him as a young child.. he is only 5. He'll start preschool pretty soon and start the beginning of the learning educational process.

Last thing I want is my nephew to watch horror films or anything that will make him have nightmares. I use to watch the movie Jason when I was younger and it would put me in a state of fear.

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#6961896 - 05/24/07 02:34 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

There are those who recognize that the average human doesn't even want to use their mind. They feel that its open season. These kind build realities for them. Capitalism. Yikes.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#6961903 - 05/24/07 02:36 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Set a good example for him.

Males have a tendency to be forced to "grow up" and think that violence is cool.

I can trace my progression. I used to be really scared of any blood or violence at all, but my parents would be like (mainly my dad) "well it's not that bad, just a little bit of blood in this one. it's a good movie" and i'd see it

and this is how it goes. you graduate from Power Rangers to Freddy Krueger and somehow you wind up with an assault rifle in your hands fighting for Uncle Sam......

in the worst case scenario..... because those kids that join the army don't leave a trail of pixies and rainbows and LSD and hugs and nature hikes and trees and cuddling and peace vigils and meditation and asanas and zazen and unicorns and emotional conversations and empathic listening

they start out with plastic army men, GI JOEs, fake guns.... paintball guns, slasher films, action movies, war movies, real guns, hunting, first person shooters, countless games involving you being America killing evil doers..... a healthy dose of completely staged "terrorism" (this is an opinion that will be widely controversial) and now they are primed and ready to go... that catalyst of 9/11 allowed for them to finally get to act out all the violence they have spent their entire lives soaking up

but look
NO ONE

wants to sit idly by and watch people get killed. it either has seem lucrative and innocent, such as a children's cartoon where the violence is very unrealistic, or it has to have some sort of adult and peer influence where they are more or less forced to watch these realistic killings because everyone else is doing it and a young child doesn't want to be ostracized by his family, nor does the young male want to be castrated and called a "sissy" for not enjoying the "masculine" (nonsense) activities.

damn patriarchal yang society.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Edited by leery11 (05/24/07 02:38 PM)

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#6961909 - 05/24/07 02:37 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

What about this kind of mind control?? You can always shut off the TV, or not even own one, but this is what really gets me thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dCcs3ZKsgc

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6961944 - 05/24/07 02:51 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Droz said:
I have a nephew who watches a lot of television, im just wonder exactly how it is effecting him as a young child.. he is only 5. He'll start preschool pretty soon and start the beginning of the learning educational process.

Last thing I want is my nephew to watch horror films or anything that will make him have nightmares. I use to watch the movie Jason when I was younger and it would put me in a state of fear.

Peace,
Droz

I don't think that imposing your ideas on him would do any good. Kids are smart. Extremely smart and suborn. A killer combination. :stoned:
Remember how you were when you were 5.
I do... I really do and I know that it wouldn't have worked for me... it still doesn't and never will... only the forms of protesting have changed :lol:
I'd just silently watch him and let him make his own decisions, no matter how erroneous they might be, considering that he's not in an obvious danger.
He has to learn on his own as much as possible... and you need to let that happen and interfere only in extreme situations.
Anyways, that's my opinion :mushroom2:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Just a thought on TV and mind control. [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6962041 - 05/24/07 03:26 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Backfromthedead i'm interested in what that woman said about new age religions being government propoganda

there are many Christians who believe in NWO and illuminati and etc who state the same thing, who believe in 2012, but believe in Christ for whatever reason

it is curious. also there were 2 instances of missing information in those films that i saw..... when the woman was talking about her purse, and when the special report thing just randomly jumped in.

--------------------

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#6962310 - 05/24/07 05:09 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'd have to watch them again. I am just plain interested in the possibilities. I would have to call myself a very unorthodox Christian sense it is the mushrooms that brought me to Christ. But I feel that this was the origin of the faith. If you read any of James Arthur's stuff he explains that Christ actually means, 'one anointed with the magical substance' Then he goes into, at length, all the different terms used throughout history to describe this magical substance. ie, Soma, Ambrosia, Teonanacatl(flesh of the gods), etc... I feel that all this NWO/Illuminati/2012 is readying us for a new age. The age of Aquarius. The present day is in effect an initiation period into the 'hidden knowledge' that has been around since the beginning, the same knowledge that Jesus was killed for trying to teach, IMO. Hence the Sun on the Cross. A sufficient measure of control is in order if this is the case because seemingly all hell will break loose. End times anyone?? I tend to think the second coming has to do with the reemergence of the Christ consciousness brought about by the use of now occult means. The magic.

--------------------

Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
    #6962335 - 05/24/07 05:16 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

words, oxygen, sunlight, electromagnetic radiation, all alter mental if let so set filters in place

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Just a thought on TV and mind control. [Re: backfromthedead]
    #6962340 - 05/24/07 05:17 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

hmmm

i think the second coming is that of consciousness itself as well

i am just curious because it really seems some of the fundamentalist Christians who believe in the literal deity, son of God, salvation, the Bible is the only true book ever written kind of thing seem to be hitching along to 2012 as their date of "end times" (beginning times, ascension) and it makes me wonder because I'm a confused individual that would like if there were a Christ who loved me, but I've tried a lot and a lot and a lot so

it was puzzling to hear that new age religions are "NWO propoganda"

the Christ story is really embedded DEEP in us! it's crazy they are still playing on the devil archetype "Satanic rituals" and such.

--------------------

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#6962514 - 05/24/07 06:16 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I think there is a Christ who loves you. I feel that it is you. Everybody. Its part of the human psyche. I just think a man named Jesus, if in fact he existed, became this part of himself. God made flesh if you will. He tried to explain it to people in the only way that made sense to him. The Father, Heaven... I feel these are parts of the human being and states of consciousness.

I've got to watch those videos again.

--------------------

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: Just a thought on TV and mind control. [Re: backfromthedead]
    #6962528 - 05/24/07 06:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The next dude that figures out how to make the transition, then perfects a way to teach the process might just be considered the second coming. IMO, its as easy as my avatar, 'do this in remembrance of me' because like you said its embedded DEEP. It just happens.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

An eye for an eye makes the world blind... [Re: leery11]
    #6962675 - 05/24/07 06:56 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: An eye for an eye makes the world blind... [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6962705 - 05/24/07 07:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup::thumbdown:

that was quite odd .!.

were the white things supposed to be consumers, and what they were fed actually poison?

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: An eye for an eye makes the world blind... [Re: leery11]
    #6962752 - 05/24/07 07:20 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I think it applies to every kind of situation that resembles... that is just an example of the many :shrug:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
Re: An eye for an eye makes the world blind... [Re: Droz]
    #6962764 - 05/24/07 07:23 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

This is why I prefer books and music to television: more selection; filtration of the mindless bullshit I don't want to hear about.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: An eye for an eye makes the world blind... [Re: leery11]
    #6962771 - 05/24/07 07:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

tv allows you to live out scenarios from the comfort of your own home. Some say it helps relieve stress, but I truly believe it helps to desensitize us from so many crazy, off the wall things.

also, commercials are the worst. They literally program you to remember the product, using advanced psychological techniques. Probably not in a malicious way (to them) but I would certainly call it less than savory.

For example, they will flood you with lots of information - more than you can remember at once. Then they flash the logo at you for a few seconds, take it away, flash it again, fade out.

It's totally imprinting images and words into your subconscious. Or at least that's how I feel about it.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
Re: An eye for an eye makes the world blind... [Re: kotik]
    #6962783 - 05/24/07 07:28 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, commercials definitely get into your head via classical conditioning: a certain song plays while a tasty burger is shown on the screen and, before you know it, you hear that same song on the radio and it triggers an association of that song to the food item that was being displayed, thus making you crave that food item. Woot for subliminal influence.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies