Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
I feel like I'm missing something.
    #6706411 - 03/24/07 01:18 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Then it hit me, this not the end or the beginning, it's somewhere in between. Life will exist after I die. But will I exist? So I started thinking will I ever return to this place. Then I went blank and now it's like i'm missing something.

I feel like i'm not important in this world, that I should seek some kind of importance in what I do. I'm currently in school and it's not that I don't feel like i'm wasting my time. But i'll be working a full job soon after i graduate.

Am I even ready for this full time job and making lots of money so I can buy tons of stuff, like a house, cars, and other things?

Or do I want to go back to where I was a few years ago. When I wanted to travel to thailand, the brazilian rainforest and so on and so forth.

I feel like i'm missing something.

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: I feel like I'm missing something. [Re: Droz]
    #6706433 - 03/24/07 01:31 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

I feel like i'm not important in this world, that I should seek some kind of importance in what I do.

Youre not important...and for your own sake...never seek to be so.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6706478 - 03/24/07 01:49 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Do you wanna have a full time-job and make lots of money? Or is it because you know you're somehow pushed into it because it's just "the next step" that everybody does? You shouldn't do it just because you feel like you're being forced into that.
Take your time to reflect on this, where would having a full time job and making a lot of money lead you? Will it be somewhere that would make you feel happy and accomplished? If it is, then perhaps that's what's right for you, of not then try to find something that you think could make you happy.
Our mind changes all the time and what once couldn't work for us, some other time it could. I've gone through that too and finally came to some conclusions, it's not like I really really know what I will do in the future ( and the reason if that is because I became aware of the futility of making long-term plans ) but now at least I know what I don't want, which came as a great relief for me since it saves me from a lot of shit and confusion.
Till you find out something that could determine your future try to follow your instinct, it always works :smile:.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #6706505 - 03/24/07 02:04 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

You have touched on something basic to our existence. It seems that we are not unimportant, but are no more important than anything else. Many humans find this quite disturbing. So they build tall buildings with their name on them or try for male children to carry on their name. But the bottom line is we all become dust in a moment and even our loved ones forget or pass away themselves. We are only important to ourselves.  Admitting this is important to enjoying life IMO. You are here and you have the ability or choice to be fully in this moment and to live for the things that make you happy. But you can't take it with you. What ever it is you want will not wait for you. Try and do it if you can or accept something else. In the end even that will not matter.:heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: I feel like I'm missing something. [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6706506 - 03/24/07 02:05 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

you wrote unfavorably about money making, i think you want people to tell you to go Thailand.

Just realize that you can be homeless and still be happy, so treat life as a complete dream where you are capable of whatever you wish to do, and then work on doing it.

Otherwise you won't shake the feeling of inadequacy, of settling.

If your dream is to have a nice car, a nice house, a nice family, lots of money, and your only goals for working involve accumulations of pieces of paper, then go for it.

But if you find what you love to do and do it you will be more rewarded in the short and long and middle runs, honestly.

I could fancy a nice house with a lot of beautiful land and a garden and such........ I could fancy being a monk. What I can't fancy is being a consumer and just settling for going through the meat grinder (college, education system, work system, retirement system, etc) just because they tell me to.

yet i am...........
yet i am.............
i'm looking for a kindred spirit that shares my drives of wanting to flee the "system" so that we can embark on a journey together... go to another country a while, live out in the desert, or who knows what, but that's my vision for now.

i figure that it may become inevitable that i will have to embark somewhere personally, if no where other than to find a monastery to spend some time in.

watch the film "Off the Map" to me that is how we should live.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (03/24/07 02:07 PM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: I feel like I'm missing something. [Re: leery11]
    #6706536 - 03/24/07 02:19 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
you wrote unfavorably about money making, i think you want people to tell you to go Thailand.

I didn't write unfavorably about money making, this, as anything else can be used both ways: to make you happy or miserable.
Nevertheless, most people I know decide on taking a job and making lots of money because they think "it's the right thing to do". Because that's what everybody else does and because they feel they're been expected to do so. Ob because, just like Icelander stated earlier, it makes us feel important.
And I think none of these are good reasons to make that kind of choice.

Btw, I'll check that movie out :smile:.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Invisibletoastdth
strangest
    #6706670 - 03/24/07 03:01 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

I was in a similar situation a year ago, when i rejected religion and faith. I was emotionally and psychologically lost for a time, but eventually found meaning and a great deal of answers from Nietzsche's philosophy.

If you are atheist, then maybe Nietzsche's thoughts may provide a fresh perspective into the world through that window.

Hunter S. Thompson said something in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas that Nietzsche would have approved of, sans the god part:
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: I feel like I'm missing something. [Re: Icelander]
    #6706777 - 03/24/07 03:39 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

What ever it is you want will not wait for you.

Agreed. The most crucial moment in your life is the one you face now.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: I feel like I'm missing something. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6706917 - 03/24/07 04:26 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

There is only one moment we truly have, and that is this one. All the others are fantasies.

Invisibleadrug

Re: I feel like I'm missing something. [Re: Veritas]
    #6707035 - 03/24/07 05:10 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

But what about THIS one?! :smirk:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: I feel like I'm missing something. [Re: adrug]
    #6707046 - 03/24/07 05:13 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

It's always THIS one :smile:.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Invisibletoastdth
strangest
    #6707091 - 03/24/07 05:28 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

There's actually been a couple observations regarding light and data that suggest things might exist a distance into the future and into the past, as if there is some sort of physical size to objects in time.

However, these experiments related to time aren't being funded to the degree high power particle physics are, so I doubt we'll see any interesting stuff come out of it for some time. A shame really, as time is something that is far more relevant to the average person.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#6712085 - 03/26/07 06:13 AM (17 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

leery11 said:

I didn't write unfavorably about money making, this, as anything else can be used both ways: to make you happy or miserable.
Nevertheless, most people I know decide on taking a job and making lots of money because they think "it's the right thing to do". Because that's what everybody else does and because they feel they're been expected to do so. Ob because, just like Icelander stated earlier, it makes us feel important.

I meant Droz when I said "you" sorry

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

the answer to this in short is.. [Re: Droz]
    #6712089 - 03/26/07 06:20 AM (17 years, 7 days ago)

that one must rediscover the child within, and take care of it, and be friends with it.
this is even more important than the incompleteness we feel
as one half of a sexual unit.
others are faced with the same.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: I feel like I'm missing something. [Re: leery11]
    #6712112 - 03/26/07 07:09 AM (17 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

leery11 said:

I meant Droz when I said "you" sorry

No problem :thumbup:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: the answer to this in short is.. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6712123 - 03/26/07 07:28 AM (17 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
that one must rediscover the child within, and take care of it, and be friends with it.
this is even more important than the incompleteness we feel
as one half of a sexual unit.
others are faced with the same.

children don't care about sex, do they.... they also have a tendency to feel complete.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: the answer to this in short is.. [Re: leery11]
    #6712133 - 03/26/07 07:32 AM (17 years, 7 days ago)

our identities are fluid, in flux, I only bring it up
as locking out the child portion is accidental cruelty.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6712286 - 03/26/07 09:17 AM (17 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Droz said:
I feel like i'm not important in this world, that I should seek some kind of importance in what I do. I'm currently in school and it's not that I don't feel like i'm wasting my time. But i'll be working a full job soon after i graduate.

Only look to lead your life by your own standard of success, importance, etc. You know who you are, and you know that you can change if you make the decision to do so. So consciously realize who you are and who you might wish to become, and engage in doing so.

Forget about any external standards as far as this is concerned. :grin:

Quote:

Am I even ready for this full time job and making lots of money so I can buy tons of stuff, like a house, cars, and other things?

Go for it, man. Start generating some income. If we were alive thousands of years ago we would be hunting and gathering. Its a necessary aspect of our survival, and its an opportunity to build skills and to develop ourselves. Case in point: When I was younger, I was very shy around most people and would often be uncomfortable around lots of people. Now I work directly with a lot of people, with hundreds and hundreds of different people walking through the whole time. Everything is an opportunity for growth, and a career offers a lot of this opportunity while sustaining your continued existance. :wink:

Quote:

Or do I want to go back to where I was a few years ago. When I wanted to travel to thailand, the brazilian rainforest and so on and so forth.

Why not both? You'll need income for traveling anyways.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: I feel like I'm missing something. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6713863 - 03/26/07 06:40 PM (17 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

Go for it, man. Start generating some income. If we were alive thousands of years ago we would be hunting and gathering. Its a necessary aspect of our survival, and its an opportunity to build skills and to develop ourselves. Case in point: When I was younger, I was very shy around most people and would often be uncomfortable around lots of people. Now I work directly with a lot of people, with hundreds and hundreds of different people walking through the whole time. Everything is an opportunity for growth, and a career offers a lot of this opportunity while sustaining your continued existance. :wink:

To temper this, remember, you are your own master. A full time job is not the only way to fulfil your potential and develop. It may be the most immediately available to you and the easiest, but try and think beyond this, at least for a moment of brief consideration before you plunge forever into the 9-5 :wink:

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom