Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
DMT and the near-death experience
    #6910402 - 05/13/07 04:22 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I've heard and read a fair bit about DMT, and I've been thinking about embarking on an extraction for a long time. I don't have any experience with such things but I understand it's possible to perform a DMT extraction with little knowledge of chemistry by closely following directions. Naturally I want to try it.

A friend of mine, though, said that smoking DMT will cause the release of the endogenous DMT already existing in the brain, effectively depriving yourself of the near-death experience in the future. I haven't seen anything like this in my reading (it appears that DMT's actual function in the brain is largely unknown to us at the moment) and it sounds like reactionary nonsense to me, but has anybody heard anything that would lend credence to this?

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejoef5
Tongue tied andtwisted Just anearth boundmisfit
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East
Re: DMT and the near-death experience [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #6910530 - 05/13/07 05:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I've heard that about several different drugs over the years most recently E. If I hadn't herd it so many times about so any different things I might be curious if it was true or not. It is interesting that dmt is naturally in your brain, but I doubt smoking it will use it up. I think dmt levels in the brain increase at night while dreaming and I always have very vivid dreams after using dmt so I doubt smoking it affects natural dmt levels in the brain.

If dmt is illegal, but we all are in possession of it how long till we're all in jail :smile:

joe

Free sVs!
Female

Re: DMT and the near-death experience [Re: joef5]
    #6910543 - 05/13/07 05:13 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I heard that about E too, as if releasing that much serotonin will eventually deplete it. That's a misconception in the first place, as E only prevents reuptake of serotonin, rather than inducing some kind of release. Isn't the brain always synthesizing new supplies of serotonin and DMT for itself anyway? I know at least serotonin can't truly "run out."

It's a pretty good demonstration of the absurdity of the "war on drugs" that an illicit chemical is a naturally occurring neurotransmitter present in all of us.

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #6910570 - 05/13/07 05:26 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
It's a pretty good demonstration of the absurdity of the "war on drugs" that an illicit chemical is a naturally occurring neurotransmitter present in all of us.

an argument which might stand in a court of law. :strokebeard:

--------------------

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Re: DMT and the near-death experience [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6910805 - 05/13/07 06:47 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AlteredAgain said:
Quote:

Tchan909 said:

an argument which might stand in a court of law. :strokebeard:

Having been through the justice system on DMT related charges lately, I can tell you that this bit of information means absolutely nothing to them.

To the OP, whoever told you that is full of shit. DMT myths are starting to get to be too much. I really hope it doesn't succumb to the same fate as did LSD in this regard.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Free sVs!
Female

Re: DMT and the near-death experience [Re: Grok]
    #6910823 - 05/13/07 06:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Well if what I've read is true, DMT has a relatively simple extraction method. So anyone truly interested in obtaining it will be able to, unlike acid (of which I faced a dry spell for a year and a half, it's tragic). But what really suffers for this is scientific research.

So you had to deal with the justice system regarding DMT? How'd it go? If you don't mind me asking.

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
    #6910866 - 05/13/07 07:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

It could have gone worse, but it still sucks a lot. I was originally charged with manufacturing, which luckily got dropped down to possession (and rightfully so). The cops had seized some brewed-up MHRB and Caapi which I'd used to make Ayahuasca and that was the basis of the manf. charge.

Landed with a felony possession charge. Since it's *technically* my first offense, I got a conditional discharge - 18mo probation, 24hrs community service, drug evaluation, fines, all that bullshit. If I'm 'good' it all gets dropped off my record. Beats jail and a felony conviction I guess.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Free sVs!
Female

Re: DMT and the near-death experience [Re: Grok]
    #6910877 - 05/13/07 07:12 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Wow. Sounds like I'd better be careful with it. I don't get why using entheogens should result in such harsh punishment. It's a very rigidly judeo-christian perspective and doesn't seem like something a secular government should be involved in.

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6910890 - 05/13/07 07:16 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

A friend of mine, though, said that smoking DMT will cause the release of the endogenous DMT already existing in the brain, effectively depriving yourself of the near-death experience in the future.

Your friend is mistaken.......

DMT may very well cause an NDE experience; this is still being debated, and I doubt any proof, one way or the other, will be found any time soon.

However, the effects of smoking DMT are caused by smoking DMT. It does nothing to the endogenous DMT...the journey is a result of DMT that you yourself introduced into your body.

Besides, as far as endogenous DMT goes....your body produced it, it can produce it again; our bodies are constantly producing, using, and producing more chemicals. It's a constant cycle.

But yeah, no worries brother.....definitely go for it; DMT is beyond amazing.

--------------------

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

Re: DMT and the near-death experience [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6910976 - 05/13/07 07:34 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I thought that it was just speculation that DMT is naturally occurring in the brain... has it been proven? (Maybe I was just thinking of the theory that it's released before you die... wait, is that proven too?)

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

Free sVs!
Female

Re: DMT and the near-death experience [Re: Siekoaktiv]
    #6911005 - 05/13/07 07:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

It's proven that it exists in the brain, but nobody's really sure of its purpose. Some say it's involved in dreaming, while others believe that the near-death experience is simply a last-minute, naturally-occurring DMT trip. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little of both.

But honestly, what I was told, about smoking DMT depleting the brain's supply, doesn't really make any damn sense anyway. I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

#6911236 - 05/13/07 08:14 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

A friend of mine, though, said that smoking DMT will cause the release of the endogenous DMT already existing in the brain, effectively depriving yourself of the near-death experience in the future.

Sounds to me like your friend is a bit retarded!

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

#6911293 - 05/13/07 08:21 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I get it now... I'm not a spiritual person at all (yet), and I only believe things that science has proven, or seem plausible. The fact that DMT is produced by you brain, in my opinion, is an "afterlife" based on science. In the last moments of your life, you get a massive DMT blast, and you literally see your life flash before your eyes... you then, while on the largest DMT trip imaginable, experience extreme time distortion, and live what seems like an eternity inside your head. For a few minutes, you understand everything. Even though your brain stops a little while after your body does, in the time you are alive, your brain is pushed to its limits, and "forever" takes place in your head. Thus, you are oblivious to the fact that you're dead... man, I just made that up as I was typing it... it made sence at the time... :cuckoo:

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

Free sVs!
Female

Re: DMT and the near-death experience [Re: Siekoaktiv]
    #6911322 - 05/13/07 08:26 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting you should say that, because I've considered that possibility too. It certainly seems plausible considering the nature of near-death experiences and the time-dilation involved. After all, time is entirely subjective. It leads to questions as to whether the consciousness is exclusively in the domain of the physical brain, as people whose brains were near- or even completely-inactive report detailed and complex visions, revelations, and self-awareness.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder