Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLuciferX
ape

Re: Contaminated Casings
    #67727 - 12/06/99 11:09 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

contams can be a huge problem. I have lost alot of casings to the evil green mold. i have found casings usually get hit when contams are in the casing to begin with. if you are unsure about a jar.. throw it out. cause its not worth losing a tray of 3 or 6 jars over one questionable jar.

------------------
-LuciferX-
"Religion is the opiate of the people" Karl Marx.
Go to this site, I am poor.
http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=BFR536

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenavy
journeyman

Loc: Southern Cali...US of A
Re: Contaminated Casings [Re: LuciferX]
    #67729 - 12/06/99 11:12 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

try sterilizing everything you own...

once you got the contam problem, it's hard to get rid of the spores to keep it from spreading to the rest of your hobby...the old problem of contam spreading contam

------------------
"never fry bacon in the nude"
"getting women pregnant is bad"
~mom

--------------------
i've never had an imaginary friend...
but i was one once...
at least untill the kid figured out i wasn't really invisible

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#67730 - 12/07/99 01:28 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 05:16 PM)

Anonymous

#67731 - 12/07/99 06:20 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I think the best think one can do with rye is innoculate hay or straw with it. I have three casings of timothy cob hay colonizing right now. It's seems to be doing great so far. I also have two casings of regular pf cakes that I'm pinning right now. And I have about eight pints of bird seed pint jars that need to be cased. So far the only casings I've had contamination with were rye grain casings. Well let's hope these turn out like my first batch!!!! :smile:

------------------
He who controls the spice, controls the universe....

Anonymous

#67732 - 12/10/99 10:29 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Now, I've figured it out. Stamets states that rye grain casings are prone to green mold. Furthermore, slime mold thrives in a ph of 5.5-6.5 and is introduced through the peat. Next time I'll make sure I balance my ph right. Now, I've read where people have lost casings to green mold after the second or third flush. This is probably due to the casing becoming more acidic after each flush. Does anyone think that misting the casing with maybe lime water would prevent this?

------------------
He who controls the spice, controls the universe....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag