Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineanonymoushate

Contamination + Bleach tek = ?
    #683836 - 06/17/02 11:42 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I was disgusted to find a jar had around 2% of this black contamination, fully colonized other than that. So I figured I'd try this "new" tek out, I mean, what've I got to lose? The jar is otherwise trash. So I cut out as much of the contamination as possible, and let the cake sit in a 0.7:100 bleach/water solution for eight hours. The black nasty is still there sort of, and I am curious as to what happens next?

Also I did the same with a jar about 10% consumed by this red/orange contamination, and am wondering if the cake actually absorbs the bleach/water, as contaminants aren't just on the surface. If this doesn't help I don't care, as the jars were otherwise useless, just hoping I can save a few as I'm down to 3 that haven't been bombarded by contaminants.

--------------------
All text in the above message, expressed or implied, is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Contamination + Bleach tek = ? [Re: anonymoushate]
    #704512 - 06/27/02 01:44 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

contams arising on only partially colonized jars are hard even for bleach tek to save, unfortunately.
many times, as you mention, the contams are inside the cake, making it impossible for the bleach to reach and kill all of it.
also, some are so badly contam'd that it may take several bleach dips over time to kill it all.
in cases like yours,
i think the best option, assuming you are determined to try to save them,
would be to cut out any contams first, then crumble the remaining cake before bleach dipping, thus allowing the bleach access to [formerly] interior areas.
and then i'd repeat the dip [only 10-20 minutes each] every day for 3-5 days before casing it.
i mean, what have you got to lose ?
the cake's screwed already, it's worth a try.
but move fast, time is on their side, not yours.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Contamination + Bleach tek = ? [Re: Hippie3]
    #705576 - 06/27/02 12:21 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

i mean, what have you got to lose ?

ahh...your life!!....contams are/can be DEADLY....
...what part of "DEADLY"...dont you understand?
...risking your LIFE over a cake that takes pennies to make...
...come on people...use your heads...

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Re: Contamination + Bleach tek = ? [Re: 40oz]
    #706930 - 06/28/02 12:47 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

sometimes i just have to laugh.
i find it hard to believe that any one is going to die
because they killed off the contams with a bleach dip.
what are the odds ?
99.9% of the contams we get aren't lethal,
no one has ever proved that cubies absorb any toxins,
and you risk yer life just growing illegal fungi.
so don't be such a pussy about a little contamination,
you swallow millions of germs everyday.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #717307 - 07/02/02 04:44 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ahh...laugh as you may...but as i recall....i believe it was 3M who almost died from inhaling aspergillus niger...a CONTAMINATION.... (<---what does that mean to you?)
here is a little blipit from TMC:
"This is a dangerous genus. Since one can encounter Asperillus flavus, A. niger, A. fumigatus in the course of mushroom culture, precautionary steps should be undertaken to minimize exposure to these toxic contaminants."

In reply to:

precautionary steps should be undertaken to minimize exposure

...and by that...i dont think he means "a dip in bleach"....

the above is just an example of the seriousness contams can be., and i cant believe how passive you are to risks to your own health, let alone giving your passive advice.
IMO, if you have to dip your fully colonised cake in bleach to avoid contams..there is something very fuck'n wrong!!
maybe a "fallback and regroup" is in order (?)

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Re: Contamination + Bleach tek = ? [Re: 40oz]
    #719419 - 07/03/02 01:31 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

lol
3M got that from his edibles, which were in trays in a large room and he was careless to breath it in.
i'm assuming most folks here don't go around snorting their contams.
a little common sense goes a long way.
speaking of which, why are you wasting your time ranting about something you can't control anyway ?
you know as well as i do that everyone gets contams, even you, and everyone tries to save their precious casings/cakes when they see contams start up. including you.
it's kinda like masturbation, we all do it but some deny it.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineKingBolete
enthusiast

Loc: Gulf Coast
    #719744 - 07/03/02 07:35 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey there,

Master whackin' it is then ...heheheh! That was funny man...
Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic. My work on a MAZ jar seems to be working pretty well and I was very conservative with the solutions. It was partially colonized and I hit it with a little H2O2 followed by a very mild injection of water/bleach which hammered a small light grey area on the bottom. The colonization rate picked up some I suspect after a day or so probably due to the H2O2.

Best regards,

KingBolete

Edited by KingBolete (07/03/02 07:39 AM)

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Re: Contamination + Bleach tek = ? [Re: KingBolete]
    #721822 - 07/04/02 02:37 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

excellent,
working with partially colonized jars is about the hardest thing you can try, glad to hear of your initial success, i'd be interested in hearing if/when it finishes ok.
thx.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag