Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGrizzyCappy
Explorer of Mind and Matter

Loc: TX - USA
It's all about the EXPERIENCE. Why cast down on fellow explorers?
    #6678758 - 03/16/07 11:29 PM (17 years, 17 days ago)

I'm very surprised to see how many times someone would post about a "shroom kit", only to be scolded about how they should have went the PFTek way.

WTF?

Are we being bullies to those that aren't smart or committed as we are? That is surely not what these shrooms try to teach us. Tsk, tsk!

Now then - let's admit that these kits are EASY. The cost may be crazy, but then again - it depends on the level of committment, and the desire of quantity. Bottom line-I know good people that would never deserve to be at the recieving end of negative comments simply because they chose to use a kit rather than do it all themselves.

I hope someone agrees with me. Let's show a little tolerance and try to be more understanding with people. We can all be a bully if we want -> just show up at my house in a lifted truck you didn't weld and build yourself, and I can do the same thing as these "shroom kit killers" can...

LOVE YA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: It's all about the EXPERIENCE. Why cast down on fellow explorers? [Re: GrizzyCappy]
    #6678790 - 03/16/07 11:46 PM (17 years, 17 days ago)

Ive never even heard of people being made fun of for that.

--------------------

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: It's all about the EXPERIENCE. Why cast down on fellow explorers? [Re: GrizzyCappy]
    #6679719 - 03/17/07 10:30 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

...but don't they know they can get brown rice flour at the store? :tongue:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

OfflinePhonerothyme
Audiomancer
Male

Re: It's all about the EXPERIENCE. Why cast down on fellow explorers? [Re: SDP]
    #6679742 - 03/17/07 10:38 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

SDP said:
...but don't they know they can get brown rice flour at the store? :tongue:

Way to miss the point.

You could always just inform them about checking that out next time.

--------------------
http://erothyme.net

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: It's all about the EXPERIENCE. Why cast down on fellow explorers? [Re: Phonerothyme]
    #6679755 - 03/17/07 10:42 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Any comment can be taken negatively. Any comment can also be taken positively.

There is a reason why people recommend you don't go with the kits, and that isn't because they want to hurt you. You get more of a sense of accomplishment, spend less money, and learn a lot more.

But that's just my take on it.

edit: As you said, it's all about the experience. But those saying not to go with kits have generally already had the experience. It doesn't hurt to pay attention to those who have already been through it.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Edited by Kickle (03/17/07 10:44 AM)

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: It's all about the EXPERIENCE. Why cast down on fellow explorers? [Re: Phonerothyme]
    #6679765 - 03/17/07 10:45 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Sorry... was just being playfully sarcastic...

Negativity towards these ppl does happen, and I do agree with you though... informing them is a good idea if they are getting a kit, but not criticizing... some people just aren't tek minded and need to learn from a kit. It's their money, let them "waste" it if they want to. I'm sure decent amount of them considered doing it themselves and still went with a kit, heck I almost did myself.  If your never planning on doing anything large scale, a kit, I'd imagine, is an amazing thing...

Reminds me of this kid i met in class... I told him i would give him tips but i didn't think his mouth was small enough to divulge info about myself. I saw him on campus again and man... this kid could not  do the PF tek for the life of him! After 6 months of off\on trying he stopped trying. He kept ordering spores from some no-name place of strains I've never heard of, despite all the tips i gave him.  :banghead:

--------------------
Amen

Edited by SDP (03/17/07 10:48 AM)

OfflinePhonerothyme
Audiomancer
Male

Re: It's all about the EXPERIENCE. Why cast down on fellow explorers? [Re: Kickle]
    #6679767 - 03/17/07 10:46 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
Any comment can be taken negatively. Any comment can also be taken positively.

There is a reason why people recommend you don't go with the kits, and that isn't because they want to hurt you. You get more of a sense of accomplishment, spend less money, and learn a lot more.

But that's just my take on it.

edit: As you said, it's all about the experience. But those saying not to go with kits have generally already had the experience. It doesn't hurt to pay attention to those who have already been through it.

Yeah, he's definitely not trying to say you should use kits, he's just saying there's no reason to bash people who do. Instead you should respectfully inform them as to why they shouldn't get them. They're more likely to listen that way anyway.

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#6679776 - 03/17/07 10:48 AM (17 years, 16 days ago)

And I'm saying that people control how they take the comment. If people really believe that others are out to get them over the internet, that's fine.

Myself, I believe that the comments about not using a kit are delivered with the best of intentions.

That isn't to say that everyone delivers it in the best possible way, but no matter what, I don't think they're out to hurt someone.

Again, just my take.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

OfflinePhonerothyme
Audiomancer
Male

Re: It's all about the EXPERIENCE. Why cast down on fellow explorers? [Re: Kickle]
    #6681632 - 03/17/07 08:51 PM (17 years, 16 days ago)

I agree with you that everyone is responsible for how they react to criticism, but when trying to act wisely there is also a responsibility of the criticiser to minimize the chances of causing problems and to attempt to be helpful in the process of pointing out problems.

--------------------

Offlinedandelionhunter
Stranger
    #6681886 - 03/17/07 10:27 PM (17 years, 16 days ago)

I'm a brand new person here. I've read some of these comments. I didn't feel offended. I know why I bought one. Here are the reasons I bought it.

1. I wanted shrooms. I am a 37 yo stay at home mom. I used to do acid a lot back when i was 17 till I was 21 or so. It was very fun. I only did shrooms twice, but they were great. So i got it in my head to get them again.

2. I am definately the person who does not learn by reading. Hands on all the way. I screwed up my innoculations TWICE. I have ZERO background in this and I figured I could bend the rules a little.

3. I don't have time to read everything there is too know.

4. I have other things I can feel pround of doing. Like i said, I just wanted shrooms, not to become a shroom expert. That's useless to me.

I did figure out along the way that you could buy brown rice flower at the store. i just had NO idea that was something you needed.

Once i figured out the innoculations (my company did send me a new syringe for nothing), things are going well. It's not like i can't make up the money i spent.

Now that I see the basic process, i feel comfortable trying new things. Though, I'm through the first flush yet, so knock on wood.

So, there is really no point in arguing about this. If someone wants to pick on people, that says more about them then me. In the end, i am getting what I wanted and I CAN'T WAIT.

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: It's all about the EXPERIENCE. Why cast down on fellow explorers? [Re: dandelionhunter]
    #6681900 - 03/17/07 10:35 PM (17 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

dandelionhunter said:
In the end, i am getting what I wanted and I CAN'T WAIT.

:thumbup: :grin: :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:peace:

--------------------
Amen

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: It's all about the EXPERIENCE. Why cast down on fellow explorers? [Re: SDP]
    #6682054 - 03/17/07 11:31 PM (17 years, 16 days ago)

I dont think many people are very mean or egotistical about good advise they have for someone. No casting down is done here very often when it comes to this subject.
Kits work well most of the time id imagine, and sometimes they fuck the noobs too.

In the US these days you and the sites you are buying these kits from might be in for a suprize when it comes to the legality of shroom kits.
They are illegal. What can I say, the law has grey areas.
I wouldnt fuck with it in the US.
Your probably not going to be the first one busted with it. The first one busted would be the suppliers especially if they are based in the US.
You cant sell khat to americans no matter what country you live in for example. You cant buy ayahuasca as a brew, or cacti preparations legally(powder perhapse being an exception).
Its simply illegal.
-------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note:
Most of those kits do cost way too much all too often, and they actually just take the same if not more effort than growing your own great mushrooms with some good info.

I didnt need dedication to simply read up on growing shrooms for a little while, only then to realize I could grow "bomb-ass" mushrooms in a fucking trashcan with a heat pad, syran wrap on top, and jars.
None of this should cost much of anything beyond the spores unless you are growing for all your friends and the whole neighborhood.

Kits are basically illegal in the u.s, and so are the people who sell them to people in america.

So in my opinion it isnt the best way to go.
Good luck to all those who use them.

Didnt mean to be a dick if it seemed that way.

Edited by yageman (03/18/07 05:26 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds