Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshr00mn00b
Stranger

Trying shrooms first time need some advice
    #6926521 - 05/16/07 07:43 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

1. I want to try some magic mushrooms for my first time. I am also scared I could mess my mental well being because I am not 100 percent mentally normal, I do have Asspergers so will shrooms become a bad combination with my condition?

2. I don't have much experiences with psychedelics but I have smoked pot and I have gotten kinda tripped out with weed witch is a mild psychedelic right?

3. How do I know witch mushrooms are bad to eat?

4.How much should I eat?

5.Should I have a sober sitter if I take a low-regular dosage?

6. What things should I except before hand?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: Trying shrooms first time need some advice [Re: shr00mn00b]
    #6926568 - 05/16/07 07:53 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

If you don't mind me asking, how severe is your Asperger's syndrome? What are your main symptoms?

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork
Re: Trying shrooms first time need some advice [Re: Land_Crab]
    #6926591 - 05/16/07 07:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

1. Well I don't know anything about Asperger's so please elaborate on your symptoms.

2. other than that shrooms are better to start with than acid for psychadelics IMO mainly because of the length of the trip.

3. Well the mushrooms you are buying are probably psilocybe cubensis. Probably but nnot for sure. Just look at some of the pictures on the nent of active mushrooms but don't go pick your own. You can always post some pics in to be identified in one of the mushroom forums.

4. First time, I would say 1.5-2 grams. More if you want but no more than 2.5 for first trip. I ate 3.5 and I was fine but everyone is different. With your condition probably less then especcially if weed is very powerful on you.

5. A sober friend around can never hurt especcially it being your first time and I assume you are doing it alone.

6. Expect the unexpected. Really there is not much to expect tripping is a unique experience may great things can happen. Many terrible things can happen but either its an experience not to be forgotten.

InvisibleSirBlunt
Cube
Male

Loc: Canadia
    #6926592 - 05/16/07 07:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

1. I have no idea, sorry.
2. Im just letting you know that shrooms are nothing like pot at all and are much more intense.
3.I would take a picture and post it on here and see if you can get an ID.
4. My first time I had 2 grams dried and I was tripping pretty good. I wouldn't do any more than 3.5 grams dried for your first time.
5.Its always more fun and comforting when you are with someone else.
6. There is no predicting where the mushies will take you, just go with the flow and trip out! :tongue2:

--------------------
Legends

My Cakes

Offlineshr00mn00b
Stranger

#6926624 - 05/16/07 08:05 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

My symptoms are:

Hand gestures

Fixations

Slow talking

InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male

#6926628 - 05/16/07 08:06 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

1. I don't know if shrooms + any mental disorder is a good combo. I have a friend who got Bipolar disorder and he isn't acting any more fucked since before he started doing mush.

2. Weed has some psychedelic effect, its rarely felt by normal users. Comparing to those that did mushrooms. But don't expect both substances to be anything alike.

3.There are bunch of pictures and descriptions on this website. If you are buying them there is low chance you gotta worry. If you are picking them in the wild you can post your finding in Mushroom Hunting forum where the mushroom will be identified.

4.For first time id suggest 1-2.5g. Personally i ate 3.5 g first time. Try to eat less if you are not confident although i would suggest not to eat any at all if that how it is.

5. You don't have to. But it definitely might help you. And i strongly suggest it for first timers.

6. I don't expect things. I just take what ever the trip throws at me.

Peace. Take care! :mushroom2:

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
    #6926639 - 05/16/07 08:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know, is usually best to not use psychedelics if you have a mental disease such as schizophrenia. I don't know if it's the same with aspergers.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

OfflineMustardMan
Peace Frog
Male User Gallery

Re: Trying shrooms first time need some advice [Re: AlCapwn]
    #6926687 - 05/16/07 08:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Careful...

If you occasionally get antsy off of pot, you might get a total mind fuck off shrooms... I mean, I use weed during shroom trips to relax me and calm my nerves.

--------------------
Wild Psilocybe Ovoideocystidiata

Cultivated Cubensis

OfflineAspartame187
Sir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago
    #6926860 - 05/16/07 08:53 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

From what I've been told and from what I've seen of aspergers, I really don't think mushrooms would be a problem for you, but I'm not a doctor or anything. Personally, I would go for it, but not if you're too worried about it.

--------------------
Tune in, freak out, get beaten.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Trying shrooms first time need some advice [Re: Aspartame187]
    #6927607 - 05/16/07 11:16 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I agree that (this form of) autism is not cause for the same level of concern that would be appropriate for someone who had a disorder such as schizophrenia, (or who had a family history of schizophrenia). As long as you're in a pretty good frame of mind over all--not too anxious, obsessive, or depressed--then you just need to prepare yourself for what will in all likelihood be an intense experience.

You also definitely want to be in a safe, comfortable environment where you won't have to have any obligations like talking with sober people/strangers. If you have a cool friend with you for your first time, that's always a good thing.
Like they say, you're looking for psilocybin. That's almost certainly going to mean psilocybe cubensis. There are many different species of psilocybin-containing mushrooms, but by far the one most commonly sold and grown is psilocybe cubensis. Here is a link to some pictures of dried ones:
Erowid shroom pics

Good starter dosage is around 1.75 grams like Tangerines says. You could go down to .75 to 1 gram if you wanted to play it extra safe, and I personally wouldn't recommend going over 2 grams for your very first time.

The effects of hallucinogens are hard to predict and hard to explain if you haven't taken them before, though to recap the 3 most important variables: dose, setting, and mindset. If you take a proper dose you can expect to have a very powerful experience unlike any you've ever had before. Some people have extreme reactions to them, ranging from incredible spiritual experiences to "hellishly intense introspective nightmares" -- but that's more common at higher doses.
Erowid is a good resource for info if you haven't checked it out already.

OfflineKarmatron
Kundalini Kid
 User Gallery

Loc: Planet Zuyua
    #6927827 - 05/17/07 12:10 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have never been diagnosed but think that I may have "mild" Asperger's, at least I seem to have a number of the symptoms. Both mushrooms and marijuana seem to have helped me deal with it, if anything.

I feel that I become more aware of my seretonergic response when using mushrooms. This is of course not scientific in any way, but I believe they have helped me psychologically. But beware, they are powerful and should only be used responsibly.

If you were a clone of me, i'd advise you to do it. But also take some advice on set and setting from the people around here. You sound like you want to do it.

DISCLAIMER:
None of the above post constititues the advocation of anybody to do anything, and all references may or may not be factual!

OfflineAspartame187
Sir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago
Re: Trying shrooms first time need some advice [Re: Karmatron]
    #6927873 - 05/17/07 12:20 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I have never been diagnosed but think that I may have "mild" Asperger's, at least I seem to have a number of the symptoms. Both mushrooms and marijuana seem to have helped me deal with it, if anything.

I knew a kid who was genuinely OCD (he had all kinds of rituals that prevented him from functioning normally without meds). He said that during mushroom trips his compulsions would disappear.

--------------------
Tune in, freak out, get beaten.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Trying shrooms first time need some advice [Re: Aspartame187]
    #6928577 - 05/17/07 04:58 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

^Funny you should mention that. Have you seen this?(.pdf)

Personally I don't have OCD, but I have had problems with clinical depression and (social) anxiety. I've also tended to obsess about things to no end, rehashing bad memories over and over. It's purely anecdotal, but I can honestly say that mushrooms have benefited my mental health in the short and mid to long-term. They reduce that tendency towards depressing obsessiveness.

Offlineshr00mn00b
Stranger

#6930456 - 05/17/07 02:13 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Okay I'm going to brace my self for this experience!

How much do the shrooms cost and how much do I get? (In Canada)

InvisibleMyRedrum
Easily Amused
Female User Gallery

Loc: Portland Flag
    #6931635 - 05/17/07 07:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

are you on any medications for your asbergers?  if so, this is something i might want to research first.  :thumbup:

for my first time, i shared an eighth with my friend so it was like half of a normal dose for me.  (i still saw all sorts of things because i'm on a MAOI and i only weigh 100 lbs) 

i'm not entirely familiar with your metric system though :frown:  they were around $25 an eighth here in Oregon (from a well known dealer), but usually i think they can range around $30-45 elsewhere.

i wish you luck on your first trip :laugh: :mushroom2: mushies will blow your mind;)

--------------------
there's someone in my head, but it's not me

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Trying shrooms first time need some advice [Re: MyRedrum]
    #6931701 - 05/17/07 08:01 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

My bro has aspergers and I would never give him shrooms not because I think it will fuck him up but because aspies have a tendancy to overdo everything they find pleasureful and I know he'll start tripping everyday and fuck his life up worse then it already is. I've actually heard speculation it could help cure it with positive trips but don't go outside because your body language is going to get even more fucked as with your ability to recognize social cues.

Offlineshr00mn00b
Stranger

Re: Trying shrooms first time need some advice [Re: jellyfish]
    #6934526 - 05/18/07 11:58 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

No, I do not take any kind of medication for my aspergers.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag