Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejgelldux09
Jake The Baker
Male

Loc: US, MA
Parents and Marijuana
    #6920601 - 05/15/07 03:44 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all, I need some help. Yesterday my parents asked me if i had been doing drugs and I denied it because I'm sure they would be incredibly angry. After that they kinda left and I thought it was over. Well today my brother told me it is not. He went into work with my father, my mom called him, they started to talk about me and drug use, and my dad said, "We will talk about this later, Kyle is here".
Well so now I'm figuring it's only a matter of time before they find out. I need some people to help me to find reputable sources that marijuana isn't bad for you. Well ya sure it's not good, but sources that state the truths, not the propaganda the government spreads. Any help is appreciated, as well as any points I can make to my parents about marijuana that will help and calm their wrath. Please help all, and thanks :-)

--------------------
My posts are false. I participate in no illegal activities.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: jgelldux09]
    #6920728 - 05/15/07 04:17 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Just don't get cought. Simple as dat. Be extra careful for the next few weeks and it'l blow over.
Don't admit to it unless they have physical evidence.

Don't bother thinking of justification for smoking. This are parents we're talking about.

OfflineTheEric
Stranger

#6920740 - 05/15/07 04:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Chill man, they've probably smoked before.

Hopefully it won't be too bad and tell just tell you to be responsible.

InvisibleSirBlunt
Cube
Male

Loc: Canadia
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: TheEric]
    #6920828 - 05/15/07 04:36 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I tried that whole Marijuana isn't bad stuff with the parents...it dosn't work too well it just makes you look more into it.

--------------------
Legends

My Cakes

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: SirBlunt]
    #6920841 - 05/15/07 04:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

parents dont listen to their kids. they are constantly put into the role of telling the kids what is best for them, and whenever the kid tells the parent what is best for them, especially when they think its bad for the kid, they will almost NEVER listen. They seem to almost block out reason.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

OfflineNineStorms
The Dragon
Male

Loc: Existing between Heaven a...
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: TheEric]
    #6920855 - 05/15/07 04:41 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

If you think your parents will freak, then I hope it just blows over: you know your parents best. However, just searching around on the shroomery will get you some truths, here's a good one: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5667681. Got a link to a Scientific American article about how there's a very low/no link between smoking mj and lung cancer. Also check out www.erowid.org, specifically http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml and the myth & urban legends section down near the bottom. You should do research on these things anyway, it's pretty interesting. Try to stress the good things it's done for your life, and definitely look up and show how deadly alcohol and cigs are... hopefully you don't use those too much ;D.

Finally, this thread covers the same topic: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6884582/an/0/page/3. Might help you out a bit to read other people's experiences.

Good luck man.

OfflineDivinatory
Rubber Tramp
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: NineStorms]
    #6921037 - 05/15/07 05:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

just don't admit anything. all they're trying to do is scare you into coming out to them. just don't fall for their dirty tricks :smile:

my parents tried the same thing. you're parents only know as much as you tell them, unless you have a stash somewhere that they found.

OfflineAchilles
Lost and Found
Male
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: Divinatory]
    #6921084 - 05/15/07 05:30 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

dont smoke and id carry my shit on me wherever i go if i decided to keep the weed with had any...they will search ur things but not your body.if you deny it they might want to drug test you too. o gpt caught 3 times...shes finalyl realziing i dont care and i aint gonna stop.

OfflineFruitboot
Stranger
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: Achilles]
    #6921421 - 05/15/07 06:54 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I told my rents I smoked when I was 15 (they are really laid back parents) and they were bummed of course like pretty much every parent would be, but it wasn't bad.
You guys must have some horrible parents with teh stuff you're saying like parents never believe their kids and whatnot?

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: Fruitboot]
    #6921479 - 05/15/07 07:10 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

When I was a kid, my mother treated marijuana like it was almost sinful because she knew I smoked, and she was not religious. My dad on the other hand smoked it everyday and did it secretly.

All you can really say without pissing off your somewhat ignorant folks is to say that it is not as hard on the mind as alcohol, and it is certainly the healthiest "drug" you could be consuming aside from psychedelics which im sure you dont want to bring up.

I mean, if they really know you smoke pot and you cant avoid that fact
then dont act like you are smarter than them when it comes to this subject. Just tell them that its not very harmful in the above ways and atleast you "dont drink" unless a pot-hater family member is a drinker.

If they still seem really upset, it might suck, but you should probably say you will never do it again and hide it from them if you choose to keep using it.
Thats what most kids do. Most of them get away with it too.
Kids make for good liers because they dont feel like they are betraying themselves.

You could tell the truth though and see where that gets you.
I guess if your parents have smoked pot before, you can bend the rules a bit more.

It should be a hell of a conversation no matter what your approach is.
If you want to resort to your knowledge of the plant, then just remember that alcohol is a drug too, and it is by far, a harder drug.
Some parents cant take such balls though, and you could find yourself in even deeper shit.

Deal with it however you can.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (05/15/07 07:13 PM)

OfflineZunox1
Habitual Line Stepper
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: Fruitboot]
    #6921547 - 05/15/07 07:29 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I don't think that trying to tell them that MJ isn't bad is that great of an idea. My parents didn't like the idea that i was smoking anything, and also the fact that it was an illegal substance. your best argument (if its my parents) is that "at least I'm not doing heroine!" but yeah, if you want to try to convince them its bad: go to www.erowid.org (as posted above). also, try to tell them you aren't using it too often, like 1-2 times a week.

--------------------
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offlinejohnnyxtreme
Weed Mason

Loc: Mill Valley
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: Zunox1]
    #6921688 - 05/15/07 08:09 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The problem I had with my parents was that when I told them about all of the reasearch and stated the facts, they thought that I had become obsesed with it. I would just lay low for a while.

--------------------
"Dude, what do you want to do?"

"I dunno dude, I kinda just want to exist."

OfflineFruitboot
Stranger
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: johnnyxtreme]
    #6921719 - 05/15/07 08:14 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

And if you do choose to tell them, remain calm. I swear to god kids would get in way less shit if they didn't flip out everytime their parents disagreed with them.

Invisibleroby000
me
Trans-male

#6921731 - 05/15/07 08:17 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

how old are you?

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: roby000]
    #6921778 - 05/15/07 08:26 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I had the same situation when I was younger. When your parents have any suspicion of you smoking cannabis, DON'T do it for a while. Simple as that and you won't get caught. Start clearing our your system now, and in a week, you can say "I don't do drugs, you can even give me a test, I wouldn't mind because I have nothing to hide."

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

OfflineMustardMan
Peace Frog
Male User Gallery

Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: aDoS]
    #6921856 - 05/15/07 08:45 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Theres no way you can convince your parents that weed is unharmful, and trying to do so will only piss them off more, and convince them that you have a 'problem'-trust me on this one.

My parents never accepted my smoking habits, all four years of highschool they would continuously search my shit, find my stashes and throw it all away, which infuriated me, because it simply burned a whole in my pocket and actually made me start dealing, which is retarded. On the other hand, I have friends (lucky them) whose parents were totally clueless as to their kids being stoners, even when they smoked everyday. They never found their shit, or called them out. I used to get so fucking mad with jealousy, but whatever.. Many of those friends are no burnouts, dropouts, and serious drug users.

My advice to you, is to just smoke with your friends, at peoples' houses that you knoware chill.

--------------------
Wild Psilocybe Ovoideocystidiata

Cultivated Cubensis

OfflineDivinatory
Rubber Tramp
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: MustardMan]
    #6922142 - 05/15/07 09:57 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I smoke out with my bestfriends parents all the time. they give us "weekend weed" every weekend.

however my parents have no idea, and it would be impossible to convince them its okay and not a problem. just don't give in and keep denying everything. from the way you describe your parents things would probably get a lot worse if you admitted to it.

OfflinedeXtrous
complete tool
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: roby000]
    #6922487 - 05/15/07 11:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Can't you read his profile?

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
    #6922860 - 05/16/07 12:42 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.iahushua.com/Hemp.html VERY great site on why marijuana was criminalized and such.

as for marijuana facts:

marijuana has and cannot be directly linked to lung cancer. marijuana actually produces new brain cells in the emotionary part of your brain, yes it does "turn off" brain cells during a high and the turn off can last for several days, but after weeks without intoxication the cells return to normal. as medication, it is stronger than codeine but safer than aspirin. it can be used to cure minor to severe pain, depression, sleeping disorders, eating disorders, migraines, etc. for more truthful information visit http://www.420magazine.com/ and look at the left side at the bottom, the news archive, there ae many reports with reliable sources to where the studies and reports come from. you may also find useful information at www.norml.org

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Edited by highdroponics (05/16/07 12:58 AM)

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Parents and Marijuana [Re: MustardMan]
    #6922885 - 05/16/07 12:46 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MustardMan said:
Theres no way you can convince your parents that weed is unharmful, and trying to do so will only piss them off more, and convince them that you have a 'problem'-trust me on this one.

My parents never accepted my smoking habits, all four years of highschool they would continuously search my shit, find my stashes and throw it all away, which infuriated me, because it simply burned a whole in my pocket and actually made me start dealing, which is retarded. On the other hand, I have friends (lucky them) whose parents were totally clueless as to their kids being stoners, even when they smoked everyday. They never found their shit, or called them out. I used to get so fucking mad with jealousy, but whatever.. Many of those friends are no burnouts, dropouts, and serious drug users.

My advice to you, is to just smoke with your friends, at peoples' houses that you knoware chill.

not so sure about that man, ive changed my whole family's views on all drugs. the simple way to get them is by picking at something they like, and then ask them what they would do if that thing were illegal.

there are many ways to convince, just never give up, convince them that you freely and openly break the law, because it is an unjust law.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom