Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineQDP843
Entrepreneur

Loc: SOUTHERN
ORGANIC COW MANURE COMPOST FERTILIZER
    #6703998 - 03/23/07 06:31 PM (17 years, 4 hours ago)

Hello family.

I have a question.

I use to think ( way back in the day) that all shrooms came for cow manure in the wild.

I was suprised when I learn the truth.

So my question is,

can you use "ORGANIC COW MANURE COMPOST FERTILIZER"

as a casing layer ?

basically, could you break up your cakes, then put some on top of it and thats it?

or do you need more stuff.

i don't want to post a link because it's not a sponser and i don't want to break any rules.

here is a description though if it helps.

Sold in 5lb bags, we are selling this non-burning organic composted cow manure. Made in VERMONT and cured for over 6 months, this compost is a great top dressing for house plants or small gardens because it will improve your existing soil structure when mixed with your present soil.

NO SEWAGE OR MUNICIPAL SLUDGE

MATURE COMPOST

HOLDS MOISTURE & SOIL ORGANISMS

GREAT FOR MULCH

ADDS ORGANIC MATTER & NUTRIENTS

GREAT FOR SANDY OR CLAY SOILS

Minimum Guaranteed Analysis:

Nitrogen (N) 0.5%

Available Phosphate (P2O5) 0.3%
Soluble Potash (K2) 0.5%
Organic Matter 50%

is there anything else in there that would hurt my shroomys?

I'm new to casing and I know when I cased I had two bags of diffrent things. "Catalyst" and "Casing Layer"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: ORGANIC COW MANURE COMPOST FERTILIZER [Re: QDP843]
    #6704090 - 03/23/07 07:08 PM (17 years, 4 hours ago)

Manure is a substrate material and not suitable for casing. Bagged composted cow manure is available in 40 lb bags at any hometown nursery so don't waste your money getting a 5 lb bag mailed to you from somebody that simply gets a $4 bag at the nursery and divides it up.

I've used it many times as part of my substrate mix. It should be mixed with something to fluff it up such as coir, verm, or horse manure because composted cow manure can tend to pack down, which makes it hard for the mycelium to colonize.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix