Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrunkyDaBear
marijuana'llmake ya jump offbridges
Male User Gallery

Loc: the swamp
more help :( with pics.. *sigh*
    #6792592 - 04/15/07 10:05 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

well, everything WAS going great, but today i noticed a purdy gray mold growing allllllllll over the top of this cake.. i wasnt sure what the hell to do, and no contam looked like it made it *that* close  to the myc, so i cut the good white off, and cased it.. if it doesnt work, oh well... but inside the cake, theres no mycelium growth at all.. just alotta gray.. i dont understand wtf happened, it was lookin so healthy and it was rippin.. and also, theres one more jar with a small gray spot.. but the myc is still healthy lookin, and almost 3/4 colonized on the outside.. is there a chance the myc could kick the shit out of this contam and take the cake back? any help would be greatly appreciated  :frown:

edit: and the insides of the cakes still feel a bit moist, sticky but slightly wet still.. i dont think it was dehydration stopping the myc and letting the contam grow.. im stumped as to why this happened

--------------------
i know the pieces fit, cuz i watched them fall away. mildewed and smoldering, fundamental differing. pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion, disenigrating as it goes, testing our communication. the light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us, so, we cannot seem to reach an end, crippling our communication.
the poetry that comes from the squaring off between, and the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance.

Edited by DrunkyDaBear (04/15/07 10:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: more help :( with pics.. *sigh* [Re: DrunkyDaBear]
    #6792654 - 04/15/07 10:20 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

um that is a solid mold cake.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

OfflineDrunkyDaBear
Male User Gallery

Re: more help :( with pics.. *sigh* [Re: budmanman]
    #6792676 - 04/15/07 10:26 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

well like i said, i already cut off the healthy myc and cased it in tupperware, thats just an above shot of where the contam started..

--------------------
i know the pieces fit, cuz i watched them fall away. mildewed and smoldering, fundamental differing. pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion, disenigrating as it goes, testing our communication. the light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us, so, we cannot seem to reach an end, crippling our communication.
the poetry that comes from the squaring off between, and the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance.

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#6792754 - 04/15/07 10:44 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

oh that must have been one small healthy peace then.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

OfflineDrunkyDaBear
Male User Gallery

#6792799 - 04/15/07 10:54 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

well thats the thing, it looks so small cuz i sliced large slivers of the mycelium.. it was growing thick and frosty and bright white on the outside, but nothin at all in the inside.. its not like it was a small piece it was most of the surface area of the outside..

these are the same jars at day eight:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/07-15/656263483-Picture_0015.jpg]

edit: its just wierd, cuz i looked at them this morning and they were a-ok.. and within 14 or so hours that mold hit it that hard.. i am by no means an expert buttttttt... thats pretty quick.. the rest of the jars are peachy, its just that one, and it looks like its juuuust starting to develop on one more

--------------------

Edited by DrunkyDaBear (04/15/07 10:58 PM)

OfflineDrunkyDaBear
Male User Gallery

#6792808 - 04/15/07 10:56 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

its just wierd, cuz i looked at them this morning and they were a-ok.. and within 14 or so hours that mold hit it that hard.. i am by no means an expert buttttttt... thats pretty quick.. the rest of the jars are peachy, its just that one, and it looks like its juuuust starting to develop on one more

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#6792814 - 04/15/07 10:57 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

well it appears to be cobweb? but I am no contam expert but cobweb is fast spreader and would grow much faster than the mycelium so how did you go about your inoculation procedure?

--------------------

OfflineDrunkyDaBear
Male User Gallery

#6792832 - 04/15/07 11:00 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

well i used the oven tek, which i hear is iffy.. put it to about 110 till there was hot air blowing out.. and my oven is pretty clean, the night before i put the broiler on to kinda clean it up a bit.. and the two contaminated jars are the same strain, acadian.. i have cambodians that are doing just fine.. for now, at least

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#6792853 - 04/15/07 11:05 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

well the concept you should of gone for was still air.

in the oven u make a draft meaning ur blowing contams all over.should of done the work in the oven clean with the oven off. the air would be stiller in the oven.

--------------------

Offlinejash420
Thatmuthafucka..
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Where the red fern grows....
    #6792865 - 04/15/07 11:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I've never worked in front of an oven just use a paper towel soaked in alcohol always keep the needle in the paper towel if it's not inside a jar. Wipe well between every jar or every couple depends how clean you really wanna be. If inoculation is a huge problem I would find a tek to build a homemade glove box, the materials can be bought and put together rather easy from what I see and this would get rid of any innoc issues you may or may not have.

--------------------
I love poo, any friend of my mushrooms is a friend of mine..

OfflineDrunkyDaBear
Male User Gallery

Re: more help :( with pics.. *sigh* [Re: jash420]
    #6792883 - 04/15/07 11:11 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

im not quite sure its an inoculation issue though.. i could be wrong, sure.. but you could see from all the innoc points how healthy and thick it was goin.. and the contam started on the complete oppisite end of the cake.. maybe the moisture content got fucked up and some water pooled and something took before i got a chance to flip em?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds