Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
A question for parents who trip
    #6799060 - 04/17/07 10:22 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The last time I tripped was 16th February this year, after three years of tripping once a month. On 22 March my wife gave birth to a wonderful, healthy baby boy.

I held off tripping after the 16th February as after that it would have been too close to the due date, and I'm holding off tripping until the end of May so we can get into a routine and my wife can physically recover and have her six week check up to make sure she's okay.

The thing is I find myself feeling concerns about the trip I am provisionally planning. I won't go ahead with it unless my wife feels comfortable enough with the idea - she's okayed the idea of it so far, her only problem being that she's jealous as she won't be able to do mushrooms, salvia etc for a few years due to breast feeding.

I'm very used to high level, deeply spiritual solo trips having had 30+ 5g+ doses over the past few years.

However my wife and child will be in our flat as well and I'm wondering how that and the concern I constantly feel for the little fella might, as it in all likelihood will, affect my trip.

Anyone out there care to share memories of their first trip after becoming a parent? How did it influence your trip? Did you have any emotional difficulties due to the new responsibility?

I want to use the experience to reflect on how the first few months of being parents have changed our lives, and am curious to see how my child looks whilst I am under the influence (nb the child will never be left with me as the only person attending to him).

I think it will be a very interesting trip!

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: A question for parents who trip [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #6799105 - 04/17/07 10:33 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm sure your experience will come into play, and you'll be fine. My only advice is to "ramp up" over a few trips and not just jump right into a 5+g trip... Having a baby is a very moving and emotional experience (from what I've heard), and you may find a whole new dimension you never could before. :shrug:

Good luck my friend, and congrats on being a baby daddy!

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
    #6799155 - 04/17/07 10:49 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You have fatherly duties now.

Maybe it's time to give up the drugs for a while.

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: A question for parents who trip [Re: Brugman]
    #6799173 - 04/17/07 10:54 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I get where you're coming from but part of being a parent is having a time out every now and then to maintain your sanity. A healthy minded parent makes for a healthy minded baby.

In terms of "drug" use I am very responsible. I don't actually do anything but mushrooms, have been like that for the past 3 years.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Offlineganjaguru
I'm not really here
Male
Loc: Austin, TX
    #6800560 - 04/17/07 04:32 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

theorganicdomino said:
I get where you're coming from but part of being a parent is having a time out every now and then to maintain your sanity. A healthy minded parent makes for a healthy minded baby.

In terms of "drug" use I am very responsible. I don't actually do anything but mushrooms, have been like that for the past 3 years.

So... I've got a new baby, 7 month old daughter, I've always been in extreme control of my mindstate to the point of taking acid one night, drinking a few beers and passing out while my wife tripped off the same dose/same stuff for another 8 hours.
Soon after having the baby my brother stopped by and had some mushrooms, All I can say is it was weird, very powerful, but very weird. You say you're used to around 5g so I would reccommend starting with a "buzz" more than full on trip like 2 grams or so.
Just see how it affects you and how you look at your baby, at some points I was just emotional about creating such an amazing thing, and them sometimes a little weirded out that she was there permanently.
Everyone is different. If your wife is there to support you go for it incase you need a little time on your own.

--------------------

Invisiblemushbaby
woodswalker
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in my own lil world
Re: A question for parents who trip [Re: ganjaguru]
    #6801642 - 04/17/07 09:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Personally I'd say don't do it around the kid.  That's a bad habit to start.  Your son won't notice now but as he gets older he'll notice you acting strangely.  Try getting a babysitter, for him. And  congratulations, that little guy will change your life!  :plur:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale