Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAninator
Flashtique
 User Gallery

Loc: Philadlephia, PA
why won't the end of the semester come sooner.
    #6826623 - 04/24/07 08:38 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The weathers getting nicer, the work is becoming more unbareable than it was in the begninning of the semester. Bullshit classes are just painful wastes of time and energy. I mean especially in art school. all these bullshit art classes teaching you how to talk about art. or other classes that teachers just put no fucking effort into. i'm just so fucking done. i wanna do other things, i wanna go be in nature and travel and take pictures for the rest of my life. i don't wanna be in school taking classses i HAVE to take. theses classes that these elitist directors think will help us when in acutality they are making us put energy in classes that are just doing no good. * credits this semester that i am convinced has done nothing in terms of expanding my artistic mind. i just want the summer to start.

/end rant.

who else is fed up? share your story, take a load off and bitch about it as much as you want.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMegg
Potator
Female

Loc: Canada
Re: why won't the end of the semester come sooner. [Re: Aninator]
    #6826640 - 04/24/07 08:44 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I feel ya.

Fortunately for me.. My term ended like 3 days ago! yay! :smile:

OfflineAninator
Flashtique
 User Gallery

Re: why won't the end of the semester come sooner. [Re: Megg]
    #6826672 - 04/24/07 08:52 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

lucky bitch hehe. i'm green withy envy. It must feel great. describe it to me. i've forgotten what freedom feels like. :frown:

Edited by AniNator (04/24/07 08:53 AM)

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #6826710 - 04/24/07 09:10 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Jesus hates you

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineMegg
Potator
Female

Loc: Canada
    #6826729 - 04/24/07 09:18 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

It feels awesome. Can't even put it into words! lol.

But I have to work now.
Which sucks.

Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: why won't the end of the semester come sooner. [Re: Megg]
    #6826739 - 04/24/07 09:25 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yea I can't wait for the end of the semester either. I'm basically done with my bullshit courses though, and have been learning some awesome Forestry stuff all year.

However, I'm sick of classes and can't wait to get started on my summer job....setting up study plots for the National Park Service! woot!

--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos
Re: why won't the end of the semester come sooner. [Re: hobbitxkillyou]
    #6826743 - 04/24/07 09:27 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i have procrastinated to the max this semester. i've got 3 days to do my 15-20 page research paper. i am definitely ready to just be done.

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #6826748 - 04/24/07 09:29 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

classes are over tomorrow, then exams end a week from Thursday

a matter of days after that and then I'm leaving for a while...possibly leaving school as well depending on how things pan out and how my attitude changes

you'll get through it

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineAninator
Flashtique
 User Gallery

Re: why won't the end of the semester come sooner. [Re: demiu5]
    #6826944 - 04/24/07 10:40 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

damn you guys end early i still have like 3 weeks.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#6826981 - 04/24/07 10:51 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

One more week left for me. Finishing up a few big ones today and tomorrow, then I need to do a full energy audit on a large commercial building :undecided:

The end is almost here. I can taste it.

Offlinetoastandjam
Tastes Grate, Lesh Philling
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6826993 - 04/24/07 10:55 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I finally finished everything off, semester ended last week, and I went through graduation ceremony.

I have one more spring semester to complete before my total requirements are filled, except there's one pain in the ass about it. Board is a requirement. The class itself is about $300, there's no room charge during spring, but the mandatory meal plan is nearly $600. For one month's service. I may be required to pay over $20\day on food to finish this up; a luxury I can't, and don't want to, afford. So I've got to walk over to an office and fill out a request I'm sure I'll have to argue over.

I could eat steak dinners every day for that kinda dough, and I'll just be getting shitty, limited hours cafeteria bullshit for it.

--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6827112 - 04/24/07 11:24 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah Ani, I hear ya. My last day of classes is thursday, and I have a whole bunch of shit to pull out of my ass before than. The weather's been beautiful, and ironically enough it's supposed to get shitty again on thursday.

What can you do? :shrug:

Just remember, there's a whole summer ahead to look forward to! :laugh:

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #6827121 - 04/24/07 11:26 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

3 weeks?! Almost everybody's last exams are this week, here. I got my degree in 1998 and haven't even thought about looking back, until this year. I want to go back in for a horticulture degree. It's only for 2 years and it is what I want to do as far as work goes. I fucking hate my buisness degree.

--------------------

:murray:

OfflineIron_Hymen
Shake Hands withBeef
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mass-of-two-shits
    #6827334 - 04/24/07 12:10 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AniNator said:
The weathers getting nicer, the work is becoming more unbareable than it was in the begninning of the semester. Bullshit classes are just painful wastes of time and energy. I mean especially in art school. all these bullshit art classes teaching you how to talk about art.  or other classes that teachers just put no fucking effort into. i'm just so fucking done. i wanna do other things, i wanna go be in nature and travel and take pictures for the rest of my life. i don't wanna be in school taking classses i HAVE to take. theses classes that these elitist directors think will help us when in acutality they are making us put energy in classes that are just doing no good. * credits this semester that i am convinced has done nothing in terms of expanding my artistic mind. i just want the summer to start.

/end rant.

who else is fed up? share  your story, take a load off and bitch about it as much as you want.

In response to your pain of dreading these long long hours , prisoned from a beautiful day outdoors. I find it funny to agree the same. Well, fact is one of my bullshitting classes is one of my favorite photojournalism classes, but I had to skip it just for today to be out in the sun and work on my other projects that I'm almost about to flunk. Hence i need to graduate. I don't care as long as I pass above an F, because my degree is not really for me, its mostly to shut my parent's trap. Status, class, car, house, motherhood...NOT IN MY BOOK.  I love taking pictures of different cultures in their own regions..I guess the degree will help me I guess for a little while--- but I want to go backpacking for now.
TODAY I just heard some woman bitch on her cellphone that she made the wrong choice coming to community college because she already makes 30 bucks an hour. I heard her from the 3rd parking lot down. Loud lady, but hey at least she figured her life out!:crymeariver:

--------------------

#1 reason organized religion should be done away with. It's a message, and one that is open to speculation.
"Pray your own prayers and talk to God on your own.He doesn't want a fucking parrot, and he doesn't want a sheep"

GnuBobo:Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.
Be Iron, like Hymen, in Vitamin.
Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos
Re: why won't the end of the semester come sooner. [Re: blissedout]
    #6828348 - 04/24/07 04:57 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
3 weeks?! Almost everybody's last exams are this week, here. I got my degree in 1998 and haven't even thought about looking back, until this year. I want to go back in for a horticulture degree. It's only for 2 years and it is what I want to do as far as work goes. I fucking hate my buisness degree.

hah, i have a feeling that will be me in a few years. oh well. i'm almost done now. to late to change it. i'll finish it out, get my two degrees, then grow gardens on my own time. hopefully.

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #6828470 - 04/24/07 05:35 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

haha june 4th here.

but my summer wont really start until (hopefully) grateful fest or re:generation, or at the latest all good :frown:

--------------------

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery

Loc: strawberry field
    #6828474 - 04/24/07 05:37 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

it's a test of your dedication

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: why won't the end of the semester come sooner. [Re: Nashbar]
    #6828547 - 04/24/07 05:53 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Two exams to go, one on Weds, one on Thurs - it can't come soon enough.

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: why won't the end of the semester come sooner. [Re: kaniz]
    #6828655 - 04/24/07 06:26 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Urgh, 3 weeks until semester ends. School sucks.

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

OfflineKamin
Male

Re: why won't the end of the semester come sooner. [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #6828940 - 04/24/07 07:38 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Fuck...I hate the end of the semester...one exam today, two tommorow, and two more Thursday...I wish I could just go to sleep and then wake up Friday morning... :nonono:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds