Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

crazy farmer bitch!
    #694073 - 06/22/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Okay, this is crazy. I went to a field today, one that I've been going to for a few weeks. So I'm creeping along the back of the field, scoring like 20 mid-sized copes and 2 good-sized cubes. All of a sudden, this fat lady starts screaming at me from about 100-200 yards away. I could barely make out what she was yelling, but I did hear a "HOLD IT!!" in there somewhere. I freaked and started walking quickly toward the back fence, where my car was parked on a little side road. She's still yelling, so I start running. I was wearing Teva sandals, so I took them off and started running top speed barefoot. When I got to my car, I thought everything was going to be cool. I was wrong. The side road where I had parked was a *ONE-WAY STREET*. As I start driving I notice a red truck driving toward me. I didn't know what to think. As it got closer, I noticed it was the farmer lady. She pulls right up to the front of my car, blocking me completely. I put the car in reverse and start backing up, but she continues to drive forward, keeping less than a foot between our cars. She keeps driving toward me yelling at the top of her lungs. I swear she was gonna drive into me. The look in her eyes... she wanted to kill me i swear to god. Finally, I bust a sharp right turn and drive around her. She yells out the window "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE YOU SON OF A BITCH!" With my window rolled down, I yelled back at her "I WAS JUST HIKING!". She was pissed. Ugly. Fat. and very ugly. Luckily, I discovered a new field right afterwards and brough home the bacon.
One question: If she wrote down my license plate (which is very possible), what could she do? If the cops got involved, would I just get busted for tresspassing? I'm just a little paranoid I guess.

Peace,
rafi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVizzerdrix 00
Loc: ShRoOm LaNd!
Re: crazy farmer bitch! [Re: ]
    #694205 - 06/22/02 11:54 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Its very possible...if they can find your footprints in the field, maybe...but dont freak out about it. Just be glad it was her in the red truck instead of a cop car coming down the road!!

--------------------
later

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #694238 - 06/22/02 12:06 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

You might as well know that a Florida Deputy Sherriff got caught murdering two mushroom pickers he told never to come back to the field again. He was observed shooting a mushroom picker in the back while handcuffed by a shreriff driving by on the road, otherwise he would never have been caught.

You can read about it in my site at:

http://mjshroomer.yage.net/news.htm

That was in Florida.

mj

Asked permission if there is a farmer nearby. If not its your neck if you get caught.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (06/22/02 08:59 PM)

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #694807 - 06/22/02 05:04 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If she has no witness she has no proof. Don't worry about it.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#696122 - 06/23/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Damn dude, that is really crazy. I wonder why people get so mad. Not like you were trying to get into the house or anything.

Could it be possible that she had seen you before picking mushrooms? She probably donsen;t like drug users....

OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

Re: crazy farmer bitch! [Re: angryshroom]
    #696301 - 06/23/02 12:38 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

maybe they wanted them, and your stealing it ;P

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: crazy farmer bitch! [Re: angryshroom]
    #696322 - 06/23/02 12:54 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It's called respect. . Sometime in your future life you too will own land or whatever. And you would not want someone invading your land without their permission., Common courtesy is also sought here.

You asked why they get so mad. Well they spent their life working for what they have and they do not want it invaded by people who considered them crazy bitches or crazed farmers.

When you you learn to respect other peoples space then you too will earn the respect of those who you do not like.

If I catch someone on my property without my permission I could break an arm or leg if they were taking what belongs to me.

Ask permission. Then you have no problems.

If they say no, go down the road and asked somewhere else. Then you will not have anything to complain about if you are there legally.

Then the cops can not take you away.

In the south, if someone writes down your car number. It is there word against yours. And they, (farmers), being propertry owners and tax payers would be believed by the law enforcement people in their community.

You people really have to think about what it is that you are doing.

Bitching about people whose space you invade without their permission is not what the shrooms are all about.

A shape up and live right.

Be good to the shrooms and they, in turn, will be good to you.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (06/25/02 08:44 AM)

Anonymous

Re: crazy farmer bitch! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #696363 - 06/23/02 01:15 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

MJ, i don't mean to sound like a smart ass, but everything you just said is common sense. the fact that you actually took the time to write all of that seems pretty ridiculous to me. i did NOT ask why they got mad. c'mon man, are you kidding? i was on there fuckin property, when they clearly had signs that said *no tresspassing*! MJ, i respect the fact that you've posted like 4000 times or whatever, but don't use that as a crutch to lecture people about things they already know. furthermore, i was not bitching. rather, i was calling the farmer a bitch, because she was one. okay? "Shape up and live right" you say? Nice. Sounds like something i heard in kindergarten.

peace,
rafi

OfflineLurkin
crusadin throughcow patties
Loc: my own world
    #696898 - 06/23/02 06:01 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ur lucky her crazy ass didn`t call the cops to come get ya, but I guess a crazy farmer could be worse I`d stay away from that field for a while if I were you!

Lurkin

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#696975 - 06/23/02 06:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I think he was replying to me when I asked why she got so mad.

Well I know WHY she got mad, but, I just wouldnt think she would start chasing you down in the car. There are other ways of telling people to get off the property, and not try to block you in with a car. Seems a resonable way to say it, would say, please I dont want you here, read the sign. Not come after you with a car and scream in your face. BUt, I guess thats a sure - fire way to tell them to fuck off.

Yeah I wouldnt go on private property w/o asking myself. Thats of couse common courtesy. I get mad when people let their dogs shit on my lawn. heh.

InvisiblePeaceful_Nomad
On the Path ofthe Feather
 User Gallery

Loc: Sometimes Kansas - Maybe ...
    #697022 - 06/23/02 06:49 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

DFP,

MJShroomer and GGreatone have been more than kind in
giving you sound advice regarding mushroom hunting. You
are lucky the owner of the land didn't shoot first and ask
questions later. Not to mention the fact that entering
a cow pasture wearing sandals is EXTREMELY hazerdous.
The bulls are the last of your worries. You could find yourself
standing in a fire ant nest or stepping on a Copperhead or
Rattlesnake.

ALL the fields I have hunted were with permission and in
the daytime. Like MJShroomer stated, it is the landowner's
word against yours. The woman who ran you off her property
could claim you were attempting to break into her house and
you would be facing far more than a simple trespassing charge.

Before you flame MJ, you need to know his background, his
accomplishments in the field of Ethnomycology, and the
esteemed individuals he can refer to as colleagues. I can understand
why he didn't acknowledge your last comment. You can gain
some deeper understanding of the basics of mushroom hunting
by reading GGreatone's guide hosted on the Shroom Wizard's Site.
It can be found at http://www.shroomwizard.com/GGreat.html

Mushroom hunting can be quite an experience, but if you aren't
very careful, despite having permission to enter a field, you are
still risking bodily harm in the field (daytime or not) and a possible
bust as you are driving away from that field. I have always had
the landowner sign a waiver giving me permission to enter the field.
Most County Sheriff Officers will cuff and stuff you and confiscate
your bag of mushies for evidence, rather than listen to a story of,
"Mr./Mrs ________ gave me permission to enter their property."

Be aware, Be careful, and always think what your actions may bring
your way. A few mushrooms are not worth a hospital trip, a criminal
record, or death.

Peace to Everyone,

Peaceful Nomad

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: crazy farmer bitch! [Re: Peaceful_Nomad]
    #697522 - 06/24/02 01:41 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

yeah yeah...

peace,
rafi

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ]
    #697548 - 06/24/02 02:49 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

#698395 - 06/24/02 01:06 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Nothing againest you or anything. But why would you want a wavier signed? If i was the owner of the land, i would think it was a little fishy this person i never meet before comes to me and tells me to sign a paper giving him the permission to skip around on my land looking for mushrooms? Like i said before nothing againest you, just seems a lil weird. And if i was on the other end i would defintaly call the police as soon as you went out in my field. I belive someone said something on here and tell them your doing a project for school and need to check out around there area, when REALLY you are lookin for mushies....

but thats just me

Edited by Mr_Puke (06/24/02 01:07 PM)

InvisiblePeaceful_Nomad
 User Gallery

Re: crazy farmer bitch! [Re: Mr_Puke]
    #698466 - 06/24/02 01:58 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

There are many hazards encounterd in SW Florida's cattle fields.
One of the reasons land owners are reluctant for strangers to
access their land is due to the liability factor. In short, the waiver
is a simple "Hold Harmless" agreement, stating that should I be
injured while on their land, I would not bring a lawsuit against
them to collect damages for said injury.

By having such a waiver, signed by the landowner and myself, I
would have written permission to show the authorities (should I
be stopped while leaving the field) removing the "reasonable suspicion"
law enforcement needs to conduct a search of my person and vehicle.
The land owner's mind is essentially put at ease knowing I can't sue
if I were hurt while on his/her land (a copy of the waiver is given
to the landowner).

Answer your question?

Peace to Everyone

Peaceful Nomad

--------------------

InvisiblePeaceful_Nomad
 User Gallery

Re: crazy farmer bitch! [Re: Mr_Puke]
    #698482 - 06/24/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Mr. Puke..

I am an amateur photographer who gains access
to rural land for such purposes. Part of my agreement
with the land owner is to share my work with them
once it is processed. I bring examples of my work to
show them that I am on the up and up.

Should I find some mushrooms along the way, that is
just icing on the cake. I do not feel compelled to explain
to the land owner my affinity for the sacred mushroom.
Don't ask... Don't tell.

Peace to Everyone

Peaceful Nomad

--------------------

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: crazy farmer bitch! [Re: Peaceful_Nomad]
    #699158 - 06/24/02 08:11 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I think MJ was drunk when he wrote that reply... he sure as hell was typing like it, lol.
Give the guy a break people, and stop talking to him like he's a 3 year old.. that's not what all of this is about. He knows he was tresspassing, if he were to get arrested he knows that it was his doing and he had to pay the piper for it. The Farmer was a crazy bitch, enough said.. she didn't need to take it to those measures.. if she was really pissed she should of just snuck back without him seeing her and called the cops, let them deal with it.. instead of acting like a lunatic. MJ and Peaceful Nomad, you're overreacting! Stop crying, the guy knows what he did! Let's get back to some more positive helpful responces to these topics, not flames.

peace to all

Sno

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #699299 - 06/24/02 09:17 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Fuck that bitch man If that had of been me i would of left the mother fucker lying unconcis in the paddock, I dont see what the problem is with farmers like that, Maybee she has had people ruining her land or people shooting or upseting cattle there or something like that, But fuck me she chased ya to, what a mole, The last time someone done that to me i ramed the cunt of the road and caved his fucking head in with a wheel brace, that mother fucker aint got a big mouth no more now.
Ya just wana hope that the bitch dident get ya number plate numbers and report ya to the narks, But then again it's your word against hers.
Sorry to hear about ya bad experince, But i still say you shouldent have let her intimerdate you like that.
Most farms and cow paddocks i got hunting at, i just go and ask the owner and say it's shroom seasom i would it bee ok it if i scaned the pastures, And they usaly dont mind, some time they say just make sure you close any gates you open and dont upset any cattle, i do all of this, and then when they see me the next season they know they can trust me and they know i respect their wishes
so im always welcome now.
That's my ramblings, i hope some of what i said help,s ya i know how frusterating it can bee some times.anyway happy hunting.

--------------------
LIFE IS A BITCH, AND THEN YOU MARRY ONE.

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Offlinemattso
Malcontent
 User Gallery

Loc: Western WA
    #699836 - 06/25/02 07:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I just like the story. I was laughing while I read it. Thanks.
Don't worry about trespassing. If you're not actually THERE when the cops come, there's nothing they can do. It's all just misdemeanor shit anyway. (trespassing, that is)

Great story.

As for the rest of you shmucks.... And John, for God's sake, man, get a spell checker...

--------------------
"Humanity is entering into a time of consequences" ---
- Winston Churchill

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: crazy farmer bitch! [Re: mattso]
    #699966 - 06/25/02 08:54 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well Mattso,

I was actually very stoned after I bioassayed some Salvia and came across this thread. It just irked my good nature because of the way some people talk about people they do not know because they did not get their way.

I have never refered to owners of property in the matter above and most people who do shrooms do not respond like the person from down under who said he would break the arms of a farmer.

This is why farmers do not like pickers. It is the attitude many of them project.

And for Mr. Geko127,

You should go to my news site at my grape vine section of my site and read about the shroom pickers and farmers wars which occured in British Colombia Canada and read some of the news items from Washington and Oregon State about shroom pickers and farmers and what the problem is between them.

http://mjshroomer.yage.net/news.htm

Then go to

http://www.erowid.org

and read the book Magic Mushrooms of Australia and New Zealand by John W. Allen.

There are more than 3 dozen first hand reports concerning shroom use in Australia and New Zealand. Including some where pickers were prosecuted for picking and possession.
\
mj

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies