Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Ideal Casing Container
    #67719 - 12/06/99 06:51 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

It would be best if you used a black or non-transparent tray. That way the pins will grow towards the light, which of course is up, not down. Also, if you got green mold, it was probably in your casing from the start. Did you autoclave the casing before using it? I place my casing, fine sphagnum peat moss and vermiculite with a little limestone and oyster shell (50/50 plus tek), is a steele bowl and autoclave in my preasure canner. To date, I have never(knock on wood) lost any cakes or casing to contams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#67721 - 12/06/99 06:58 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I get the same green mold anytime I use any type of tupperwate, even though I have it vented. it never has worked for me yet.....
Best of Luck
Alaman

Anonymous

#67722 - 12/07/99 03:46 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

The clear container is placed inside another non-clear container to block off any light. The purpose of the clear container is so that you can take it out of the non-clear container to inspect the casing for any contams underneath and on the sides. One minute of light every couple of days won't be enough for pins to form.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds