Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineconcertina
Stranger
First grow, feedback needed. (outdoor bed)
    #6952634 - 05/22/07 04:09 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hello shroomery,

I am left with a couple unanswered questions about outdoor beds after research.

Using Moe's outdoor growing tek, do you think it would be beneficial to put a layer of peat moss on top of my patch to help retain moisture? or will hay work as well?

I also have access to a large supply of horse manure to spawn to. My only question about this is the manure is from the stall of a horse so there is quite a bit of bedding(sawdust) mixed in with the poo and the compost pile is also cover with tall grass. Do you think any of this will prove to be a problem... the sawdust... the grass culture? If so what kind of manure can i buy?

Any comments or answers are appreciated!!

First Bag 18 days:

Second bag 18 days:

----------------------------------------------

Fist bag 25 days:
front-

back-

Second bag 25 days (just before broken up):

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineboneynerd
Mushway! EatFresh!
Male User Gallery

Loc: milkyway.usa
Re: First grow, feedback needed. (outdoor bed) [Re: concertina]
    #6952704 - 05/22/07 04:30 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

ude be better doin a bulk tek with that bag, and honestly.. how often do the Popo's do flyby's in there helicopters lookin for gorilla mushy grows haha. dude, just do a decent grow cause outside ull have to deal with slugs/bugs and just all that BS.

--------------------
"Your mama's grow was so contaminated, the shroomery got trich." :headbanger:
-SpitballJediS

"your a female, no one woulda cared you were naked,hell probably made someone's day, but I pull my balls out on a bus and im the bad guy.."
-Bishlap

Offlineatomic1
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Appalachia
Re: First grow, feedback needed. (outdoor bed) [Re: boneynerd]
    #6952716 - 05/22/07 04:34 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

boneynerd said:
ude be better doin a bulk tek with that bag, and honestly.. how often do the Popo's do flyby's in there helicopters lookin for gorilla mushy grows haha. dude, just do a decent grow cause outside ull have to deal with slugs/bugs and just all that BS.

I'd have to agree. I'd hate for that bag of spawn and the time spent waiting on it to go to waste.

Offlineconcertina
Stranger
Re: First grow, feedback needed. (outdoor bed) [Re: atomic1]
    #6952735 - 05/22/07 04:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have to do them outside regardless due to roommates that would not even consider allowing this in their home. So outdoor it is. I plan on getting DE, a ring of copper, piss, and hair for the patch to keep all the animals away. I also plan on trying the beer trick. I hope all of this together will help with the pest problem, but i am confined to the outdoors. So hopefully nature does its job.

Offlineatomic1
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Appalachia
    #6952741 - 05/22/07 04:41 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

:goodluck:

Offlineconcertina
Stranger
Re: First grow, feedback needed. (outdoor bed) [Re: atomic1]
    #6953278 - 05/22/07 06:50 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the input guys.. but can anyone answer my questions about the poo and peat moss?

Offlinelind2388
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NY
    #6953487 - 05/22/07 07:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The horse poo will be fine. I'm in the middle of growing an outdoor grow right now. Heres what i did: Colonized 12 pint jars of wbs. Dug a square hole 6 feet by 6 feet about 7-8 inches deep. Filled it with about five inches of horse poo with a little vermiculite to help with moisture then put a layer of about 1-1.5inches of the colonized wbs. I then put on a mix of leaves and a 50/50 casing mix about 1/2 inch thick maybe a bit more. Got a big piece of cardboard then covered the patch with it to keep in the moisture and allow the wbs to colonize the horse poo. I also covered the cardboard with dry leaves and twigs and stuff so no one would know it was there if they happened to pass by it. I did that a few days ago so i still have some time before i take off the cardboard.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags