Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineOracle Of Delphi
I, Phantom
Female

Loc: State of Disrepair
Goats Milk
    #6909006 - 05/13/07 08:19 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

So i cant drink regular milk, and i think im quickly becoming allergic to soy milk. I saw a can of goats milk and purchased it. It smellled like goat meat! it tasted like goat meat!!
Is this normal? anyone here drink goats milk ?
needless to say i tosed it out.
OoD

--------------------

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Re: Goats Milk [Re: Oracle Of Delphi]
    #6909016 - 05/13/07 08:23 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

If you can't drink regular milk because you are lactose intolerant, how can you become alergic to soy milk if it contains no lactose?

Unless you are one of those unlucky people who seem to be alergic to everything but cardboard.

Have you tried kefir?

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

OfflineOracle Of Delphi
I, Phantom
Female

Loc: State of Disrepair
Re: Goats Milk [Re: Nibin]
    #6909028 - 05/13/07 08:27 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

im not lactose intolerant. i am allergic to milk solids. totally different.

--------------------

http://dictionary.reference.com/

OfflineFollowTheMusic
Stranger
    #6909684 - 05/13/07 12:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Are cans of milk normal where you are?!? Nothing I like better on a hot summer's day than sitting on my porch and popping open a cool refreshing can of milk! :grin:

Goat's milk has a pretty goat-y taste to it. Like goat cheese. Try again?

Most milk today is highly processed: pasteurized, homogenized, "fortified", etc. Also, the high-protein (soy) feed creates an unnatural milk protein balance. Many of these things are known or suspected allergens. The closer you can get to organic, grass-fed, unprocessed milk, the better off you'll be.

Now, these statements are always a great way to start the pro/anti-raw milk debate. But there is an extremely easy way to sidestep that: try different qualities of milk, including raw milk if you can get it, and see if you tolerate it better! This allows you to neatly ignore the opinions of strangers on the Internet.

:peace::heart:

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#6910447 - 05/13/07 04:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

A can of goat's milk? That sounds sketchy. Was it reconstituted or something? Try getting some in a carton or bottle. It's not cheap, but i started drinking it a year or two ago and I love it. To me it tastes a little like vanilla ce cream. Also, goat's milk has a different type of lactose than cow milk, and lots of people find it easier to digest, i'm one of those people. If you think about it historically, the human digestive tract has been processing goat's milk for thousands of years, whereas cow's milk is a relatively new part of our diet, massive cow livestock cultivation is a recent development.

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#6910500 - 05/13/07 04:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know what goat meat tastes like, but I've been getting raw goat milk and it tastes BAD. Some jars are worse than others but in general it has a taste akin to bad breath. I don't know if the goats teets are covered in shit or something but that's what it tastes like. The thing is my other housemates who drink it don't notice the same taste that I do, or if they do they just don't care. One even likes it more than the cow milk. Raw cow milk from the same source doesn't have that taste. Suffice to say i'm getting my money back and won't be getting raw milk anymore. Going to try going off dairy altogether.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag