Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetibberous
Stranger
Just cased, any idea's when harvest will be?
    #6935693 - 05/18/07 05:47 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

My bro just cased six trays. There is about 3/4in to an inch of substrate, with 1/4in to 1/2in of casing mix. Substrates are alien and popcorn, casing mix is 50/50+ (vermiculite, peat moss, crushed oyster shell and hydrated lime). Strains are aussie, PE, Tanz and Cambodian. Temps will hopefully be 75 and 70.

He figures he is looking at the time it takes for the casing to colonize, plus the time it takes for it to start pinning, plus the time it takes for the mushrooms to grow. He was thinking maybe a week for each step, so maybe three weeks total?

Anyone else have a guess, or maybe some tips to speed it up?

Any guess on substrate to yield ratio? (even a rough guess?)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: Just cased, any idea's when harvest will be? [Re: tibberous]
    #6936133 - 05/18/07 08:05 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

3/4 inch sub to 1/2 inch casing is really not going to give you the best fruits. They will be vey tiny. Your sub should have been at the very least 1 1/2 inches.

Anyways, depending on your enviroment, it can be as little as 2 weeks from now, to as much as a month from now. All depends on you I guess, and strains. I hear combodian is very fast.

Good luck..

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Re: Just cased, any idea's when harvest will be? [Re: Akira]
    #6936446 - 05/18/07 10:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Casing run will be 3-4 days, then it will be time to wait on hyphae then pinning.. I would say

3-4 days casing
and a good 5-7 for the start of fruiting..
Then time for fruits to mature, which could be a week or less.

3/4 of an inch isn't that good you will probally have a ton of small shrimpy shrooms, however you will probally get 3-5 flushes, I find that less sub usually equals more flushes but smaller shrooms.

More sub equals much bigger fruits, and usually a very big first flush but wayyyyy fewer on 2nd and 3rd flush if you even get a 3rd (this is on coir)

Where as the thinner usually equals a solid 3-6 flushes of smaller fruits.

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

OfflineBlehMaestro
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just cased, any idea's when harvest will be? [Re: Grogan]
    #6936506 - 05/18/07 10:27 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Grogan said:
Casing run will be 3-4 days, then it will be time to wait on hyphae then pinning.. I would say

Hyphae is just mycelium -

wait for hyphal knots.

-Bleh

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Re: Just cased, any idea's when harvest will be? [Re: BlehMaestro]
    #6936531 - 05/18/07 10:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

thats what I meant, oops lol

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract