Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker
    #6819263 - 04/22/07 02:02 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

:lol:
<a href="https://www.mind-media.com/go.php?http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/04/michigan_student_suspended_for.php" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/0<wbr>4/michigan_student_suspended_for.<wbr>php</a>

"A Christian student has been punished by his Michigan high school for demonstrating opposition to a school event celebrating the homosexual lifestyle. The boy's father, a pastor, says he's frustrated the rights of Christian students are being constantly trampled on campus.

Oakridge High School in Muskegon, Michigan, is one of many schools across the U.S. that took part in Wednesday's "National Day of Silence" -- an event promoted heavily by homosexual activist groups, which view it as a day to protest alleged discrimination faced by students who identify as "gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender (GLBT)." At Oakridge High, duct tape was passed out for students to wear over their lips as a way to show solidarity with homosexual students who are purportedly suffering in silence.

John Gardner is pastor of Holton Family Life Worship Center in Holton, a community of approximately 2,500 about 17 miles northeast of Muskegon. Pastor Gardner says his 15-year-old son David, a student at Oakridge High, was suspended for a day by the school because he wrote with a black marker "I'm straight" on a piece of duct tape and attached it to his shirt. He explains that David donned the message to voice his objection to the school's participation in the Day of Silence.

"They asked him, at that point, to take it off," Gardner says, "and David [asked] why do the rest of the kids in the class get to wear theirs and I can't wear something about what I believe?" According to the pastor, the teacher then instructed David to remove the message or he would be "kicked out" of class. "And he said, 'Well then, you'll have to kick me out' -- and that's what they did," says David's father.

Pastor Gardner says every week he preaches that the day is coming when opposition to homosexuality will be banned, but he never imagined it would happen in his small Michigan town. He says a "liberal mentality" is being pushed in public schools to the extent many children are being indoctrinated with it.

It is time, says the Michigan pastor, for Christians to step to the forefront. "I tell you, I fear what's coming in the next ten years for the Church and the schools -- and children, in general -- if the Christians don't come out of their closet," he says. "The gays and lesbians want to come out of their closet; I think the Church needs to come out of their closet and stand up and be the Body of Christ that God has told it to be."

Gardner states he has not decided whether to take legal action against Oakridge High School.

Edited by poke smot! (09/07/20 02:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: poke smot!]
    #6819302 - 04/22/07 02:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'm all for gay rights and hate bible thumpers, but bullshit is bullshit. I don't see how this kid did anything wrong.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: poke smot!]
    #6819304 - 04/22/07 02:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

As much as I disagree with their opinion ("liberal mentality"... sheesh), I think it was way over the line to kick that boy out... what ever happened to the first amendment?

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

OfflineDrewski
Fungi in theJungi
Male

Loc: no mans land
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: Siekoaktiv]
    #6819335 - 04/22/07 02:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

its just that its such a bad thing to make fun of a gay person now, to be honest gay gross me out, i dont really care that they are gay and what not but the whole idea to be is more gut renching than anything. this whole story is sorta like the whole midget thing, say anything wrong to the midget and you are deemed an asshole by society. what ever the case i dont think they should promote gayness in schools its just wrong. its one of those arguements that go both ways but it seems as the years go on our country just gets gayer and gayer as do the people. For example, i live in california, and the gayest law ever is the fucking spore law, obviously some fag put that one in the books. son of a bitch

--------------------
Ultimately, martial art means honestly expressing yourself. It is easy for
me to put on a show, and be cocky so I can show you some really fancy
movement. But to express oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to
express myself honestly enough; that my friend is very hard to do." Bruce Lee

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: Drewski]
    #6819354 - 04/22/07 02:38 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Drewski said:
its just that its such a bad thing to make fun of a gay person now, to be honest gay gross me out, i dont really care that they are gay and what not but the whole idea to be is more gut renching than anything. this whole story is sorta like the whole midget thing, say anything wrong to the midget and you are deemed an asshole by society. what ever the case i dont think they should promote gayness in schools its just wrong. its one of those arguements that go both ways but it seems as the years go on our country just gets gayer and gayer as do the people. For example, i live in california, and the gayest law ever is the fucking spore law, obviously some fag put that one in the books. son of a bitch

Hands down one of the most eloquent arguments on the Shroomery :rolleyes:

I support gay rights whole-heartedly but I disagree with how this situation was handled. This kid was just expressing his views like all the others were allowed to. However wrong I think his anti-gay opinion is (if he even is anti-gay; the article doesn't really say) he still has the freedom to express it.

Offlinemoon_glue
Orwell's Post9/11 Era
Male

Loc: Earth, today...
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: DNKYD]
    #6819419 - 04/22/07 02:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

lame

OfflineDrewski
Fungi in theJungi
Male

Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: moon_glue]
    #6819594 - 04/22/07 03:53 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

just think about this...what is the point of being gay? once you are gay you render your natural uses as an animal/mammal/human useless. you are basically disrespecting your family and everything they stand for (im sure being gay isnt even close to anything your family beleives in otherwise you wouldnt have one, as explained in the second sentence) because you are refusing to extend the legacy of your family which can be traced generations back. but if another mans love is more important to the future exesistance of your whole families legacy then i guess gay rights are great.

--------------------

OfflineTech
Antitheist
Male

Loc: Northeastern Europe
    #6819595 - 04/22/07 03:54 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

He says a "liberal mentality" is being pushed in public schools to the extent many children are being indoctrinated with it.

Mmm.. That sounds familiar. Oh, wait, isn't that the same thing religions are doing? Yet this "liberal mentality" promotes freedom and indiscrimination, while religions just push the ultra-conservative and often racist views on everybody. Bloody brainwashing.. It will end someday.

--------------------

OfflineDrewski
Fungi in theJungi
Male

#6819603 - 04/22/07 03:57 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

ps dknyd on the lighter note...your signature explains something i could never find the words for-thanks

--------------------

OfflineTech
Antitheist
Male

Loc: Northeastern Europe
    #6819625 - 04/22/07 04:01 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Drewski said:
just think about this...what is the point of being gay? once you are gay you render your natural uses as an animal/mammal/human useless. you are basically disrespecting your family and everything they stand for (im sure being gay isnt even close to anything your family beleives in otherwise you wouldnt have one, as explained in the second sentence) because you are refusing to extend the legacy of your family which can be traced generations back. but if another mans love is more important to the future exesistance of your whole families legacy then i guess gay rights are great.

I agree with some parts, the genetic material is lost and it isn't the optimal situation for the person's parents or relatives. Yet the natural selection will take care of gays, people shouldn't be the ones doing it. It's their choice. They want to live their lives that way, and others shouldn't have anything to say about it. Just live your own life happily, and accept the fact that others have the same right too.

--------------------

OfflineDrewski
Fungi in theJungi
Male

Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: Tech]
    #6819653 - 04/22/07 04:07 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for your wisdom tech!

--------------------

Edited by Drewski (04/22/07 04:07 PM)

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

#6819661 - 04/22/07 04:10 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I think the boy should be punished but not suspended. He went out of his way to try to shame a "holiday" that already has a lot of prejuduce around it. During black history month kids aren't allowed to wear shirts that say "there should be a white history month too"

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: Tech]
    #6819701 - 04/22/07 04:21 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

well all i have to say is that people are stupid. im sorry, but how does a kid being suspended for one day make the news? shit like shit happens every day in countless places.

kids say stuff like that every day too. not that i would ever do something as butthole-ish as do that, (if in fact the kid was serious about wanting to keep gays in the closet) but if the other kids are for it, its only fair that there should be another group against it.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

OfflineDrewski
Fungi in theJungi
Male

Re: Michigan student suspended for wearing 'I'm straight' sticker [Re: wireless]
    #6819703 - 04/22/07 04:22 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

hm..good point. but it wasnt like it said, i hate gays, or anti-gay or anything like that, its not like he even said anything directly to another gay, all he did was wear a sticker that said i am straight. Is there anything wrong with being straight or is everyone gay now.

--------------------

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #6819719 - 04/22/07 04:27 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I was suspended for wearing a "New Kids Suck" shirt... probably 1989ish.

OfflineDrewski
Fungi in theJungi
Male

#6819722 - 04/22/07 04:28 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

if it was a pro-straight day you know for a 100000% actuall fact there will be a butt-loving rally just because there was a pro-straight day, and to be honest nothing negative would happen to the gays because if anything did, it would be a hate crime. its almost like a taboo now, if you mess with a gay politically, the gay will always win just because he is gay and his rights are being violated. but if a gay guy tries to voice his opinion its OK because he is gay and nobody wants to mess with him because they will get in trouble.

--------------------

OfflineLily_Morgan
I'm #1 !!
Female User Gallery
Loc: Eastern Shore
    #6819961 - 04/22/07 05:27 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

What he did may be offensive, but there is still supposed to be freedom of speech in this country.

OfflineIllusionist
Stranger
Male

#6820017 - 04/22/07 05:42 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Drewski said:
if it was a pro-straight day you know for a 100000% actuall fact there will be a butt-loving rally just because there was a pro-straight day, and to be honest nothing negative would happen to the gays because if anything did, it would be a hate crime. its almost like a taboo now, if you mess with a gay politically, the gay will always win just because he is gay and his rights are being violated. but if a gay guy tries to voice his opinion its OK because he is gay and nobody wants to mess with him because they will get in trouble.

I agree completely, this is like the TV channel "B.E.T." (black entertainment television) there would be a huge uproar if there was a W.E.T. (White Entertainment Television) TV channel about how white people are racist but no one says anything about B.E.T. Its really getting ridiculous.

--------------------

everything this user posts is complete fiction.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6820139 - 04/22/07 06:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Drewski said:
just think about this...what is the point of being gay? once you are gay you render your natural uses as an animal/mammal/human useless.  you are basically disrespecting your family and everything they stand for (im sure being gay isnt even close to anything your family beleives in otherwise you wouldnt have one, as explained in the second sentence) because you are refusing to extend the legacy of your family which can be traced generations back.  but if another mans love is more important to the future exesistance of your whole families legacy then i guess gay rights are great.

:wtf:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineFlipz
Universal Cynic

Loc: Midwest
    #6820227 - 04/22/07 06:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

double post

--------------------

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Edited by Flipz (04/22/07 06:36 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags