Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTerrarium_Guy
Sensei

Loc: ...beyond the sun...
A casing hydration question for Anno
    #669413 - 06/09/02 01:44 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Anno,
I have been a follower of yours for over a year now. I have always found your tips to be straightforward and accurate.

My question is regarding hydrating casings throughout the growing cycle. I have been afraid to directly mist casings while I am initiating pinning or during fruiting. So I have been using spent syringes to place the water where I see no mycelium or hyphal knots so I don't do any damage. I read some previous posts from you about how important it is to keep water available. What is your opinion on this matter, how would you do it?

Casings are 50/50, EQ strain.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineindicaz
Lysol God
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Chair
Re: A casing hydration question for Anno [Re: Terrarium_Guy]
    #669421 - 06/09/02 02:08 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

get humidifier...... solved a whole lot of problems for me.
Misting with a hand held sprayer for me was not good because the
water droplets from the spray were tooo big... Now Im using a ultrasonic cool mist humidifier..... seems to work better, im finally seeing knots...

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: A casing hydration question for Anno [Re: Terrarium_Guy]
    #669787 - 06/09/02 09:03 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>I have been afraid to directly mist casings while I am
>initiating pinning or during fruiting.

You don?t have to be.
Misting is necessary if you want to have propper flushes.
Misting with a fine spray won?t harm the pins.

Quote from this FAQ:
http://shroomery.org/faq/faq.php?display=faq&nr=59&catnr=4&prog=1&lang=en&onlynewfaq=1
Question: Will misting casing cause pins to abort?
Answer: No, gently misting the casing won?t make pins to abort. The rule is to never water the casing heavy so that it is really wet but mist it gently from time to time so the casing remains moist all the time. The keyword is moist.
Heavy watering could harm the pins and it will also seal the casing surface and make the conditions less favorable for the mushroom formation. But misting is OK and necessary. Try not to mist the bigger mushrooms directly since this can cause mushroom rot. At this stage try to mist the casing surface between them, although a few drops directly on the mushrooms won?t do any harm.

Also from this FAQ:
http://shroomery.org/faq/faq.php?display=faq&nr=56&catnr=4&prog=1&lang=en&onlynewfaq=1
"At this time, if the casing layer seems dry, you *lightly* mist the casing layer with water. Not too much: otherwise fragile mycelial strands can die. The casing should remain moist but not wet."

InvisibleTerrarium_Guy
Sensei

Loc: ...beyond the sun...
Re: A casing hydration question for Anno [Re: Anno]
    #669938 - 06/09/02 11:35 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Anno. I appreciate the help!

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale