Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheMarsVolta
Stranger
LSA extraction from morning glories...(naptha)
    #6860829 - 05/01/07 10:55 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

well this will be my first timje doing morning glory seeds and i dont want any nausea and want the best results and i saw that erowid had an extraction method. So i started that by lightly cleaning seeds with dish soap and water and then grinding them up into a fine powder. I separated with doses equally with a teaspoon(each dose with about 250-280 seeds) and then have put them into seperate bottles with lighter fluid(naptha). Im now starting to read that it may unsafe and people have gotten sick from it. Idk im just questioning it and trying to get some reinsurance that it will be ok.

also is there such thing as an anti-nausea medicine becuase im kinda an emetophobian haha and have heard that it causes some vommiting. Ive puked on shrooms before so im willing to do it...id just rather not

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAKSE
My bruises areblue
 User Gallery

Loc: Ak
Re: LSA extraction from morning glories...(naptha) [Re: TheMarsVolta]
    #6860877 - 05/01/07 11:02 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I personally wouldn't use naptha, as it can leave carcinogenic residues behind. You should go with a cleaner solvent like Everclear or petroleum ether. Hell, even acetone would evaporate cleaner than naptha (wouldn't it?).

OfflineJdub123
Seeker of theNonordinaryReality
Male

Re: LSA extraction from morning glories...(naptha) [Re: AKSE]
    #6860931 - 05/01/07 11:13 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

evaporate some naptha and look for any residue or oils. if there are then don't use it. if there isn't then it will be safe. just make sure to fully evaporate the solvent before injesting.

dramamine. you can buy it OTC at grocery stores or pharmacies. take 2 an hour before injestion and 1 about 30 minutes in. this should take care of the nausea. a couple ibuprofins taken the same time of injestion will help with vasoconstriction.

happy tripping! :smile:

--------------------
***any posts, suggestions, advice, events, messages, or any other written words (I, me, in my experience, etc...) on any topic, including illegal activity, is all strictly fictional =]

OfflineTheMarsVolta
Stranger
Re: LSA extraction from morning glories...(naptha) [Re: Jdub123]
    #6861869 - 05/02/07 06:44 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

isnt petroleum ether, naptha?...anywayas if i use naptha and strain the seed mush cant i rinse it off the mush with water to cleanse out the naptha but still keep a healthy LSA seed mush

OfflineJdub123
Male

#6861879 - 05/02/07 06:55 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

no, LSA is soluble in water.
as long as there are no impurities in the naptha, and you let it evaporate fully after the extraction, you will be fine.

--------------------
***any posts, suggestions, advice, events, messages, or any other written words (I, me, in my experience, etc...) on any topic, including illegal activity, is all strictly fictional =]

OfflineMotorCityMadman
Rubberfan andFunketeer
 User Gallery

Loc: Motown (State of Mind)
    #6862138 - 05/02/07 09:30 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

in my experience, extraction is not worth the trouble.

grind, soak in water, down the hatch. if you feel ill, eat some pepto bismol tablets.

ymmv. good luck.

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis
    #6862494 - 05/02/07 11:04 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Jdub123 said:
evaporate some naptha and look for any residue or oils. if there are then don't use it. if there isn't then it will be safe. just make sure to fully evaporate the solvent before injesting.

dramamine. you can buy it OTC at grocery stores or pharmacies. take 2 an hour before injestion and 1 about 30 minutes in. this should take care of the nausea. a couple ibuprofins taken the same time of injestion will help with vasoconstriction.

happy tripping! :smile:

my mom used to take dramamine on road trips so she wouldnt get car sick, and we got her this little watch looking thing from sharper image, and it shocks your wrist every few seconds, and it keeps you from getting carsick.  I cant ever read anything in the car without feeling like shit normally, but when I wore the thing it actually worked, and for 100 bucks id expect it to, but you think thatd work wish something like lsa?  or when you get the spins from drinking and getting high?

OfflineJdub123
Male

Re: LSA extraction from morning glories...(naptha) [Re: AgingHippy]
    #6862547 - 05/02/07 11:14 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

hmm I'm not really sure about that.

I really don't understand the concept of nausea associated with LSA.
I do know the dramamine works though.
I just had a discussion with my biology professor about it. she says that the dramamine blocks the receptors leading to the equillibruim tanks in the inner ear (motion sickness is from the equillibrium constantly changing) and somehow it relates to nausea and prevents it. so if LSA does something with equillibrium, and so does the shocking, then it might actually work.

--------------------

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis
    #6862659 - 05/02/07 11:48 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Jdub123 said:
hmm I'm not really sure about that.

I really don't understand the concept of nausea associated with LSA.
I do know the dramamine works though.
I just had a discussion with my biology professor about it. she says that the dramamine blocks the receptors leading to the equillibruim tanks in the inner ear (motion sickness is from the equillibrium constantly changing) and somehow it relates to nausea and prevents it. so if LSA does something with equillibrium, and so does the shocking, then it might actually work.

i recently smoked too much herb and got bad spins, and ended up puking.  I'd be willing to give it a try again with the wrist thing on this time :wink:  could be the next cool accessory lol

OfflineTheMarsVolta
Stranger
Re: LSA extraction from morning glories...(naptha) [Re: AgingHippy]
    #6880064 - 05/06/07 11:20 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

ok well i dried up the naptha completely i dont smell it at all anymore and now its time for the alcohol. the only problem is im 18 and cant find everyclear easily. My friend has 80 proof vodka. Would that work, or how about rubbing alcohol?

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis Flag
    #6880246 - 05/06/07 12:13 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheMarsVolta said:
ok well i dried up the naptha completely i dont smell it at all anymore and now its time for the alcohol. the only problem is im 18 and cant find everyclear easily. My friend has 80 proof vodka. Would that work, or how about rubbing alcohol?

you dont know anyone with a fake id or is over 21? im sure 80 proof would work okay...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag