Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

summer festivals
    #6679580 - 03/17/07 09:29 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

what are your plans?

i just got a ticket to wakarusa, anyone been in the past? i really want to hear about the scene, i'm a little freaked out by aninator's review saying the vibe is shitty/non-existent, and the law enforcement presence is way too noticeable. i don't want to have to look over my shoulder every time i smoke a bowl.

anyone have any good experiences at waka to share?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: summer festivals [Re: Hendostan]
    #6679601 - 03/17/07 09:37 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

I dont know man.. I've only heard shitty shitty things about Waka.... mostly the six-up presence... heads getting busted before they even GET there. Bunk all over the place, drainbows and custies.... cops patrolling THROUGH the campgrounds, going through people's tents.. people getting busted left and right. It's bad juju man.. I would never go. I mean don't let me stop you.. I've never personally been but this is what I've heard from people that have gone the past 3 years. It's just a bad bad scene man.

For me this year is festival madness. Three shroomery gatherings and probably 5 or 6 other fests. AZ gathering to kick it off, All Good, Bonnaroo, NE Gathering, Blue Ridge Harvest Fest, Smilefest.. Gathering of the Vibes.. and possibly a few other small ones. This summer is going to be insane.

oh and you missed this - http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6670821/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: summer festivals [Re: Shroomism]
    #6679633 - 03/17/07 09:52 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

man, that seriously bums me out. i even set my mood to 'excited' because i just purchased my ticket. maybe i'll sell it and try to get to bonnaroo. fuck
the line-up was just so irresistable

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6679646 - 03/17/07 09:58 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Yeah I hear you.. but no lineup is worth being harassed for 3 days straight imo.
Man if you want to go to a badass fest that's not as massive as roo.. check out All Good in WV.. guaranteed good time. And check out the lineup - http://www.allgoodfestival.com/ Usually less than ~10,000 people there. In early years I went there was probably more like 900. No dready feddies fucking with anyone here. And that lineup is probably just as good if not better than Waka -

Bob Weir & RatDog
moe. (plus late night All Good All-Star Jam hosted by moe.)
Keller Williams
Michael Franti and Spearhead
Les Claypool
Yonder Mountain String Band
STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9) (late night set)
Lotus
Tea Leaf Green
Perpetual Groove
AOD (Assembly of Dust)
PBS (Porter, Batiste, Stoltz)
Soldiers of Jah Army (SOJA)
New Monsoon
Will Hoge
West Indian Girl
Lovewhip
More TBA

I mean pretty much all the big names playing at Waka will also be at either All Good or Bonnaroo.. or both. Except Widespread.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#6679657 - 03/17/07 10:03 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

yeah, i've heard that's a good one. i have a good friend in wv. summercamp looks good also, and one of my friend's band (public property) is playing.
i was really looking forward to p-groove cause i haven't seen them yet. and lotus is one of my newest favorites.
ah well, damn this police state!
thanks for the info....
anyone actually attend waka? i'd like to hear some firsthand experiences. have the cops been mainly in the campgrounds only? or does it spill over into the concert area? cause that would seal the deal for me, no fucking way i'm putting up with that.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#6679661 - 03/17/07 10:05 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

wow, i replied before i saw you put the line up there.

damn.....

anyone want a wakarusa ticket?

OfflinechemiKalz
u r tripp0r?
Male

Loc: upstate ny
    #6679669 - 03/17/07 10:08 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Yeah I hear you.. but no lineup is worth being harassed for 3 days straight imo.
Man if you want to go to a badass fest that's not as massive as roo.. check out All Good in WV.. guaranteed good time. And check out the lineup - http://www.allgoodfestival.com/ Usually less than ~10,000 people there. In early years I went there was probably more like 900. No dready feddies fucking with anyone here. And that lineup is probably just as good if not better than Waka -

Bob Weir & RatDog
moe. (plus late night All Good All-Star Jam hosted by moe.)
Keller Williams
Michael Franti and Spearhead
Les Claypool
Yonder Mountain String Band
STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9) (late night set)
Lotus
Tea Leaf Green
Perpetual Groove
AOD (Assembly of Dust)
PBS (Porter, Batiste, Stoltz)
Soldiers of Jah Army (SOJA)
New Monsoon
Will Hoge
West Indian Girl
Lovewhip
More TBA

I mean pretty much all the big names playing at Waka will also be at either All Good or Bonnaroo.. or both. Except Widespread. 

Oh that lineup does look sweet and WV is appealing to me, beatiful state, I love me some panic though :frown:, I may consider this festival.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6679683 - 03/17/07 10:13 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Here's a thread about Waka - http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211817

Basically some people are saying don't worry.. less cop presence this year.. and that lineup is worth going to even if its in alcatraz! (not exact words but close..)

And a few people are saying no way I'm not going to Coparusa.
I mean it's all up in the air right now.. but just going on all the terrible stories I've heard of people being harassed and busted, isn't worth the effort for me. Even if they do have "less" cops this year, whatever.. no lineup is worth a shitty vibe all around. Last year someone told to me stay far, far, far away from Wakarusa.. and I fully intend to. But I mean don't let me stop you, especially if you already got your tickets. Stay relatively clean and I'm sure you'd be fine.

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #6679684 - 03/17/07 10:14 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:

anyone want a wakarusa ticket?

:lol:

Hey Hendo. Yeah, I heard really bad things about the energy of Wakarusa. They get this monster line up and put the shit on public property(state owned) and police the shit out of it. I have some friends that went that live down the street from me and they said that they didn't have any problems, but they saw quite a few busts. They said that there was such a sense of paranoia that there was this cop with a drug dog riding around on an atv and the dog would occassionally chuff or bark at some random person and this one shady looking guy saw the dog bark at him and took off running.:lol:

If you go, definitely be careful, man! You should consider hitting up sts9 at Red Rocks, in September. We are going to be there and we are going to be doing some camping/hiking, as well. We plan on staying out there for about a week or more. It would be fun to meet up with some people.

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: summer festivals [Re: blissedout]
    #6679704 - 03/17/07 10:22 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

that is definitely possible man, i have good friends in boulder and was already thinking about staying with them late summer/fall.
i'll look into it!
as far as wakarusa goes, i just dumped $143 on a ticket and i'm the driver for me and two other friends..we're not going to bring any drugs in the car with us on the way..hopefully won't be too shady to find nuggets and maybe some (real?) doses. we'll be careful for sure though.
maybe all this bad publicity will drive away the shady dealers and draw more real music fans and we can create a better vibe.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#6679722 - 03/17/07 10:31 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

I sure hope that's the case, because they always have a great musical line up and it just seems like such a waste to bring cops into that situation. Bonnaroo runs just fine without the presence of pigs all about. I don't see why that can't happen in Kansas, too.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6679734 - 03/17/07 10:36 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Probably just has to do with the fact that it's on public land, and the kansas cops feel like they got something to prove. That is a lot of sick ass bands though....
Bonnaroo is more for a free for all... and it definitely brings TONS of money to Manchester.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#6679741 - 03/17/07 10:37 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

haha, i just e-mailed the folks at wakarusa saying pretty much the same thing. it's a music festival for fuck's sake, the most peaceful and non-threatening place i've ever been. i really might put my ticket up on e-bay..for the price of that one ticket i could go to all-good AND meet up with you for sound tribe at red rocks. seems like a no-brainer here.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6679751 - 03/17/07 10:41 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Man I hate to discourage anyone and say to NOT go to X festival.. especially if I've never been personally. But I've heard enough bad things firsthand, to detract me from any fest in Kansas.. and Florida.. for quite some time. I've heard similar sketchiness going on at Langerado, but not to nearly the extent of Waka. Though Langerado actually has the good vibes, from what I've heard Waka is usually lacking them. But last year they were calling it Copfest.. even if you're totally clean that's not the kind of fest environment I personally want to be at.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#6679752 - 03/17/07 10:42 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Man, if I had known that the price on VIP tix was only 435 apiece, I might have made plans to get two, but as it is, it's just too soon to make plans with Elijah.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#6679764 - 03/17/07 10:45 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

you're not discouraging me dude, i shoulda done more research before dropping the cash. it seems to me it'd be more worth it to attend a couple smaller cheaper events with pretty much the same music, minus a couple bigger acts like widespread and ben harper. but shit i've seen both of them numerous times. i'll have to do some thinking and strategizing. jesus, we get one day in the 70 degree range and i start freaking out buying festival tickets on a whim. i just can't help it, summer is almost here!! :cool:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6679771 - 03/17/07 10:46 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

:grin:
I feel ya man. I'm excited as hell

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#6679775 - 03/17/07 10:47 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

I feel ya, man. I sure hope you'll consider going to Red Rocks, though. It would be really cool kicking it with the 1st person to ever say anything to me, here.:cool:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6679781 - 03/17/07 10:50 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Red Rocks is in Colorado right? I might seriously consider that too if Clean Vibes is working there and I can scrounge up a ride

--------------------

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#6679809 - 03/17/07 11:00 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
what are your plans?

i just got a ticket to wakarusa, anyone been in the past? i really want to hear about the scene, I'm a little freaked out by aninator's review saying the vibe is shitty/non-existent, and the law enforcement presence is way too noticeable. i don't want to have to look over my shoulder every time i smoke a bowl.

anyone have any good experiences at waka to share?

This is America, if you don't look over your shoulder when you smoke a bowl, then don't complain when you get caught.

People think that just because we are at a festival, that we can do what ever the hell we please. Well you can..... but just don't get caught.

I was at Waka last summer. We drove through a police check point. Then before i even got to the camping i was hustled by the cops for sitting on the trunk of a car while it was moving.

The state police did security for the event. They also had a thing where they were testing out their high teck gadgets. Yeah it was a lil weird. But i still had fun and payed no mind. The music was great, the lake was great, and there were tones of cool people.

My only words of wisdom, is.... Make sure you have your car papers and make sure you have all your lights working. Make sure nothing is in sight. When you smoke smoke in your tent or off to the side. Smoke in the group of people at the stage. Don't smoke on shakedown and don't smoke by the main paths.

Out of sight out of mind. Only the strong survive.

I loved Wakarusa! I got to hang with Bela Fleck for a small personal show. I got to dance all night, and i got to swim all day.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder