Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: birdseed/flour substrate question
    #69600 - 12/26/99 07:03 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Can anyone else see this message, or did I fuck up? this is really my first time posting here on the Shroomery...

------------------
Oh, what a tangled web we weave...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #69602 - 12/26/99 08:39 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

hey The Unforgiven,

I gave the birdseed/rice flour substrate a try a while back and wasn't really impressed. I believe the mix I used was 70% seed 30% rice. It kinda made my birdseed stick together, and since I shake mine up every once in a while, that slowed colonization. Someone here mentioned before that it doesn't really make sense to mix birdseed, which has a high nutrient content, with brown rice which isn't as nutritious. So, in my experience, straight birdseed seems to give better results. Hope this helps. :smile:
DH

Offlinecrispy
enthusiast
    #69603 - 12/26/99 08:45 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Welcome to Shroomery Unforgiven. Yes, we can see you :smile: People are more likely to answer your question if it seems you have tried to do research first. Explore the site and you will be amazed at the volume of info If you have not grown before stick to MMgg or Pf tech, don't experiment!

Anonymous

#69604 - 12/26/99 11:31 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I have researched it...I've been on the Shroomery for almost a year, just never registered a name. I found nothing about a birdseed and brown rice flour substrate anywhere on this site or others. Also, I've already used the PF tek and MMGG, and am now using the Shroom Wiz tek.

PS - DethHed - thanks for the info.

------------------

OfflineCFH(COWBOY FROM HELL)
    #69605 - 12/26/99 03:33 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I experimented with 70%bird seed with the sunflower seeds taken out and about %30 brown rice with the pf method until the cakes were fully colonized .Then I broke the up for casing.The birdseed brown rice cakes seemed to colinize much faster than my pure brown rice and verm cakes did.The spores were from the spore chicks .But they said the original eq spores they used were Ryche's.

Anonymous

#69606 - 12/26/99 04:18 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey The Unforgiven:

Glad you came in from the shadows :smile: If you haven't gone to Ryche's site yet, he has some good mixes posted there. Here's his site:
http://thehawkseye.com/

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

Anonymous

#69607 - 12/27/99 07:18 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

yea, I've been to Ryche's site (Ryche is the shit!) and looked at the mixes on there...some are very interesting. Thanks for the input.

------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds