Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineboneynerd
Mushway! EatFresh!
Male User Gallery

Loc: milkyway.usa
Entering Fruiting Stage. Picking up supplies, please verify!
    #6918977 - 05/15/07 08:24 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Okay I am entering into my fruiting stage, i got a dozen pf jars and I am planning on doing a 24hour dunk and then putting them into a casing layered with 50/50 peat&verm+lime.

I am headed to Lowe's & Department store and here is my list of stuff:

peroxide$2
elite 801 air pump(or better i guess)$5
spring water$3
perlite$6
styrofoam/plastic tub w/ see thru top$7
tyvek$4
peat moss $5
vermiculite $5
lime $4

estimated costs etc.

am i missing anything?
thx

--------------------
"Your mama's grow was so contaminated, the shroomery got trich." :headbanger:
-SpitballJediS

"your a female, no one woulda cared you were naked,hell probably made someone's day, but I pull my balls out on a bus and im the bad guy.."
-Bishlap

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Entering Fruiting Stage. Picking up supplies, please verify! [Re: boneynerd]
    #6919019 - 05/15/07 08:44 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I fail to see the purpose in the fruiting stage for the air pump, spring water(unless your local water supply is contaminated), and tyvek. Peroxide is good to have on hand if Dactylium is noticed. I'd add gypsum to the list if you're casing.

Personally, I'd recommend a dunk and roll for pf cakes, not crumbling and casing.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineboneynerd
Mushway! EatFresh!
Male User Gallery

Re: Entering Fruiting Stage. Picking up supplies, please verify! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6919210 - 05/15/07 10:01 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

ok ill just do the dunk and roll, and see how it goes. ide prefer something more reliable since its my first attempt and im really wanting to see some food of the gods.

--------------------
-SpitballJediS

"your a female, no one woulda cared you were naked,hell probably made someone's day, but I pull my balls out on a bus and im the bad guy.."
-Bishlap

Offlineboneynerd
Mushway! EatFresh!
Male User Gallery

Re: Entering Fruiting Stage. Picking up supplies, please verify! [Re: boneynerd]
    #6919233 - 05/15/07 10:09 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Also, the Frequent air change, i am worried if i setup a styrophoam cooler w/ polyfill and perlite.. without a small airpump of somekind arent i asking for some contams? stale air i thought might cause cobweb n stuff.

--------------------
-SpitballJediS

-Bishlap

Offlineexagram
Phear the shroom
 User Gallery

Re: Entering Fruiting Stage. Picking up supplies, please verify! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6919250 - 05/15/07 10:18 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
I fail to see the purpose in the fruiting stage for the air pump, spring water(unless your local water supply is contaminated), and tyvek. Peroxide is good to have on hand if Dactylium is noticed. I'd add gypsum to the list if you're casing.

Personally, I'd recommend a dunk and roll for pf cakes, not crumbling and casing.
RR

Listen to this guy.

If I may:

1. Dactylium is cobweb mould.
2. The gypsum acts as a buffer, protecting against both acidity and alkalinity, whereas lime simply alkalises. Far better to have lime than nothing, though.

And casing adds another level of complication and a higher risk of contamination to fruiting. Personally, I'd stick with dunk and roll, but perhaps my previous bad experiences were carelessness on my part. Best of luck.

--------------------
Raoul Duke: What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole lifestyle that he helped create - a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old-mystic fallacy of the acid culture: the desperate assumption that somebody, or at least some force, is tending the light at the end of the tunnel.

Offlineboneynerd
Mushway! EatFresh!
Male User Gallery

Re: Entering Fruiting Stage. Picking up supplies, please verify! [Re: exagram]
    #6919301 - 05/15/07 10:38 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i am still stick with the question i just asked, stale air = contams. your talkn about using gypsum (as in casing), and i can always use peroxide to battle away cobweb.

anyways, with regular dunk&roll pftek and fruiting in a styrofoam FC and having holes w/ polyfill.. am i too worried about contams?

or should i add the air pump.. i think im overly paranoid. any1 had success with just the basic setup and no contams as im about to try i guess.

--------------------
-SpitballJediS

-Bishlap

Offlinepuantik
Stranger

#6919501 - 05/15/07 11:43 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

hey rogerrabbit....

can you explain why wouldnt you crumble and case a brf jar?

my friend has a 95% colonized brf jar that he thinks is stalling almost 30 days now... so he thinks to birth it, remove the uncolonized part and crumble&case with 50/50 casing mix..shouldnt I do this?
Please advise..
Peace...guys

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
Re: Entering Fruiting Stage. Picking up supplies, please verify! [Re: puantik]
    #6919704 - 05/15/07 12:26 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Offlinepuantik
Stranger

Re: Entering Fruiting Stage. Picking up supplies, please verify! [Re: blood4blood]
    #6920102 - 05/15/07 01:55 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

so what your saying is thAT casing is only good for rye seed subtrates??

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale