Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJoSac
You like thisbowl of penis's?I bet you do.
 User Gallery

Question about the jar seal.
    #6859691 - 05/01/07 07:21 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Im starting tomorrow and im going to make my substrate and all that fun stuff... But my jars r the ones with like those double lids. It has a peice u put on with a rubber seal the the peice u screw around it. should i take off the rubber seal? And when im done sterilizing, should i keep tape over the holes or what?

--------------------
Im new to this so try and bear with me...

-9 jars of BRF (currently clolnizing)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Question about the jar seal. [Re: JoSac]
    #6859845 - 05/01/07 07:54 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I don't understand your question but I will take a stab at it

I think you are referring to the red seal on the underside of the lid.if this is what you are talking about than yes they are fine to pressure cook,don't try and take it off.

As far as keeping holes covered it depends on what your doing.I inoculate through tyvek and than cover my inoculation holes with micopore tape that has been sprayed with alcohol,Mind you however that I am inoculation's grains like rye or bird seed.

If you are doing a cake grow than its completely different and you need not cover your holes because if you made your jars correctly the dry verm layer should serve as you contamination prevention barrier and the holes can be left open to breathe

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Question about the jar seal. [Re: Blutjager]
    #6859870 - 05/01/07 07:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Use rubber side up because it makes the lid easier to get off later. Drill four holes, just barely big enough for the syringe needle. 1/16" works fine. You can leave them open or cover with micropore tape, which is medical tape from the drug store. Cover the whole lid with foil during sterilization.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineJoSac
You like thisbowl of penis's?I bet you do.
 User Gallery

Re: Question about the jar seal. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6859913 - 05/01/07 08:07 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

ok thanks u guys

--------------------
Im new to this so try and bear with me...

-9 jars of BRF (currently clolnizing)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags