Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemystery
you huff scat?
Female

Loc: niggasneed2stopsnitching
Marijuana fanciers puff for legality
    #6815980 - 04/21/07 01:09 PM (17 years, 13 minutes ago)

Marijuana fanciers puff for legality
Hundreds of pro-marijuana Manitobans -- mostly teens and young adults -- converged yesterday on the legislature's front lawn for an annual show of force to push for a complete legalization of pot possession and use.

Amid pro-pot signs, the sound of bongo drums and a smoking and sniffing of marijuana and other fumes from various contraptions, the party was well under way by noon.

And it grew bigger quickly, with warm and clear conditions helping to draw an estimated 700 people by about 2 p.m.

Scott, a 25-year-old who refused to give his last name, drove more than six hours from his home near The Pas with a few friends to attend the protest.

He said the message delivered by the crowd on what the province should push to law-makers in Ottawa couldn't be louder -- marijuana must become as legal as alcoholic beverages.

'4-20' EVENT
"It should definitely be an issue. Look at the people here -- all these supporters," Scott said.

"No one is here visiting any government officials. We're just here to protest for what we believe in."

One of Scott's pals, a man who wouldn't give his name, described the so-called "4-20" event as a celebration with purpose.

"I came to support something I do every day," he said of pot use. "I do it whenever I can."

The visitors from The Pas brought signs, one of them stating, "Legalize, Regulate, Medicate, Educate."

Not all demonstrators were as forceful. Two young women who no longer smoke pot nevertheless were there to support a pro-freedom message.

"I just quit," Sara, 19, said of marijuana use that ended two months ago. "But I don't understand why alcohol can be legal, whereas bud can't."

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Features/2007/04/21/4091792-sun.html

--------------------
:berternie:

Edited by mystery (04/21/07 01:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1