Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr_Teonanacatl
Stranger
Male

Loc: Miami
A Noob Grower's Questions
    #6774772 - 04/11/07 11:59 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys just joined the community today! I am quite the psilocybin enthusiast and I live in Miami Florida during college. My home in the summer is NJ and I am planning on trying my luck growing with the PF Tek method.

I've bought "Psilocybin Mushroom Handbook" and have also read the guides on this website. They all have the same general directions with variations in how you do it (and what you do it with). My questions are in regards to proper growing environment.

Prior to inoculation (with the syringe) into the mason jars of choice my question is how sanitary do you have to be? I have read that work hoods are recomended DURING inoculation but what about before? How clean do you have to be when you are simply making the jar mix (vermic brf etc) and spooning thhe mix into the jar? Does this have to be done under a work hood? If not then what environment is good enough?

Also, I am trying to think of a room in my house that I will be able to grow them. I have a dog living in the house which seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Having said that I figured the two best places are:
- my sunroom with doors that can be shut to prevent wind blowing through and
- my unfinished basement which has a ton of dust and is large in space. I assume this would be a bitch to clean prior to.

Basically these questions all deal with proper sterilization and the book and guides here are not very specific in just how clean you want to be. Please help me out here and thank you.

Mr_T

--------------------
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: A Noob Grower's Questions [Re: Mr_Teonanacatl]
    #6774817 - 04/11/07 12:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

With the pf tek you really dont need a flowhood or glove box. During the mixing stage just make sure your hands are clean and the jars are clean. When you inoculate make sure you dont have fans on or anything, and again where clean clothes and wash your hands.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinemikemushroom
Castaneda Fan
Male

Loc: Outside Your Window
Re: A Noob Grower's Questions [Re: Psychoslut]
    #6775285 - 04/11/07 02:01 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Prior to inocculation:

Wash hands
Wash jars/lids
Mix up BRF, verm, h2o- spoon into jars and use layer of verm on top
Put lids on jars (with inoculation holes)
Place in 15 psi PC for 45 minutes (this is all the time needed for BRF)

Thats it. No flowhood or whatever. The PC will sterilize everything.

If just using cakes, get a FC. Put it somewhere where it can get 12 hrs. of indirect sunlight, and stays around 70 degrees. I use my closet.

Do some more research. If you have that book and have looked through the info on this site, you should already know this.

Good Luck!

MM

--------------------
Want to be of the shaman mind? Carlos Castaneda is the godfather of the New Age Movement which is based off the peyote & shroom eating natives in Mexico.

Read his library of books to expand your mind.

Offlineblueshroprachaun
Student Of The Spore 2y2l
 User Gallery

Re: A Noob Grower's Questions [Re: mikemushroom]
    #6776402 - 04/11/07 06:30 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The sterile specifics in and of themselves, I mean the ones listed on this site, should be followed as closely as possible. Only allow deviations where you have to, as you will naturally deviate anyway as a beginner, even if your trying to do it perfectly.  The closer you stay to the teks the safer you are in terms of being successful. :thumbup: Goodluck! :thumbup:

--------------------
"All things are poison and nothing is without poison, only the dose permits something not to be poisonous." - Paracelsus,  the father of toxicology

OfflineLonghorn
Myco/EthnoResearcher

Re: A Noob Grower's Questions [Re: blueshroprachaun]
    #6776422 - 04/11/07 06:34 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I have found that even the cheapest glovebox will dramatically lower your chances of contams. If you don't have an extra rubbermaid tub then a cardboard box and some plastic will do fine. 200/1 dilute bleach/water will clean your area nicely.

OfflineMr_Teonanacatl
Stranger
Male

Loc: Miami
Re: A Noob Grower's Questions [Re: Longhorn]
    #6776526 - 04/11/07 06:55 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Longhorn said:
I have found that even the cheapest glovebox will dramatically lower your chances of contams. If you don't have an extra rubbermaid tub then a cardboard box and some plastic will do fine. 200/1 dilute bleach/water will clean your area nicely.

This is the kind of feedback I was looking for. What stage are you referring to? It sounds like you are talking about prior to inoculation... that would contradict what some others have said on this thread.

--------------------
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

OfflineLonghorn
Myco/EthnoResearcher

Re: A Noob Grower's Questions [Re: Mr_Teonanacatl]
    #6776719 - 04/11/07 07:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The glovebox is mainly for innoculations, G2G, and agar work.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Noob Grower's Questions [Re: Longhorn]
    #6776744 - 04/11/07 07:56 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Longhorn said:
The glovebox is mainly for innoculations, G2G, and agar work.

Don't forget PRINT MAKING.

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: A Noob Grower's Questions [Re: agar]
    #6776780 - 04/11/07 08:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quit showing off:headbang:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: A Noob Grower's Questions [Re: OldSpice]
    #6777099 - 04/11/07 09:51 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Glovebox and bleach are the two magic words as far as sterility is concerned,as far as pets go I have actually had to retrieve my cat from out of the greenhouse before,I'm just glad she didn't use a sweater box as a litter box,and I have actually had her steal mushrooms from me(No im not kidding),as long as you keep the dog away from stuff enough so he isn't knocking stuff over I imagine you should be fine

Edited by Blutjager (04/11/07 09:51 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck