Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebukujutsu
Male
Loc: Texas
Coir/bloodmeal and jelly jars
    #6864835 - 05/02/07 09:01 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hi, I remember one of the veterans posted something about bloodmeal making shrooms exceptionally potent.
I have some bloodmeal and coir and was wondering if a coir/bloodmeal or coir/bloodmeal/coffee mix would work well.
At what ratio should you mix them at?
About how much more potent do you guesstimate this makes them?

Also, could I use glass jelly jars to PC grains and substrate?
It seems like it would work, except they don't have the ring that mason jars do.
I already have mason jars, but it'd be cool if I got an extra jar everytime I finished a jar of jelly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Coir/bloodmeal and jelly jars [Re: bukujutsu]
    #6864895 - 05/02/07 09:14 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I've never noticed a correlation between bloodmeal and potency. In fact, I've quit even using it. Bloodmeal really needs to be composted for the nitrogen to become available to the fungi, so simply adding it didn't do much good. It will help a compost pile to heat up though.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineSpekOner
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: not here
Re: Coir/bloodmeal and jelly jars [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6864919 - 05/02/07 09:20 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

to answer the jelly jar question, the answer is yes... i used jelly jars for my first grow and it was successful... check out my gallery(frist grow).. for the lid i just used tin foil,,, 2 layers, 1st layer was for innoculating, and second layer was to cover the holes(but still allowing gas exchange)... i wasted too much money on jelly though, cause i didnt even use the jelly.. ha

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds