Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefloppypeter
Stragler
 User Gallery

Floppypeter makes invitro easter eggs, sub to harvey
    #6762383 - 04/08/07 06:45 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The following story is fiction and all images were stolen from the web. That said, I took a brick of coir and mixed it with a gallon of 180 degree tap water. While it was soaking I threw in a table spoon of kelp powder, cottonseed flour, nutritional yeast, unsweetened coconut, bee pollen, flaxseed, and cornmeal. I hoped the nutes would get sucked deep into the coir .

Next I threw in 6 cups of medium grade verm . Following that a 1 gallon bag of pasteurized, composted, dehydrated, organic, "non-burning", premium bagged cow-poo. Stuff is magic really, keeps the green monster at bay and adds enough nutes to make boomers with caps the size of my fist. I have tried to work without the poo and it always, without fail, goes green. It doesn't have to be cow but IME poo is necessary for hardy sprinting mych.

Everything is mixed together open air by hand adding water or verm to get the correct texture. This is achieved for my purpose by hydrating a shade past field capacity . Hot tap water is used.

The container is something I've seen used here before, a salad bowl.

Holes are drilled around the perimeter of the bowl and around the cover of the bowl. The reason for 2 sets of holes will become obvious.

Add the sub to the bowl. Crumble and mix your spawn . Shape the sub into a concave shape. This form will harden up as the Mych starts to overtake the sub. Shape is one of the most important parts of this; spend a little extra time making sure that the bowls not to full of sub, that the hole in the sub is deep and in the center of the cake. This attention to detail will pay off later.

Once the sub is 100% colonized you flip the container over and poof , you have a cake in a Terrarium . The bottom is cup shaped to maximize fruiting area. Standard invitro neglect tek for 3 flushes.

This egg is 100% colonized and starting to knot

So, now we flip it over and wash the excess dirt,mych piss, away from the bowl

Nice and clean, the bowl top makes an excellent Terrarium . The side holes allow co2 out of the top and bottom fruiting areas of the bowl. This is where attention to shaping the sub when it was made pays off. If done correctly, there will be plenty of room for the sub to fruit on both the top and bottom of the cake. Overfull bowls can leave little room for the first flush but usually there's enough room for the second to not get so squished.

The above two pics show some severe Pinning , spawn is 1/2 quart of WBS strain is PR. For this strain it is necessary to inject 60 cc of water as needed as well as keeping proper humidity to support the heavy pin population.

The above pic is the "bottom of the cake" notice how its shaped to get more fruiting area. I'm experimenting to see how radical a shape the cake will allow.

This is the result of the first harvest, 200 wet grams
These bowls are stackable they take up very little space and seem to be pretty contam resistant given my filthy surroundings. Due to space vs. results outcomes, these cakes are fast replacing traditional trays in my fruiting chamber. I'm so happy I live in a country where this is legal. Thanks for reading.

Edited by floppypeter (04/08/07 06:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Re: Floppypeter makes invitro easter eggs, sub to harvey [Re: floppypeter]
    #6763099 - 04/08/07 09:59 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

That is probally the most kewl idea I have seen.. A round bottom bowl gives max area, and reduces those side pins that are a pain.

Very very kewl Idea +5 shroom to you.

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

Offlinefloppypeter
Stragler
 User Gallery

Re: Floppypeter makes invitro easter eggs, sub to harvey [Re: Grogan]
    #6763456 - 04/08/07 11:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

my very favorite part of this type of cake is that it fruits on all sides, a bowl in a bowl, only the edges of the fruiting cake touch the side of the container. no surface area wasted.

OfflineBlehMaestro
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6763599 - 04/09/07 12:50 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

That's badass man. Great idea.

++

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: Floppypeter makes invitro easter eggs, sub to harvey [Re: BlehMaestro]
    #6763637 - 04/09/07 01:05 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

how big is this bowl?

Offlinefloppypeter
Stragler
 User Gallery

Re: Floppypeter makes invitro easter eggs, sub to harvey [Re: usg543]
    #6764458 - 04/09/07 09:14 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

usg543 said:
how big is this bowl?

it's a salad bowl from the dollar store. bigger than a cereal bowl, smaller than a mixing bowl.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6764508 - 04/09/07 09:40 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Weird:whoah:

Offlinefloppypeter
Stragler
 User Gallery

Re: Floppypeter makes invitro easter eggs, sub to harvey [Re: Blutjager]
    #6767730 - 04/09/07 09:43 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Blutjager said:

How so ?

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6767847 - 04/09/07 10:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

floppypeter said:
Quote:

Blutjager said:

How so ?

I don't know it just is,I mean you don't see people fruiting in an upside down bowl all that often

Offlinefloppypeter
Stragler
 User Gallery

how different strains faired using easter egg TEK [Re: Grogan]
    #6780010 - 04/12/07 06:48 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

PR's
seem to give a flush of hundreds of small pins and 4 or 5 mature fruits, 120 grams wet average. Overlay was an issue had to score cakes for second flush.

B+ seem average potency at best and kick out 90 grams wet on average, they colonize and fruit in a week and a half, super fast, low yield. 1 or 2 huge shrooms a flush. no Overlay .

PESH, the undisputed winner, giving flushes from multispore WBS , 170 grams wet on average 6 or 7 huge fruits per cake.

Hillbilly, very contam resistant, 4 or 5 big fruits per flush, 120 grams per flush on average.

Soon to be reviewing PESA, GT, Ban Nathan

Right now, i'd like to try a cake the size of a birthday cake and fruit it in a cake cover, oh yeah and a traffic cone, I'd like to stuff a traffic cone full of sub and spawn and then flip it up side daown and spawn the cone that'd result, that'd be sick.

InvisibleTheEnd
Strange Daze

Re: how different strains faired using easter egg TEK [Re: floppypeter]
    #6780363 - 04/12/07 07:56 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

It's pretty cool what you did, but with the amount of substrate you probably use, wouldn't you get a lot better results just casing? I hate cakes though, so I might be a little biased... :sorry:

--------------------

InvisibleTheEnd
Strange Daze

Re: how different strains faired using easter egg TEK [Re: TheEnd]
    #6780379 - 04/12/07 07:59 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Hmmm...just gave you a rating, but I accidently made it a trade rating....shit.

--------------------

Offlinefloppypeter
Stragler
 User Gallery

#6780401 - 04/12/07 08:04 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Actually integra boy, if you figured out surface area available for fruiting vs. a traditonal flat tray using the same amount of sub the cakes give you about twice the fruiting surface area. Every side of the cake fruits, top, bottom, all sides. Only the top of a traditional sub casing fruits (1 of 6 sides). The amount of FAE is superior to a flattray, water does not pool or condense, contamination occurs less, again this is what works for me, your milage may vary.

InvisibleTheEnd
Strange Daze

Re: how different strains faired using easter egg TEK [Re: floppypeter]
    #6781747 - 04/13/07 02:16 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing...and I know that the points you brought up as far as surface area, FAE, and pooling water(although there should never be any pooling water if the casing is done correct). But the fact remains that there is more to a casing than just surface area and the amount of FAE it receives. Using the 50/50 method, theres the fact that there is the added peat moss which has benefitial nutrients, the added vermiculite to help retain water/moisture WITHOUT any pooling(again, if its done right). And if you do everything correctly, you have a better chance of a good pinset, where as with a cake, you don't really have any conrol over how it pins. Cakes are definitely a safe and easy way of doing it, but in the long run, casings are far superior.

Mileage may vary, but if you drive a hybrid you'll almost always go farther.:thumbup:

I'm curious. With only 10 posts(and I know posts can mean next to nothing sometimes), have you had any successful casings? Have you even tried them? Not bashing at all, I just think that if you haven't tried them, you definately should give it a shot. Yeah their more difficult, but not much, and the results are almost always worth it. Just gotta be more sterile about everything than with cakes.:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineflushme
Shroomery OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kazakhstan
    #6782147 - 04/13/07 07:11 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

awsome dude seems like u know what your doing and i like the info on ur experiments w other strains:thumbup: :getstoned:

--------------------
TRUST IN THE FLUSH

Take Salvia Cuttings Successfully

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates