Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJon

Am I a nerd for thinking liquid popping came from acid?
    #6716631 - 03/27/07 02:03 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Am I the only one that has some sticky impenetrable elastic substance that connects the fingers from both of my hands on acid? And for some reason, to 4/4 beats you can wind the elastic substance to a tight wire and create boxes and other shapes moving your arms in the strangest but most precise ways possible? And then you can wind your hands around backwards and make the tight elastic substance loose, then the tips of your hands become locked together but move very freely in the most perfect wave? I am only explaining a fraction of what acid seems to do to me in terms of moving my body in strange ways, but ever since my trip, I have become addicted to doing this stupid dance. I tend to just do the wave thing when im bored (too often), but people seem to find it very distracting and strange. I feel like during my acid trip, I was given some sort of a gift that I could keep forever, and the gifts seem to get better everytime.

I am wondering if there is a connection between acid and liquid popping, watching youtube videos, it seems to revolve around rules of creating an imaginary substance that behaves a certain way. I feel that my acid experience made the liquid popping concepts more realistic and almost mandatory, making it incredibly fun and also making its acquisition one of my priorities. Would there be liquid popping without lsd, or am I just a newb?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedalmonk
Stranger
Re: Am I a nerd for thinking liquid popping came from acid? [Re: Jon]
    #6717423 - 03/27/07 06:55 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I really enjoy liquiding myself and also have noticed that my abilities are enhanced or I am more able to comprehend new moves while under the influence of mushrooms and to a lesser extent marijuana. I tend to feel more free flowing with my movement and less likely to over-analyze what I'm doing. That being said I don't think that this style of dance necessarily originated through the consumption of hallucinogens though it certainly could have expanded through such usage.

Here's an example since I doubt many people know what you're talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgRhI007dO8

There are numerous different styles of liquiding, gliding, popping/locking and everyone's styles differ.

InvisibleIndividual
Bass Addict
Male User Gallery

Loc: Reality Loophole
Re: Am I a nerd for thinking liquid popping came from acid? [Re: dalmonk]
    #6717622 - 03/27/07 07:38 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Once tripping I climbed down from a cabin in top of a tree about 5 meters high in 10 secs. I was like animal. My movements were so fast and precise. I wasn't even thinking of climbing, just on random things.

My friends in other hand were very unstable and couldn't climb at all. It took about 10 minutes for them to get down.

That time was very annoying.

--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               

OfflineFiblessop
Stranger

Re: Am I a nerd for thinking liquid popping came from acid? [Re: Individual]
    #6717771 - 03/27/07 08:03 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

thanks for posting the vid.

how come ive never heard of liquid popping, looks sick:eek:

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Am I a nerd for thinking liquid popping came from acid? [Re: Fiblessop]
    #6717837 - 03/27/07 08:14 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You will see that at most phish shows. String cheese...lol
Only a select few do it.
The newest thing at string cheese shows was a hula-hoop area.
Yes a hula hoop area.............................................

I prefer to sit/stand and listen with a slight body groove that comes natural to me.

I dance like im playing an insturment, possibly because Im a musician who plays psychedelic music. Thats just how I stay true to what I want out of listening to music. Totally uncontrived.

A funny side note:
I used to know a girl who would just do that randomly when listening to music..baked, and was very bad at it. We never laughed at her but the memory is still very funny.
That guy on the other hand has put alot of thought into it, and can probably truely groove with the music while doing that.

Its a trippy art form for sure.
I like it.

That dude can dance aswell though.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (03/27/07 08:25 PM)

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Am I a nerd for thinking liquid popping came from acid? [Re: Fiblessop]
    #6717852 - 03/27/07 08:17 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

never even knew it existed and thats exactly how i dance on psychs...creepy

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Am I a nerd for thinking liquid popping came from acid? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6717897 - 03/27/07 08:24 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Funny how people seem to do the same things with their hands.

Just look back to the Richard Pryor standup joke about Taking lsd.

He says, "look, I can catch my hand" and then proceeds to do the same shit. Early 70's..............

He also said at the end of that particulare long set of psychedelic jokes, "Oh no I forgot how to breath" and then starts moving his jaw and making a hilarious sucking sound............

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineeastuvdariver
Stranger thanwho?

Loc: birdhouse in your soul
Re: Am I a nerd for thinking liquid popping came from acid? [Re: yageman]
    #6719317 - 03/28/07 08:38 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

jon, you are going to carry this gift/curse with you forever.

everytime a beat catches your ear for the rest of your life you are going to have an uncontrollable urge to move to it.

my friends have been distracted and stranged by my popping for ten plus years now. it doesn't go away, sometimes you dance less, sometimes more, but its always there. you're stuck with it man, welcome to my world.

BTW, the asian kid on the train in the youtube has excellent footwork.

--------------------
DISCLAIMER: anything posted by ME are strictly the opinions of ME and does not reflect the opinions of friends,family,affiliates,etc. of ME. the opinions of ME may not apply to you, it may not apply to ME next week or tommorow as the opinions of ME reserve the right to be changed at anytime.

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: Am I a nerd for thinking liquid popping came from acid? [Re: eastuvdariver]
    #6719642 - 03/28/07 10:34 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i see the elastic stuff that is inbetween fingers, imo it doesnt just hold fingers, its like fractal webbing that keeps everytbhing in the universe together!!!!!!!! heavy

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: Am I a nerd for thinking liquid popping came from acid? [Re: LedHead]
    #6720042 - 03/28/07 12:35 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

go to a rave... there will be a lot of people dancing liquid

There are some pretty talented people though...my body just doesnt move like that lol Pretty cool stuff to watch though. Especially when its some hot female dancing around in front of you.

Note: If you are at a rave, and someone is dancing harcore liquid...dont look into their eyes. Unless of course you want a new close personal friend.

OfflineYayitsme
10-56
Male

Re: Am I a nerd for thinking liquid popping came from acid? [Re: dedjam]
    #6723658 - 03/29/07 08:41 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

hahaha

--------------------
He aint got a cent, supposed to go to management but he spent it getting bent.

OfflineJon

Re: Am I a nerd for thinking liquid popping came from acid? [Re: Yayitsme]
    #6724704 - 03/29/07 02:05 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Wow this is really cool, I didnt know there were others out there with the same groove as me, some of you never knew it existed. In my opinion, it just gets me high when I do it, I feel like im doing tai chi because I seem to breath with the music too (not in a dangerous way), and I end up feeling the magnetic energy kinda thing between my hands and it just gets better and better the more my motions agree with whatever I was thinking. Sure passes time but wastes it too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds