Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
My new Salvia and peyote (updated with pics 5/28/07)
    #6880950 - 05/06/07 03:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i got a couple of questions...

first thing, my Salvia is growing slowly under a plastic bag with a hole on the top (which i mist about two/three times a day, occationally i'd also mist the Salvia directly) i don't have any space to put it under artificial lighting (which would have been nice) so i make sure to keep my porch door open, it still doesn't get any direct light but i'm pretty sure there's enough light. the new leaves are all facing that direction too...

should i try to give it some direct sun or is that a no no for salvia?

also i know it's better if the humidety stays constant but it's out of my control really, is there any way i can make it more comfertable for her?

and my 8 year old peyote i won on the FSRE contest (thanks to Eric and Ingrid :tongue:) has been planted in some moist soil, now i've never seen one of these befor and it's unlike any other cacti i've encountered. it's a little mushy on the base and also on the body (as if it hasn't been watered for a LONG time) should i expect it to firm up when it has settled in and sucked up some water? also it looks like it might be sick or sun burned or whatever (it's got those patches of diffrent color all over)
but i'll post some photos within a few days so you guys know exactly what i'm talking about...

oh and i put it in my porch where it only gets a few hours of direct sun for now to acclimate it, is that ok or should i give it as much sun as i can?
(i got a few more questions about my peyote but i'll add them when i put up the pictures)

thanks in advance for your help!
:sun:

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Edited by Simisu (05/28/07 08:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: My new Salvia and peyote [Re: Simisu]
    #6880995 - 05/06/07 03:44 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I would build something a bit more stable for the salvia.
They generally strongly dislike any contact with the humidity-tent so make sure that doesn't happen. I keep mine in a big opaque plastic box and they seem to love it they get aerated once daily and have ten small holes for gas exchange..
I don't think a bit sunlight would do her harm but I don't think shell benefit from it either.

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: My new Salvia and peyote [Re: Nalim]
    #6881053 - 05/06/07 03:58 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

ok,so misting it directly is something to avoide as well?
(i got some plastic thingies keeping the bag from tuching the salvia but it usualy gets wet a little when i put the bag back after i misted it)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:

OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

#6881085 - 05/06/07 04:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

If misting causes contact to the bag I'd say yeah skip that.
I never mist but thats just because I'm lazy, if you find a better container for your plant you can continue to mist. The problem is when the leaves get stuck to the walls of whatever you use as humidity tent/chamber, they get a bit gray at first and then black or just falls of.

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: My new Salvia and peyote [Re: Nalim]
    #6881128 - 05/06/07 04:30 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

yeah ok, i never let it sit like that. it doesn't stay in contact only gets wet sometimes when i replace the bag and then i make sure it's not tuching it.

--------------------

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
    #6883024 - 05/07/07 01:23 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

dont water your peyote too much at first, even if its a bit squishy... that could easily be stress from transportation rather then lack of water.

let the little fellow settle in its new pot and water sparingly for the first few weeks.

dont be in a rush to give it too much sun at first either, partial shade is good :smile:

--------------------
View My Gallery

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: My new Salvia and peyote [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #6908963 - 05/13/07 08:00 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

well Salvia just moved into a bigger home (still with the plastic bag though) and the peyote is looking really happy (it swelled up noticibly!)

now for a few peyote questions...
i'm thinking about cutting off the button and re planting it after it has callused.
how much more should i wait befor i do this (it's starting to get hot over here, real summer is just around the corner) bear in mind this 8 year old has just moved from Holland to Israel, i'm not sure how long it'll take to acclimate it self?

and while we're at it, how am i supposed to cut the button off of the root making sure to not hurt the root so it would pup? what can i do to avoid any problames with the button?

any links you guys can share that'd help with this is also appriciated, thanks in advance!

--------------------

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#6950785 - 05/22/07 06:51 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

anyone with some advice please?

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #6950916 - 05/22/07 07:54 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

make sure you leave areoles on the roots so it can pup. i prefer to use a powder hormone. no so much to get roots faster, but to help dry it our more evenly and avoid huge sinking dried callouses. it wont cave in as much.

Oslo allow the cutting sit somewhere that is not too humid and has decent air exchange, this will speed it up. i personally don't keep them dark, but i do keep the bottom dark. i generally place them on top of a pot. this keeps top light, bottom dark and good airflow. everyone has their own procedures. sometimes i just leave them on a shelf where its warmish and dry.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: My new Salvia and peyote (updated with pics 5/28/07) [Re: Simisu]
    #6976857 - 05/28/07 08:58 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

well i've finelly taken some pics (bad ones though) with my friends cellphone camera :smirk:

but i'm hoping they're clear enough...

right now i'm REALLY worried about the salvia, ever since i moved it (about two weeks now) it hasn't growen at all and just sits there, she looks fine but is abviuslly stalled.
i'm fearing the worst but hopeing she'll pull through.

and this is my 8YO peyote:
(notice how much it swelled up since i got it, all the green parts weren't there befor :tongue:)

i know the pics suck but i couldn't get it to focus so close :sad:

i'm wondering if i haven't planted it deep enough and where i should cut when/if i decide to replant it (i really want to replant but i'm scared of fucking it up!)

and last but not least, look how much my san pedro growen in about 7-8 weeks since i planted it (but it too refuses to keep on growing in the last week, could it have out growen its pot already?)

befor:

after:

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: My new Salvia and peyote (updated with pics 5/28/07) [Re: Simisu]
    #6977013 - 05/28/07 09:34 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Baby Sallies grow slow, be patient.

FH

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: My new Salvia and peyote (updated with pics 5/28/07) [Re: felixhigh]
    #6980808 - 05/29/07 04:36 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i am patient but i know for a fact it's stalled and not just growing slowly :shrug:
i guess i wasn't clear though, when i said "moved" i ment i repotted it to a bigger pot...
so i must have fucked with the roots too much although she hasn't showen any signs of stress other then simply not growing.

with that said i think i noticed some slight change today so maybe she's on the right track...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck