Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegrowfax
Stranger
Extracting Pure Mescaline tek & questions
    #6949755 - 05/21/07 11:20 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hi everyone here is a tek I found for Extracting Pure Mescaline it has been around the net for some time now you may have even seen it befor but I have afew question so here is the tek first and my questions I plan to do this tek so I'll be posting pics and the steps as I go along

The isolation of mescaline from cacti containing this alkaloid is not difficult to perform and is perhaps one of the most rewarding alchemical processes that one can attempt. The chemicals required for this process are readily avilable and their purchase arouses no suspicion or interest on the part of government agencies [This may no longer be true, use reasonable caution when purcahsing any chemicals - EoI]. The equipment employed is not expensive or particularly complicated or can be constructed very easily from ordinary household items. The entire process can be carried out in any kitchen in a matter of hours by following the instruction below and in the final stages one can verify the success of the procedure by actually watching the crystals of mescaline precipitate in the solution.
One kilo (2.2 lbs.) of dried peyote buttons may yield between 10 and 60 grams of pure white needle crystals of mescaline depending upon the potency of the plants used. On the average the yield is about 20 grams. The usual underground price for a kilo of dried peyote ranges between $125 and $250 (25› to 50› per button). From Indians in the southwestern USA the price is closer to $50 (10› per button). The street price for a gram of pure mescaline is $20 to $30 - if one is lucky enought to find it. One can obtain from a kilo of peyote $200 to $1200 worth of mescaline. If San Pedro is employed one may anticipate a yield of 3 to 12 grams of mescaline per kilo of dried cactus. One can legally purchase a kilo of dried San Pedro for $5 to $10 and from it extract $60 to $250 worth of mescaline. [Note from Elric: The above prices are in 1977 dollars. Neither peyote or mescaline are commonly available these days, but San Pedro cactus is still legally avialble in most cactus stores.]

PROCESS [NOTE!! In NO CASE should any aluminium cookware, containers, or utensiles be used at any point in the process. Stainless Steel is the best bet.] Grind a kilo of the cactus, place this in a large pressure cooker, cover with distilled water and boil for 30 minutes. Strain the liquids and save them. Return the pulp to the pot add more water and boil again for 30 minutes. Strain the liquids and combine with the first strainings. Repeat this process about five times or until the pulp no longer has a bitter taste. Discard the pulp and reduce the volume of the combined strainings by boiling in an open pot. Do not use aluminum ware.

When the liquids have been concentrated to the thickness of cream (about 1 quart) stop the boiling and stir in 400 g of sodium hydroxide [Carefully and slowly, it will react with the liquid]. This makes the mescaline more soluble in benezene and less soluble in water. If a large separatory funnel is avilable pour the liquids into it and add to this 1600 ml of benezene [Carefully again]. Shake the funnel well for 5 minutes and let stand for 2 hours. If a separatory funnel is not available the process can be carried out in a one gallon jug with a siphon attached. After standing for 2 hours the water layer will settle to the bottom and the benzene layer will float to the top. Between the two layers will be a thin emulsion layer of mixed water and benzene. Drain off the water and emulsion layers if you are using a separatory funnel or siphon off the benzene layer if you are using the makeshift jug-siphon aooaratus. Be certain that neither the water or emulsion layers get into the benezene layer when separating. If any of these layers do get into the benzene during the separation, pour everything back into the separator, let stand and repeat the separation more carefully. It is better to leave some benzene layer in the water and emulsion than to get the water or emulsion in the benzene. Nothing will be wasted. All of the benzene which contains the mescaline will eventually be salavaged.

Sometimes the layers will fail to separate properly. If this is the case immerse the funnel or jug in a deep pot of hot water for two hours. This will break up the emulsion and bring about the separation. Prepare a solution of 2 parts sulfuric acid and 1 part water. (Never add water to the acid or it will splatter; add the acid a little at a time to the water by pouring it down the inside of the graduate or measuring cup containing the water.) Add 25 drops of the acid solution one drop at a time to the benzene extracts. Stopper the jug and shake well for 1 minute. Thenlet it stand for 5minutes. White streaks of mescaline sulfates should begin to appear in the benzene. If these do not appear, shake the jug more vigorously for two or three minutes and let it settle for another 5 minutes. I have found that when extracting mescaline from San Pedro it is sometimes necessary to shake the mixture more thoroughly and for a longer time to get the mescaline streaks to form. This is probably because of the lower mescaline content in the plant. This would also apply to any peyote that does not have a high mescaline content. After the streaks appear add 25 more drops of the acid solution in the same manner, shake as before and let settle for 10 minutes. More streaks will appear. Add 15 drops of acid, shake and wait about 15 minutes for more streaks to form. Add 10 drops, shake and wait about 30 minutes. Test the solution with wide range pH paper. It should show that the solution is between pH 7.5 and 8. Allow the mescaline sulfate crystals to completely precipitate.
Siphon off as much of the benzene as possible without disturbing the crystals on the bottom of the jug. The next steps are to salvage any mescaline still in the water and emulsion layer. Combine the benxene siphonings with the water/emulsion layer, shake these well together for 5 minutes and let settle for 2 hours as before. Carefully remove the benzene layer, treat it again with acid, precipitate the crystals and siphoned benzene with the watery layer and repeat this again and again until no more crystals precipitate. Siphon off as much benzene as possible without drawing crystals through the siphon.

The next step involves removing the remaining benzene from the crystals. There are two methods to choose from. The first is the quickest, but requires ether, which is dangerious and often difficult to procure. Shake up the crystals with the remianing benzene and pour it into a funnel with filter paper. After the benzene has passed through the filter rinse the jug with 100 ml of ether to salvage any crystals in the jug and pour the ether over the crystals in the fitler. After the ether has passed through the filter repeat the rinsing with another 100 ml ether. Then let the crystals dry. If ether is not available or if you do not wish to use such a highly combustible substance, the precipate and residual benzene can be poured into a beaker. The jug should be rinsed several times with a little benzene and added to the beaker so that no crystals are left behind. The beaker is then placed in a heat bath until all of the benzene has been evaporated.

The next step is to purify the mescaline sulfate crystals. After either of these methods has been carried out dissolve the dry crystals in 200 ml of near-boiling distilled water. Add a pinch of activated charcoal (Norite) and filter while still hot through #2 filter paper. The hot water which contains the mescaline will pass through the filter. The Norite absorbs impurities from the mescaline. After the liquids have passed through the filter pour a little more hot water over the filter to rinse through any remaining mescaline which may have impregnated the filter paper.

Add 10% ammonia solution a few drops at a time to the hot filtrates until the solution registers between pH 6.5 and 7. Place a boiling stone in the solution and reduce its volume to 75 ml by boiling. Remove the boiling stone and allow the solution to cool to room temperature. Place the solution in a freezer or in a refrigerator turned up to the coldest possible temperature and the solution to cool almost to freezing. Tiny white needle like crystals will form around the bottom and sides of the beaker. Break up the crystals with a glass stiring rod while the solution is still ice cold and pour through a filter. Mescaline sulfate is insoluble in near freezing water and will not pass through the filter. Rinse the beaker with fresh ice water and pour this over the filter. The crystals will now be pure white and can be dried under a heat lamp or in an oven at 250ø F. More mescaline can be salvaged from the water that has passed through the filter by boiling these liquids down to about 20 ml. adding Norite while hot, filtering through #2 paper as before, chilling the filtrate to near freezing once more, filtering while cold, rinsing with ice water and drying the crystals. This repetition should obtain at leat 2 more grams of mescaline sulfate. If large volume mescaline extraction is being conducted it would be worthwhile to repeat this salvaging procedure several more times.

ok so here are my questions if I can get these anwsered i'll be able to get started

1. benezene where is the best place to find this??? I have been lookin around and cant find it anywhere Can I sub benzene with naphtha???
or does anyone know of any better to substitute it with???

2. sulfuric acid where is the best place to find this??? isnt this pool acid??? is there a sub for this???

thats about it I am kinda high right now so when I remember I'll just reply to this that takes care of my major part of not getting started yet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrowfax
Stranger
Re: Extracting Pure Mescaline tek & questions [Re: growfax]
    #6949961 - 05/22/07 12:08 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

oh I remebered my other questions??

How manys hits are in a gram of mescaline??? & if mescaline is so rare at the moment how much would a hit cost?? pretty much what would be a suggested street price per hit?????

hey another off the topic question Can LSA from morning glory be turned into LSD???

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
    #6949975 - 05/22/07 12:10 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

growfax said:
oh I remebered my other questions??

How manys hits are in a gram of mescaline??? & if mescaline is so rare at the moment how much would a hit cost?? pretty much what would be a suggested street price per hit?????

Depends on the dosage per 'hit'.
Quote:

hey another off the topic question Can LSA from morning glory be turned into LSD???

no.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Extracting Pure Mescaline tek & questions [Re: The_Ghost]
    #6950878 - 05/22/07 07:41 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Offlinegrowfax
Stranger
Re: Extracting Pure Mescaline tek & questions [Re: myndreach]
    #6951156 - 05/22/07 09:32 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

ok nice video im sure the final product was good but in the tek I posted the final product is to be white or yellowish crystals in your video it is a really dark brown why is that??? and the video started with 400g of cactus the final product looked to be a really small yield??

in my tek it says If San Pedro is employed one may anticipate a yield of 3 to 12 grams of mescaline per kilo a kilo is 2.2 lbs 400g is almost 1lb in the video they did not yield but what looks like about a grams or so of brown final product not white or yellow it didnt even look like crystals

my questions are still the same

1. benezene where is the best place to find this??? I have been lookin around and cant find it anywhere Can I sub benzene with naphtha???

2. sulfuric acid where is the best place to find this??? isnt this pool acid??? is there a sub for this???

3. how many dosages are in a gram of mescaline??? thats what i ment by a hit

well anyways anyone have any ideas or can anwser my questions

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #6951301 - 05/22/07 10:31 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I did the video one and yielded yellowish white :thumbup:
  the chems in the video are easy to get
  oh and sulphusic acid isn't pool acid
  muriatic acid is and its the same thing as hydrochloric
  oh and roughly 2.5
  you see with different extractions you yield a different type of mesc
  the mesc in the video is Mescaline Hydrochloride
  mesc with sulfuric acid is Mescaline Sulphate
    it's less potent

Edited by cpw1971 (05/22/07 10:34 AM)

Offlinegrowfax
Stranger
Re: Extracting Pure Mescaline tek & questions [Re: cpw1971]
    #6954697 - 05/22/07 11:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

anyone able to anwser my questions like it would even help if you knew product names from when you had to get it or knew someone who had it PM IT TO ME IF YOU NEED TO

2. sulfuric acid where is the best place to find this???

is there a sub for this???

3. how many dosages are in a gram of mescaline???

4. what happens when 2 acids mix???

I still want to try this tek so please help

off the topic question

hey the other day me and my friends mom was talkin & she told me that back in the day she bought this yellow crystal like powder that as she knew was made from weed she said it wasnt hash but got here really baked when she smoked it they called it "tea" or "T" i dont know has anyone ever heard of it??? from what she has said the effects where the same as weed but with a really strong high but not the same as what i have read of dmt's effects i dont even know if they had dmt back then

any ideas??

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #6955359 - 05/23/07 06:14 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

growfax said:
ok nice video im sure the final product was good but in the tek I posted the final product is to be white or yellowish crystals in your video it is a really dark brown why is that???

the product was dark because the extraction was cooked down too long probably.

Sulfuric acid can be bought at auto parts stores. It is the acid they use for car batteries. It is pretty cheap.
theres 2 to 3 doses in a gram of mesc
Benezine you may need to find at a chemical supply place. if you order from those types of places you risk suspicion.
maybe it could be substituted with Toluene or Xylene??? not sure
both of those can be found at Home Depot though
but like I said... the chems in the video tek are easy to find
what does your last question have to do with DMT??? theres no DMT in weed anyway.
maybe you are talking about Kief???
that is just the trichomes that fall off the bud

Edited by cpw1971 (05/23/07 06:35 AM)

OfflineWannaBe_80z
Stranger

Re: Extracting Pure Mescaline tek & questions [Re: myndreach] * 1
    #7090115 - 06/25/07 08:22 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

that video is down- another link?

OfflinePeace
Life doesn't end @ your flesh...

Loc: Theraputic Mountain
Re: Extracting Pure Mescaline tek & questions [Re: WannaBe_80z]
    #7162557 - 07/11/07 07:14 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

damn extracting mescaline seems harder then extracting dmt.... when i made dmt once it came out as a yellow powder...so powdery that if you touched it it was like flower...kinda stuck to your finger. But if your friends mom took dmt i doubt it would have gotten her high...it would taken her on the most unspeakably incredible journey... so it was probably kief or something who knows...I could have taken the extraction a step further to produce white crystals but had no ammonium... that shit would have raised suspicion, cause i could only see it at chem. lab type of retailers.

But once again...i was hoping this would be easy bleh...i herd you can use everclear and get a less pure form of mescaline...probably mescaline hash, just by doing the same method you would to extract hash from mj with the iso alc. method. Maybe something similar to the dmt extraction method would work as well....dunno... i know my friend wanted to prove dmt was in everything so he got a lottt of shwag and got a small quantity...earlyer on in the proccess though he was able to seperate the thc so it wouldnt mix with the harmfull stuff so he got both hash and a hits worth of dmt...lots of hash...was lots of weed haha.

The method i used for dmt was the one where you use vinegar and a steamer and reduce the ammount after simmering the bark for a couple hours...then something like strain...i also used naptha, hydrochloric acid (which i bought off ebay hah and i think i might have used alcohol to....or maybe thats what the rosonthol lighter fluid(naptha)! you still can to from i think a specific individual on there) or just use pool acid (muratic) if you cant get that. and ya it had alot more to it (if anyone wants a link....) But what im trying to get to, is maybe using naptha...evercleer or rubbing alcohol.

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: Extracting Pure Mescaline tek & questions [Re: Peace]
    #7162937 - 07/11/07 08:29 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

ISO alcohol works to get a crude tar. It works great and is easy.

you have a friend that got DMT outta weed???
BTW Ammonia is at the grocery store with the cleaning products.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Extracting Pure Mescaline tek & questions [Re: cpw1971]
    #7163592 - 07/11/07 10:37 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

ur friends mom probley had hash or hash/honey oil.

>"I still want to try this tek so please help"

Searching will yield more than this post i assure you.
Might wanna read threw the forum rules too.

OfflineBurleyPsila
EnthoMyco-Botany
Male User Gallery

Loc: AUS Flag
Re: Extracting Pure Mescaline tek & questions [Re: myndreach]
    #20536643 - 09/08/14 05:36 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

myndreach said:
Here you go friend....

Video, step by step extraction process

Your video does not work nooooo

OfflineWaylonlove
Stranger
    #27617238 - 01/13/22 10:49 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone ever substitute 200 proof etoh for liminone using 69rons Tek? I don't have a good enough understanding of chemistry to know if they could be exchanged?

Thanks

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Extracting Pure Mescaline tek & questions [Re: Waylonlove]
    #27617378 - 01/13/22 12:30 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

No.

You need some non-polar solvent that does not mix with water.

Ethanol is polar and just dilutes the water.

Limonene and xylene are the best for this. They do not mix with water and form a seperate layoer ontop. This is what you need, for any extraction.

-

OfflineWaylonlove
Stranger
Re: Extracting Pure Mescaline tek & questions [Re: Pandemoon]
    #27617899 - 01/13/22 09:43 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you!

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA NC
Re: Extracting Pure Mescaline tek & questions [Re: Waylonlove]
    #27617915 - 01/13/22 09:59 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I will have to break down your different teks and see how they compare to the old ones I have in a book from the 70's or something.

It shows a very easy method that only gives you less refined mescaline, but unless you are trying to sell it, it seems good to have a simple process that still gives you good results.

Look for it soon.

I don't have time to do it now.

Mainly I want to compare the supplies and see if they are still easy to get like when the book was written, and also see if the method is outdated.

It seems like a pretty easy tek.

Easy is good for beginners like me.

--------------------
Just take um like you get um.

Those ephemeral spasms of infinity, in suspended animation, born across a boundless ether of existential misery aloft a revelry (of awe) for the abhorrently sublime.

Offlineiggyhiggy
Stranger
    #27618154 - 01/14/22 06:37 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

We probably live in different areas of the planet, so im not sure where you can easily find the reagents, but
1. for benzene you shoul probably try in stores that sell chemicals. depending where you live it may be ok, or suspicious or you could need a licence.
benzene, xylene and toluene are all great solvents, but quite dangerous/unhealty. you'd need a fume hood to work safely with them
Limonene is much safer, plus its easier to find and (usually) uncontrolled. Try hardware stores.

2. Not sure about sulphuric. HCl (hydrocloric acid) works well (if not better).
it's commonly sold as muriatic in HW stores, but there you find it low grade. If you can, go for high grade HCl.

IME The product usually come out more as a brownish resin than as a white-yellow crystal.
I think it's due to other alkaloids (you get the full spectrum alkaloids from this tek) and impurities. it works as it is, but you have to 'figure out' the dosage. if you 'wash' with acetone or MEK you'll obtain a more powdery and clear result.

Offlineiggyhiggy
Stranger
    #27618164 - 01/14/22 06:48 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, the other questions...
3. Mescaline dosage is around 300-400mg, so in a pure form a gram is about 3 hits. 2 hits for harder and brave heads. if you dont purify it, you may want to increase a bit the dosage

4. In theory you can turn LSA in LSD but you're going to perform a synthesis, not an extraction. You'd need glassware, controlled reagents, lab environment and good organic chemistry knowledge. So the actual answer is No, there isn't an easy kitchen-proof way to do that

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale