Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewikedferret
free man
Male User Gallery

Loc: wiked wonderland
more mushroom finds!
    #6905747 - 05/12/07 12:19 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

ok well i think i made a wierd find. i found something that looks like a liberty cap, small grey cap, really thin stem, grey spores.

then i found more possible subs growing in a compost pile.

i found an amamita, an unknown type, and anotherr mushroom that apears to be an amamita but im not to sure. i will have pictures once my daily limit is reset i cant upload any more. sorry for the anxiousness, should have waited to post but i am anxious.

--------------------
lol i just lied to whoever was reading that.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA/Ventura County
Re: more mushroom finds! [Re: wikedferret]
    #6905774 - 05/12/07 12:33 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

when you do post the pictures give a good ID description with it too please. i would very much like to see what you found. since the last ID couldn't be completed.

Offlinewikedferret
free man
Male User Gallery

Re: more mushroom finds! [Re: Subbedhunter420]
    #6905812 - 05/12/07 12:48 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i will i promise im waiting on the prints and pics. i cant wait and i am about 99% sure i found subbs. i just need to be 100% sure, so im waiting on more reasureance.

--------------------

Offlinewikedferret
free man
Male User Gallery

#6906417 - 05/12/07 04:01 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

ok here are more of the pan subb possables [image][/image]
[image][/image]
[image][/image]

lib cap?, grey , grey spores, long thin stem, no viel, nipple, smaller than my pinky

this is an agric, with a bulb, with white spores, white gills, smells like a botton mushroom very delightful smell, vas viel, rust red marks on top.

--------------------

Offlinewikedferret
free man
Male User Gallery

#6906429 - 05/12/07 04:04 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

4th one has no spores, short meaty stem, no viel, shiny cap, white gills, and 5th one has white print, very dark stem(dark to light at the top, very gold cap, obvious nipple, flat with age, never bell or convex shaped.

--------------------

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
    #6906459 - 05/12/07 04:17 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Several different species there. The first ones don't look like subbs, and if that's what your find in the other thread was, then that settles that find as well. They look more like Psathyrellas. 4th and 5th picture look like Agrocybes. As far as thinking that one is a liberty cap, you need to do some reading. Do you know what time of year, what habitat, and what part of the country liberty caps grow in? You're 0 for 3 on that one.

For your last one, I have no idea what you mean by 'agric.' I don't think you do either, sorry to be harsh.

Offlinewikedferret
free man
Male User Gallery

Re: more mushroom finds! [Re: xmush]
    #6906494 - 05/12/07 04:30 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

lol i ment amanita sorry about that, and i found them (the subb possables) in diff spots, they look aloot alike tho, and the lib caps grow in sept, in washington so idk what i was thinking just a hopeful, stupid thought. lol would be cool tho to find them in ks. but i would like to know what they are. and is the 4th one a blewit? it was on wood chips, and wtf is the 5th one its wierd like a little sombraro.

--------------------

Offlinewikedferret
free man
Male User Gallery

#6906571 - 05/12/07 04:51 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

5th one down im sure is Melanoleuca melaleuca. i am 99% sure, not enough to eat, it but enough to post it.

--------------------

Offlinewikedferret
free man
Male User Gallery

#6906611 - 05/12/07 05:01 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

ok i cant scan them my scanner is messed up, will try to fix and take more p0ics if it doesnt work.

--------------------

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #6908561 - 05/13/07 03:21 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

No subbs and no semis. Sorry.

What kinda of camera are you using?? The fact that sort of your photos are more focused than others suggests that the camera is able to take clear images but you have not learned how to use it...

--------------------

Offlinewikedferret
free man
Male User Gallery

Re: more mushroom finds! [Re: CureCat]
    #6910853 - 05/13/07 07:04 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

umm a vivitar vivicam 6150s. thats my camera.

--------------------

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #6911270 - 05/13/07 08:18 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Your camera is as good as mine, so you should be able to take photos in focus. You need to hold the button down part way (don't click the button or it will take a picture) and hold it to focus, and then it may beep when it has finished focusing, then push the button down all the way. Do not release the button in between focusing and snapping the shot.

--------------------

OfflinePurple_spore
Compulsively Skeptical OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: nor cal
Re: more mushroom finds! [Re: CureCat]
    #6911948 - 05/13/07 10:56 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

If you really want to find panaeolus subbalteatus yo need to start looking in hay/dung heaps, skip the forest floor. I'm like the variety of mushrooms you find their though, it's always fun to spend the day trying to identify randomly found species. I will site mushroom johns web page once again as it is the most definitive psychoactive mushroom web page online. It's the true magic mushrooms demystified.
http://www.mushroomjohn.com/
http://www.mushroomjohn.com/panaeolussubbalteatus1.htm

I just wish John W. Allen still ran that site but it is all his work and effort and it shows in the meticulousness of the identification key. Believe it or not all mushroom identification's are comprised of personal experiences and rely on a great degree of trust in the more experienced hunter. Micro examination is a very important part in identification and a lot of us amature hunters never get far enough to learn to identify spores under a microscope. I will get that far one day. And i hope all with the love and enough capacity for knowledge will one day get to do the same. Why the hell am i rambling on and on? I think it was another post i read sorry people. but yea hay and horse stable. pretty mushrooms.

--------------------
Safety first children :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate