Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Alcohol: A short musing.
    #6922366 - 05/15/07 10:51 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Musing on Alcohol, My Oldest Friend

I feel great, but I want to drink booze. I'm pretty sure I'll feel worse if I do. This is my third day alcohol-free, and the first day in a long time that I woke up in a good mood. Alcohol sucks anyway, it just gets me into trouble. Who needs trouble? And empty pockets?

... I didn't mean it, booze, I love you. But if I drink you now, what will become of my night? Quiet anger and a dull brain? Well, duller, that is. I don't need that. What I need is clarity, something you'll never understand. It's not in your nature to understand complex ideas. You just listen, but don't absorb, and find a way to make a religious debate all about the soul that drank you. You could convince an ant that it's the most important creature on Earth - but therein lies your problem. You're a liar and you'll never admit it.

On top of that, you encourage warfare and adultery! What kind of chemical are you, my dear alcohol? You've ruined great men and women alike, yet your fans are always growing in number. Somehow you convince the best of us that we need you. Well, my poisonous friend, not tonight. At least not right now.

Alcohol, pt II.

Dear booze, you win - I lose. No more than a half hour after degrading you in writing, here I am in one of your fine establishments. They serve you all day!

From 6pm until 9pm, folks are encouraged to drink you in excess. I suppose this is to replace the stench of office sweat with bad breath and a lack of common sense. It's a fair trade-off in most cases, since you seem to have a way of making good people forget they're trapped. It's nice of you.

Also, the people here really know how to make you taste good. It's a challenge - you're disgusting. Our bodies actually - very quickly - learn to reject certain forms of you. Early on, my body decided that when you're dressed up in a clear Russian gown, you are not to be trifled with. It tries to make me remember your wrong-doings, immediately forcing up a teary gag and a shudder. These are ways of alluding to your tricks. You seem nice enough at first - like now - but soon you turn the tables and laugh as you're freed into the sewer system. Shame on you. Marijuana would never do that to me.

But you know what, I forgive you. C'mere.

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Re: Alcohol: A short musing. [Re: lukeboots]
    #6922466 - 05/15/07 11:14 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

this was rather entertaining. and humorous, because i was considering drinking some rum. but i decided i ought not. a buddy is coming to visit later this week, so there'll be plenty of drinking then.

--------------------

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: Alcohol: A short musing. [Re: lukeboots]
    #6922505 - 05/15/07 11:23 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

:congrats:

Loved it.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: Alcohol: A short musing. [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #6924459 - 05/16/07 11:03 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys!

I made this like 12 hours ago and I found it on the 3rd page. Damn pub!

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag