Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Sharing Silence
    #6893697 - 05/09/07 12:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

We all share the same words when we speak with one another, but do we all share the silence?

This is often referred to as "awkward". The term invented carries inertia, propelled through the ocean as a dogmatic steamship, dissected so that we can view it scientifically while keeping a safe distance.

This awkward silence comes from a mind that is not now.

When two people are both in communication the silences cease to be noted thusly dissected as "silent" or "awkward" because there is no ego inertia. There is just this.

This is what there is right now.

Hurry implies that one or both parties are not in the same room. They are speaking, but they are not in the same reality. They are discussing, but from beneath many veils.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Sharing Silence [Re: leery11]
    #6893747 - 05/09/07 01:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

This awkward silence comes from a mind that is not now.

This "awkward" notion, feeling id only in our heads. Silence can occur after a long conversation where both/multiple sides stay and draw further conclusions, it can re the result of inhibition, shock... one can perceive the silence bing awkward only when one finds one's self in confusion regarding the cause of the silence :lol:

Silence can also imply so much more communication then talking if we know how to look at it or find the real meaning of it... am I on the subject you're reffering to?  :blazed:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
    #6893752 - 05/09/07 01:12 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

What is near is sometimes farthest.
What is far is sometimes nearest.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Sharing Silence [Re: Lakefingers]
    #6901985 - 05/11/07 12:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

It is perhaps the only way to have a true relationship.

Silence is the great liberator. If two people share for instance a yoga practice, they share what is true, something that could not be shared with words.

If they engage in very deep speech armed at instilling the state of mind, also, indeed much unity will be bridged.

Silence is recognition of the other as they are naked, in so far as the two are capable of spending the silence aware of one another (themselves) and not displaced.

From there honest communication can be launched because the silence allows the disarming of fundamental differences.

Perhaps sitting in a room on the floor late at night in one another's presence, talking, being silent, being quiet, with no barriers, no books or shows or games, simply, that which is, is also special.

If not wielded skilfully the words are just an exchange of prefabricated puzzle pieces, and the great illusion of reality is that the pieces don't "exist"

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
    #6903013 - 05/11/07 05:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I am interested by people who interpret silence between themselves and others as an indication that something is wrong between them. I suppose it could be related to the aforementioned ego inertia- One person is at peace, while the other is not. It's as if the one person requires constant verbalization in order to appease their ego.

I've found myself in situations in which I simply have nothing to say, just being in the moment. I am amused, and sometimes irritated, when people press the question "What's wrong?" Nothing I can say seems to appease their ego. Stating the truth, that nothing is wrong, I'm just in the moment engaged in whatever (work for instance) seems only to heighten the other person's discomfort, leading to additional, increasingly unsettled, attempts to interact verbally.

--------------------
\m/

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order