Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemoeburn
Blastimus Smashimus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Pot makes me cold, numb, and tingly.
    #6892627 - 05/09/07 07:54 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The past few nights that I got high, I got pretty damn cold. It was 21*C, I was wrapped in several blankets, and I was shivering my ass off. This has happened many times. It is like weed is giving me hypothermia.

Last night was even weirder. I was starting to go to sleep on my bed, and I noticed that it felt like there were crumbs everywhere on my bed. "Thats odd", I thought, "I didn't eat any munchies". So I tried sweeping away the crumbs. I kept sweeping and sweeping but they wouldn't go away. I turned the light on, and there were no crumbs. I was going all pins-and-needly. I wasn't just resting on a nerve, because this was all over my body. It was incredibly annoying to feel like you are covered in bread crumbs, when in fact you are not. I'm pretty sure if I was sober, it would just feel like the pins-and-needles that you get when you go numb.

Now that shouldn't be happening. What on earth would make me freezing cold when I get high, so cold that my limbs were turning numb? I don't do any other drugs.

--------------------
Everything I have posted on the shroomery.org forums is completely fictional and created out of my own mind.  Any similarity to any current or past event is purely coincidental.

...and of this humongous fungus among us, more of its core's spores are creeping out of the drawer, pouring over the floor, and soaring through the door. Do not ignore this lore, for the spores are their precious ore. - moeburn

"Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, while conscious of their fleeting time here." - Maynard Keenan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEll Ess Bree
reppin state tostate, wat uneed?

Re: Pot makes me cold, numb, and tingly. [Re: moeburn]
    #6892936 - 05/09/07 09:31 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Was it the same pot each time?

How'd you smoke it?

How much did you smoke?

How much and how often do you smoke normally?

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Re: Pot makes me cold, numb, and tingly. [Re: Ell Ess Bree]
    #6892951 - 05/09/07 09:34 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

My hands have felt numb a few times on pot,I hate it :mad2:

especially when i'm driving i would feel it pretty bad.

--------------------

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
    #6893003 - 05/09/07 09:47 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I've had some cold sensations before too. It's hard to say what's really going on, but if the problem persists, I'd say just take a week or so off from weed and/or switch strains and see if that helps.

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Re: Pot makes me cold, numb, and tingly. [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6893019 - 05/09/07 09:51 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I never knew people experienced cold sensations on pot.

Only substance i've got that from was shrooms after eating about 3-3.5grams.

--------------------

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
Re: Pot makes me cold, numb, and tingly. [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #6893544 - 05/09/07 12:04 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I get them, but usually that's cause it's cold out :laugh:

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

InvisibleFixer
Unconventional
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast, USA
    #6893682 - 05/09/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

If you're a regular smoker and you never experienced this maybe your weed is laced with something.

Offlinemoeburn
Blastimus Smashimus
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot makes me cold, numb, and tingly. [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #6893930 - 05/09/07 02:19 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Liquid_Dimension said:
Only substance i've got that from was shrooms after eating about 3-3.5grams.

I've gotten cold from shrooms, and that was just the "ooh I'm cold but if i wrap myself in a blanket its all warm and cuddly inside."

When I get cold from weed, which is often, regardless of the weed (its not laced), I can't warm myself up via blankets, only via shower. I usually just sit there and wait it out.

I'm wondering if it is some sort of vasoconstriction?

--------------------
Everything I have posted on the shroomery.org forums is completely fictional and created out of my own mind.  Any similarity to any current or past event is purely coincidental.

...and of this humongous fungus among us, more of its core's spores are creeping out of the drawer, pouring over the floor, and soaring through the door. Do not ignore this lore, for the spores are their precious ore. - moeburn

"Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, while conscious of their fleeting time here." - Maynard Keenan

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #6894005 - 05/09/07 02:40 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I've had the same problem, one of the many reasons I quit smoking. I would end up wearing two sweatshirts trying to get warm. You could try taking a cold shower in the morning. Try taking as cold of a shower as you can for 10-15 mins. I've been doing this lately for about a week, and I can now tolerate the water being turned to 100% cold. End result, I'm warm for the rest of the day and energized. I doubt I'll ever take a hot shower again. You could also try yoga or something to increase circulation, or just trying to improve your posture in general.

OfflineTomo
Mary-Jane lover
Male

Loc: Cambs, UK
    #6894012 - 05/09/07 02:42 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I normally get a bit cold when i smoke weed but not as cold as you do. Also i always get pins and needles all down my spine and legs when i get stoned, proberbly about 90% of the time anyway.

--------------------
.::TOMO:..

Edited by Tomo (05/09/07 02:43 PM)

InvisibleZepplin
journeyman
 User Gallery

#6894089 - 05/09/07 03:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Cannabis may not be your spirit guide. It has always left me numb too. Maybe time to move on.

Offlinetoastandjam
Tastes Grate, Lesh Philling
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6904835 - 05/12/07 01:46 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

This used to happen to me a lot more than it does now. This may be a stupid question, but have you eaten anything? How about the next time you're feeling cold, eat something hot. You'll warm up and have fuel to burn. For me, that did it, even if I didn't feel hungry.

Showers are good too. Anything that donates heat. If you wrap a stone in a blanket, it doesn't get any warmer.

--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Pot makes me cold, numb, and tingly. [Re: toastandjam]
    #6905839 - 05/12/07 12:55 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

toastandjam said:
Showers are good too. Anything that donates heat. If you wrap a stone in a blanket, it doesn't get any warmer.

Lol, I really like that analogy.

I have been cold when high before. The shivers are the worst. I blame myself for having poor circulation, and combined with marijuana, perhaps I am just more aware of it. Or perhaps it reduces circulation more, I don't really know.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Offlinemoeburn
Blastimus Smashimus
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot makes me cold, numb, and tingly. [Re: toastandjam]
    #6906747 - 05/12/07 06:08 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

toastandjam said:
Anything that donates heat. If you wrap a stone in a blanket, it doesn't get any warmer.

Well, theoretically I should be radiating heat constantly, and by wrapping myself in a blanket, i lose less heat. Sometimes that doesn't work.

I found that, while shivering, if I just force myself to stop shivering and stop worrying about being cold, I actually do stop, and I actually do warm up.

Fear makes you cold.

--------------------

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis Flag
    #6906759 - 05/12/07 06:19 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

moeburn said:
Quote:

toastandjam said:
Anything that donates heat. If you wrap a stone in a blanket, it doesn't get any warmer.

Well, theoretically I should be radiating heat constantly, and by wrapping myself in a blanket, i lose less heat. Sometimes that doesn't work.

I found that, while shivering, if I just force myself to stop shivering and stop worrying about being cold, I actually do stop, and I actually do warm up.

Fear makes you cold.

I find that I can control my body with my mind a lot more so when im high. Last night I was just sitting on a couch with my feet up, and started telling myself that my knees felt really good, and it felt amazing. That's kinda weird, but it was cool.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag