Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Is `Temp. control` with `aquarium heater stick` common during colonisation time?
    #68537 - 12/14/99 02:38 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

never heard of it but it sounds like a way to keep a steady temp. unless it raise humm in the jars? any one else?

------------------
Ask not what your shrooms can do for you, but what you can do for your shrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Is `Temp. control` with `aquarium heater stick` common during colonisation time?
    #68539 - 12/14/99 02:49 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Just watch the temperature, 86 is great but any higher and you risk killing things. (90 or 95 is death, I believe)

If condensation is a problem, put baggies over the top of the jars.

have fun!

Anonymous

#68540 - 12/14/99 02:52 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

snoc, this is the way they do it in most coffeeshops and smart and seeds shops in Amsterdam. It is a nice way of keeping a constant temperature and a steady high humidity, but be careful of contams, cause they tend to flourish in water. Maybe mixing 10% bleech in the water or some hydrogen peroxide.

Later,
tweedy.

InvisiblePermaGrin
    #68541 - 12/14/99 06:21 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I think you need to make sure the whole heating portion of the stick is fully submerged in water, or it will break, cause a short circuit, maybe burn down your house, etc. Check out the direction on that thing..

OfflineJoHnNySc
enthusiast
    #68542 - 12/14/99 07:15 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

i have heard of using a similar method. Except instead of putting the jars directly into the heated water you put them in smaller container and put a lid on that. submerse this container in the larger container with the heater and water.
Good luck

------------------
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

Anonymous

#68543 - 12/15/99 01:20 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

JoHnNySc: I just build up a set up like you mentioned it. I used my large plastic box filled with normal water and the heater stick placed inside. Then I took a second smaller plastic box with two stoneplates under the bottom which are wraped with fence around the whole smaller box to fight the constant water preasure who pushes the smaller box always on top of the water. Now my question: do you or anybody else, know or could imagine how to improve this constuction and solve the small preasure problem (perhaps another box material?) , which I, because of the two stoneplates, almost`fixed`.

Anonymous

#68544 - 12/15/99 01:22 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

JoHnNySc: I just build up a set up like you mentioned it. I used my large plastic box filled with normal water and the heater stick placed inside. Then I took a second smaller plastic box with two stoneplates under the bottom which are wraped with fence around the whole smaller box to fight the constant water preasure who pushes the smaller box always on top of the water. Now my question: do you or anybody else, know or could imagine how to improve this constuction and solve the small preasure problem (perhaps another box material?) , which I, because of the two stoneplates, almost`fixed`.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag