Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMushouse
Mycomancer

Mutant Mushrooms
    #6701212 - 03/22/07 10:01 PM (17 years, 1 day ago)

A very interesting thing: I have witnessed the life and death of two oddly formed mushroom brothers. I hope that their children will turn out just like them -- which is to say, I hope their spores will produce mutants like them.

Two brown rice flour cakes, inoculated with Treasure Coast strain, crumbled into a plastic tub. Once the mycelium was able to reunite the cake chunks, the tub was upturned and emptied; two cakes became one.

Fruiting chamber humidified by perlite and fanned by hand three times a day. Cake injected with water a couple of times, whenever the fruits appeared dry. The two original cakes were dunked, and the unified single cake was dunked before being placed in the fruiting chamber.

During the second flush, while the other mushrooms were growing normally, two of them were like something I hadn’t seen or heard of before. I’m afraid I didn’t get a picture of them at that point, but I think I can explain them pretty well:

Their stems were of normal diameter and height, but their caps were very tiny, as if they hadn’t grown a bit since when they were pinheads. Imagine a normal sized mushroom, except it narrows to a point where a tiny, unopened cap sits.

Within six hours, they went from as described above to being what you will see in these pictures:

Mutant 1

Mutant 2

Here is an example mushroom from the rest of the flush, average size:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSebastian23
Stranger
Male

Loc: Bay
Re: Mutant Mushrooms [Re: Mushouse]
    #6701357 - 03/22/07 10:50 PM (17 years, 1 day ago)

Mutants 1 and 2 generally resemble the fruiting bodies of Cordyceps lloydii... But it obviously couldn't be as the C. lloydii is exponentially smaller...almost microscopic. Also, the caps of the C. loydii are typically more concave. Cool mushrooms!

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment
with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp
it was written on."
-Terence McKenna
Marijuana Myths Debunked

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies