Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDan
Re: alright, I have a SERIOUS problem here....
    #67453 - 12/03/99 01:53 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Do not birth any more cakes. That will only make matters worse. The cakes that are still in the jars are no problem to transport, just dont let them get too hot or cold. Now about the other cakes, I don't know what should be done. The main problems associated with transporting mycelium are temperature damage and shock. Temps can be helped by transporting in a cooler for insulation from the hot or cold, and it provides a dark box in which to promote continued vegetative stage. For the cakes already birthed, put each one in a bag, or other suitable container along with wetted vermiculite. The vermiculite will cusion against shock, and if you're lucky, even act as a casing layer adding moisture for the next time you fruit them. Just be sure not knock them around, or expose them to temperature extremes. When you get to where you are moving, just let them all sit ing the dark for a week or so to recooperate from any damage that may have occured during the trip. After that, you can fruit them, with little or no trouble. Your yeild on the "cased" cakes will even be increased by the added moisture provided by the wetted vermiculite. Good luck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: alright, I have a SERIOUS problem here.... [Re: Dan]
    #67455 - 12/03/99 03:01 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

hey, thanks for the baggie idea. That sounds great. Now I just have to figure out a place to grow once I get there....
but I have a few more questions: if there are pin heads on the cakes when it comes time to bag em' up, what should I do? Just sacrifice them for the greater good of the cake? And is there anyway I can store the mycelium for three weeks in the bags? That way I don't have to worry about mom finding some bloomin' shrooms around the house while I'm back. And can you refrigerate fruiting cakes for transportation? I have a miniature cooler that plugs into a car's cigarette lighter. I'm sure I could ghetto rig a transport chamber, I just need to know if refrigeration is bad.
Thanks again, Dan. So far the Shroomery has never let me down.

------------------
I took some shrooms,
they were good to me
but then my weed
fell into the sea

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag