Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineterrapinner
Feel Like AStranger
Wet Spot On Fully Colonized Grain Jars
    #6947206 - 05/21/07 01:12 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

All of the pictures I see of wet spot are in grain jars that are still colonizing. Can and will wet spot take over a fully colonized jar of WBS?

I had a few jars left over that I didn't use last time and am just now getting around to maybe using them. A few of them have developed a little bit of standing water in them (I'm guessing from condensation) and the mycelium looks fairly wet in places (not really slimy, but wet).

The mycelium is still nice and white it just looks kinda wet and flat instead of light and fluffy.

I haven't opened them to smell them, but they do not have any odor when I smell them through the tyvek covered hole.

I was just wondering if this could be wet spot or another form of bacteria infecting the colonized jar...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Wet Spot On Fully Colonized Grain Jars [Re: terrapinner]
    #6949783 - 05/21/07 11:27 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

It's common if you leave jars for too long, for mycelial metabolites to build up in the bottom of the jar. It usually isn't a problem if you're going to spawn them to bulk, but I wouldn't use them for grain to grain transfers.

Make sure they smell ok when you use them. As long as they're white and smell like fresh mushrooms, you'll be fine. Wetspot is actually a bad 'slang' name for bacterial contamination, which makes your jars stink. If your jars don't smell like the kitchen trash you forgot to empty for a couple of days, they're ok.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies