Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota
What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God?
    #6729860 - 03/30/07 10:25 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Satan has greatly deceived the world. The world is NOTHING like he has led us to believe. The bible's very existence is PROOF that Jesus of Nazareth is God. The world will make Satan their king. Satan will have authority over the whole world & proclaim himself as God. He will offer MANY signs, all of them FALSE. He will prey on the ignorance of mankind. He will try to kill the image of God & replace it with himself.

"So I tell you what has to happen for you to believe my children? A sign? If you are seeking a sign you are seeking the evil one for it is he who will give you the signs you seek so that you may believe. He has already tricked you into doubting me. I AM the only one who can save you. Come back to me my children before its to late."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Demotriton]
    #6729872 - 03/30/07 10:28 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm going to Disney World!  :dumblol:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #6729879 - 03/30/07 10:30 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
Satan has greatly deceived the world.

I can certainly see one person in this forum who's been decieved.

--------------------

OfflineWee
Stranger
Male

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Diploid]
    #6729884 - 03/30/07 10:34 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
I'm going to Disney World!  :dumblol:

:banana:

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Wee]
    #6729889 - 03/30/07 10:35 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Proof that Evangelists do more than Lay people.

OfflineFreeUrThoughts
Mindful Mantis
Male

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Silversoul]
    #6729901 - 03/30/07 10:40 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Here's more food for thought for those who believe in the bible...

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely...
He who controls the present, conquers the future; He who conquers the future, controls the past...

If god is infinitely powerful, that would mean he would be infinitely corrupt. And what if Lucifer, the greatest of gods angels, tried to right these wrongs and was cast into hell? God had won, the scriptures tell of His word. It is He who tells us that Lucifer was the one of evil ambition, yet how do we know? We can't because God has won and controls what we know.

So, would going to Hell actually be so bad? If Lucifer were to be righting the wrong of a corrupt being, would the domain he was cast into, and harbors all the sinning souls, be what we are told? Or would he try to create what heaven should be?

BB,
Free Ur Thoughts

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: FreeUrThoughts]
    #6729912 - 03/30/07 10:45 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

1 John 2:22
who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist the one that denies the father & the son.

OfflineFreeUrThoughts
Mindful Mantis
Male

#6729933 - 03/30/07 10:52 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist the one that denies the father & the son.

This goes about the idea of us being the sheep and Jesus the Shepard. Well, we were given the ability to think for ourselves. Through being given this gift of sentient thought we have done good and we have done bad. However, being a sheep means giving up the gift of sentience. Therein lies the hypocrisy: We are given the gift of sentience and are told not to think for ourselves. Also, who are we to deny ourselves a gift from the all-knowing and all-powerful? If he never wanted us to be more than sheep, he shouldn't have bestowed us with such a wondrous gift.

BB,
Free Ur Thoughts

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #6730016 - 03/30/07 11:16 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:

Heyyy, isn't that some kind of metaphysical nepotism? Frankly, unless you include the Holy Mother, I'm not going to give much credence to your patriarchal Godhead. The books that were chosen for the canonical Bible were chosen by patriarchal, misogynistic and in all probability homosexual males whose legacy is evident in the Roman Catholic Church to this day (not to mention prominent televangelists).

Don't believe everything you read there Rube. You're giving way too much trust to the corrupt men who selected those words and who rejected others that would have lent balance with an opposite perspective. BTW, Jesus and Paul were BOTH in error about the immanence of the Apocalypse, if indeed they were actually referring to historical events instead of talking metaphorically and symbolically about one's inner state of being lived in the Eternal Present instead of time. Perhaps you haven't contemplated this as a real possibility. Perhaps you have no comprehension of what I am saying. Perhaps you too are a computer-generated program who cannot grok human organicity, synchronicity, simultaneity, and spontaneity. Neither could The Architect in 'The Matrix,' the Gnostic Demiurge, the Blakeian 'Nobodaddy.'

'Christianity Must Change, or Die' - John Shelby Spong

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6730047 - 03/30/07 11:27 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Invisiblespiritualemerg
Stranger

#6730094 - 03/30/07 11:38 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm up with the validity. It's the editors and the sheer humanity I'm iffy about. I'm also not big on those literal interpretations. I think Christ is the equivalent of a redemptive function, a symbol so to speak of a possibility that is inherent in us all -- on that much, we're probably in agreement. Where we may be in disagreement is that I also believe that different cultures have different symbols, not to mention -- different editors.

Music of the Hour: Down With the Sickness [CAUTION: Graphic Content]

--------------------
~ Kindness is cheap.  It's unkindness that always demands the highest price.

Blogs: Spiritual Emergency | Spiritual Recovery | Voices of Recovery | A Jungian Approach to Psychosis

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: spiritualemerg]
    #6730115 - 03/30/07 11:43 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Does there need to be anymore proof?

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/jesusgd2.htm

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #6730140 - 03/30/07 11:49 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I know all about the protection clauses that were introduced, pronouncing anyone anathema who adds or detracts from the canon (I earned a Master of Theological Studies degree from a reputable United Methodist seminary at Drew University, plus 29 years of post-Masters pondering). Can I hear you say: "What if?" just one time? You can do it! Imagine you've been hoodwinked like the majority of Humankind by a publication forged of many corrupt agendas. Multiple authors who go by the name of Paul (either that or one man with a Dissociative Disorder, formerly Multiple Personality Disorder). Book burnings?! Later, possession of scriptures resulted in the death penalty! For God sakes man, take off your blinders! The sky will not fall!

Heresy-hunters like Irenaeus, Hippolytus, Tertullian (who was later declared a Montanist heretic himself) set the stage for centuries of pure evil: persecutions, crusades, witch hunts, the Inquisition. These are a huge part of Christian history which based its justifications on the canon, and which are NOT Christian at all! None of it! Furthermore, you or anyone else cannot simply rationalize these things away. Christianity requires radical reformulation since it is painfully obvious that its institutional form does not work and never has. Only a few, essentially invisible Christians have ever understood and lived The Way.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6730195 - 03/31/07 12:04 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

1 Thessalonians 5:2
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Revelation 3:3
Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Did you actually think you would know?

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery

Loc: lazy river road
    #6730220 - 03/31/07 12:14 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Yeah, I know all about the protection clauses that were introduced, pronouncing anyone anathema who adds or detracts from the canon (I earned a Master of Theological Studies degree from a reputable United Methodist seminary at Drew University, plus 29 years of post-Masters pondering). Can I hear you say: "What if?" just one time? You can do it! Imagine you've been hoodwinked like the majority of Humankind by a publication forged of many corrupt agendas. Multiple authors who go by the name of Paul (either that or one man with a Dissociative Disorder, formerly Multiple Personality Disorder). Book burnings?! Later, possession of scriptures resulted in the death penalty! For God sakes man, take off your blinders! The sky will not fall!

Heresy-hunters like Irenaeus, Hippolytus, Tertullian (who was later declared a Montanist heretic himself) set the stage for centuries of pure evil: persecutions, crusades, witch hunts, the Inquisition. These are a huge part of Christian history which based its justifications on the canon, and which are NOT Christian at all! None of it! Furthermore, you or anyone else cannot simply rationalize these things away. Christianity requires radical reformulation since it is painfully obvious that its institutional form does not work and never has. Only a few, essentially invisible Christians have ever understood and lived The Way.

I like how he just skipped over this post and will never answer it.

Demotriton: Can you speak like a normal human being and not a preacher. Do you talk like that with your friends? You sound like your possesed by the devil. How do you know the devil isnt possesing you and tricking you to believe that he is god?

Can you please answer these questions for me? If you do I'll go to church.

And read the quote in my signature, it may help you.

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

Edited by hot48yearolds (03/31/07 12:17 AM)

Offlinearyah
Stranger

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: hot48yearolds]
    #6730397 - 03/31/07 01:07 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Ill likely cheerfully welcome my new demonic overlords :smile: Even a Satan would be preferable to 'christian' conservative politicians :smile:

Quote:

Satan will have authority over the whole world & proclaim himself as God.

something like Alexander the Great then. So he'll be a glorious leader it would seem, for only the greatest kings get to become Gods on earth. Well he can count on my vote then.

Edited by aryah (03/31/07 01:41 AM)

Invisiblespiritualemerg
Stranger

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: aryah]
    #6730586 - 03/31/07 02:31 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

MarkostheGnostic: unless you include the Holy Mother, I'm not going to give much credence to your patriarchal Godhead.

But of course -- Christos is the redemptive function for the feminine; Sophia serves in the same role for the masculine.

Quote:

Stanzas Of The Soul

1. One dark night,
fired with love's urgent longings
- ah, the sheer grace! -
I went out unseen,
my house being now all stilled.

2. In darkness, and secure,
by the secret ladder, disguised,
- ah, the sheer grace! -
in darkness and concealment,
my house being now all stilled.

3. On that glad night,
in secret, for no one saw me,
nor did I look at anything,
with no other light or guide
than the one that burned in my heart.

4. This guided me
more surely than the light of noon
to where he was awaiting me
- him I knew so well -
there in a place where no one appeared.

5. O guiding night!
O night more lovely than the dawn!
O night that has united
the Lover with his beloved,
transforming the beloved in her Lover.

6. Upon my flowering breast
which I kept wholly for him alone,
there he lay sleeping,
and I caressing him
there in a breeze from the fanning cedars.

7. When the breeze blew from the turret,
as I parted his hair,
it wounded my neck
with its gentle hand,
suspending all my senses.

8. I abandoned and forgot myself,
laying my face on my Beloved;
all things ceased; I went out from myself,
leaving my cares
forgotten among the lilies.

Source: The Dark Night of the Soul

Music of the Hour: Be

--------------------
~ Kindness is cheap.  It's unkindness that always demands the highest price.

Blogs: Spiritual Emergency | Spiritual Recovery | Voices of Recovery | A Jungian Approach to Psychosis

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #6730716 - 03/31/07 03:26 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The onliest human. who proclaims he is GOD is the antichrist. Why do you think Jesus never proclaimed to be GOD ?
That's what others did and immediately fall into the trap of SATAN. Those who proclaim Jesus as GOD worship SATAN, in fact.
Christ and GOD are two different shoes !

Interesting lecture on the historical undermining of the christian church:
http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=4774360285024764342&q=secret

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlinearyah
Stranger

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #6730751 - 03/31/07 03:44 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

BlueCoyote said:
The onliest human. who proclaims he is GOD is the antichrist. Why do you think Jesus never proclaimed to be GOD ?
That's what others did and immediately fall into the trap of SATAN. Those who proclaim Jesus as GOD worship SATAN, in fact.
Christ and GOD are two different shoes !

Interesting lecture on the historical undermining of the christian church:
http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=4774360285024764342&q=secret

oh, people often proclaim themselves god, powerfull people did that throuought millenia even during their life. Nothing wrong with that, its even sensible when the concept of god was not extremely abstract as today.

Offlinelobotomix
Stranger

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: aryah]
    #6730792 - 03/31/07 04:41 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

hello demotrition...

i'm not a church or religion man, and i respect what you are doing.
i decide not to believe any of it, but i know that everything is possible.... so i'll never say that the antichrist/armageddon thing talked about in the bible is false.

if "satan" will problaim himself as "god", and they make all people "worship satan"..... i'm probably going to make sure i have a knife or some poison with me at all times.
so i can kill myself before they get their hands on me to torture me, just because i am a man of love :tongue:

peace to all believers and not-believers

Edited by lobotomix (03/31/07 04:44 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom