Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSYLBM
Mind ExpansionEnthusiast
Male

Loc: TX
Baking San Pedro - initial cutting question
    #6745152 - 04/04/07 04:15 AM (17 years, 17 days ago)

The past 2 times I baked san pedro I just cut it into stars and it's taken 12 or so hours each time. Could I just cut the top 1/4 inch or so off and bake this? since I've read this is where most of the mescaline is?
I also must add that the 2 times I did it I did not trip, and was very dissapointed, and was wondering if it might be due to the fact that it spent so much time being heated(12 hours @250 F oven+heated alcohol extraction for 4-5 hours).
I know the white part of the cactus has some good stuff in it, but is it worth the extra cooking time? Especially since it's very hard for me to free up undetected oven-time(live with parents).
Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

--------------------
"I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it." - Mitch Hedberg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJohn0809
Sporehut King
Male

Re: Baking San Pedro - initial cutting question [Re: SYLBM]
    #6745283 - 04/04/07 06:45 AM (17 years, 17 days ago)

yea i would not use heat...Tery using the Grain alcohol extraction tek...Ive also heard U need atleast a 6" cutting to even feel the slightest of feelings

Js

of course a million replys will follow denouncing my posted teks..But im sure they work =)

--------------------
Check out my Site!

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#6745290 - 04/04/07 06:51 AM (17 years, 17 days ago)

Well cutting into thin star slices is going to be faster than a big chunk.

Maybe make a desiccant box (like you would dry shrooms)....

This would take a while but you wouldn't have to use the oven then.

Or just extract from the wet material.

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

InvisibleSYLBM
Mind ExpansionEnthusiast
Male

Re: Baking San Pedro - initial cutting question [Re: Schwip]
    #6745582 - 04/04/07 09:28 AM (17 years, 17 days ago)

i was thinking just go down the cactus vertically with a knife and cut about 1/4-1/3 inch deep, since I thought that was where the majority of the good stuff is.

--------------------
"I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it." - Mitch Hedberg

Offlinestrangladesh
masterOFpuppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here!
    #6745883 - 04/04/07 11:09 AM (17 years, 17 days ago)

what about star it up then dehydrate then powder then extract....

InvisibleSYLBM
Mind ExpansionEnthusiast
Male

Re: Baking San Pedro - initial cutting question [Re: strangladesh]
    #6745971 - 04/04/07 11:31 AM (17 years, 17 days ago)

i usually star it, bake it, powder it, extract. i don't know if i want to mess with a desiccant box, plus i've seen lots of people get mold leaving cut up cactus out to dry instead of baking it. i don't know about a desiccant box, i might have to look into it. i have some of those damp-rid moisture removers for my car, so maybe i'll check that out

--------------------

InvisibleSYLBM
Mind ExpansionEnthusiast
Male

#6745983 - 04/04/07 11:35 AM (17 years, 17 days ago)

to illustrate what i'm saying..

-borrowed from erowid

--------------------

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond
    #6746375 - 04/04/07 01:10 PM (17 years, 17 days ago)

Cut into thin stars and grab a needle and string. String up all the slices, passing the needle through each one near the tip of one of the points. Then double back and pass the thread through a second time. Doing this makes it so they don't all slide back together when you string them up. Hang the string horizontally somewhere with a fan blowing on them for good measure.

Also, there's mescaline all throughout the cactus. My advice is: don't waste any of it.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

InvisibleSYLBM
Mind ExpansionEnthusiast
Male

Re: Baking San Pedro - initial cutting question [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6746911 - 04/04/07 03:09 PM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Brewmaster said:
Cut into thin stars and grab a needle and string. String up all the slices, passing the needle through each one near the tip of one of the points. Then double back and pass the thread through a second time. Doing this makes it so they don't all slide back together when you string them up. Hang the string horizontally somewhere with a fan blowing on them for good measure.

Also, there's mescaline all throughout the cactus. My advice is: don't waste any of it.

i think just air-drying would take a bit too long, and would mold not be a problem?

--------------------

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

#6749543 - 04/05/07 06:42 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

I'm never in a great rush to dry cactus so this suits me fine. If I keep a fan on them they scab over real quick and never mold or rot.

I used to use my oven but it caused my gas bill to shoot up a few hundred dollars.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

InvisibleSYLBM
Mind ExpansionEnthusiast
Male

Re: Baking San Pedro - initial cutting question [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6750760 - 04/05/07 01:47 PM (17 years, 16 days ago)

jeez. must've been cooking a lot of cactus. a quick OT question-when you bake it in the oven, it always leaves an orange residue once the water that perspired evaporates. do you think it's worth scraping this up? I haven't the past 2 times, but I went ahead and did it this time since I figure it could have some goods in it.

--------------------

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

#6750827 - 04/05/07 02:10 PM (17 years, 16 days ago)

I know what you're tallking about but I doubt there's any amount of anything in there worth worrying about.

Smoke it to the face and see what happens!

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom