Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Can i case pinning cakes?
    #69129 - 12/19/99 10:50 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

You really don't have many choices here. If you have some in-vitro primordia mushrooms on your cakes, (I'm guessing they're still in the jars...) pick them off and throw them out. Do what you need to do in order to get a good casing system up (i.e. a layer of verm/soil on the bottom, then crumble or slice your mycelium over the verm/soil layer, then put a good layer of moist soil on top), by the time you get back, you should have a VERY thick layer of mycelium on top of the soil, ready to pin. Check out all the details on the Shroom Wizard's guide. Hopefully, the layer of mycelium wont be too dry when you get back. :smile:

------------------
My mind is corrosive...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#69131 - 12/20/99 12:42 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

sure, just pick and dry the pins, might as well not waste them... then case it. you might consider putting it in a lower temp to slow the colonization and chance of contams, maybe in the 50s' range, but I'm unsure about if that will be ready in 2 weeks, if that's ok, go for it, if you want instant shrooms when you get back just go for regular temps in the 65F range

Anonymous

#69132 - 12/21/99 07:17 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

maybe you can have someone check on them for you

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag