Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Want to go to heaven? God can Help
    #6674725 - 03/15/07 09:39 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

I used to grow mushrooms a year ago and posted on here. Now God has called me back here to finish what he started. Many people THINK they want to go to heaven. The problem is, they don't know what heaven is. The real truth is God gives us whatever we want when we leave this world. Problem is what WE want isn't the best thing for us. What GOD wants for us is the best thing for us.

Some of the choices we make on our own might make us happy for the short time we have left on this earth, but imagine living with our choices for an ETERNITY. Many things are fun for awhile but grow dull and boring later on.

The only way to truly be happy is complete surrender to God's will. Which brings another problem. What is God's will? God's will is for us to love him with all our heart, and to Love each other as we would ourselves.

God wants us to come to him and get to know and love him now more than ever before. He has worked countless miracles in my life and will in yours if you get to know the TRUE God.

God sent me here as his instrument to bring his word of TRUTH without any distortion. Everyone is looking for something, and that something is God, whether they know it or not. That's how God made us. Problem is so many people, including myself, have looked in the wrong places for him for far to long. Right now God is asking his children to come back to him one last time to receive his mercy.

God wishes to work in powerful ways these days, and I know signs & miracles will follow those who have faith.

Please respond and see what God will do!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: Want to go to heaven? God can Help [Re: Demotriton]
    #6674754 - 03/15/07 09:43 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

What everyone is looking for is happiness. There is no need to escape anything. Happiness can be discovered right here, in the present.

--------------------

OfflineMr_Prickles
Shop and SavePsychonaut
Male

Loc: U.S. Midwest
    #6674774 - 03/15/07 09:48 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

Do the wrong places you speak of include psychedelics? I consider myself a follower of God as well, and I believe that psychedelics can help us become closer to Him by distancing us from the physical realm and assisting us in focusing on other things. What do you think?

--------------------
Soon you will see. All of your fears will pass away.

Edited by Mr_Prickles (03/15/07 10:42 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #6674782 - 03/15/07 09:50 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

Everyone is looking for something, and that something is God, whether they know it or no

How do you know this? This is just your subjective view. Now it could be true or not. For you to come here and just say this God is real and you are here to proclaim him leaves me just a little bit unimpressed.

It all depends on what you mean by God I guess and I guess we would not be meaning the same thing.:grin: If you dropped this God word it would make things a little easier as far as knowing where you're really coming from. If I remember your other posts you seemed a little fundamentalist to me.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: Want to go to heaven? God can Help [Re: Icelander]
    #6674814 - 03/15/07 09:57 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

I seek knowledge and understanding of the world.

Not an invisible being who likes to rain brimstone and tell people to kill and rape.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #6674828 - 03/15/07 10:02 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

would you like to tie me up and start beating me with a bible?

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineMr_Prickles
Shop and SavePsychonaut
Male

Re: Want to go to heaven? God can Help [Re: Wasteland]
    #6674855 - 03/15/07 10:07 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

In the Hebrew scriptures (the Old Testament) there are plenty of references to God telling people to kill others and commit other such atrocities, but I believe that is either the result of original inaccuracies, errors in translation, or people claiming to be prophets/hear messages from God, when there was no way for anyone else to prove them wrong.

I think the Greek scriptures show God more as he truly is, and that Jesus was likely God manifest in human form. I think the Koran points to the same God as the Bible, but that is suffers from inaccuracies just as the scriptures do.

Plus, the canon of the Bible was selected by humans well after it was written, so some of the books may be less trustworthy than others, and there may be other texts out there (the gospel of Judas being the most recent example) that may be closer to the truth.

Not all Christians are Bible thumping stereotypical preacher types, those types of people make me sick and give Christianity a bad name. Christianity is simply about handing your life over to Christ, and you don't have to be a right-wing bigot to do so.

--------------------

Edited by Mr_Prickles (03/15/07 10:10 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Want to go to heaven? God can Help [Re: Mr_Prickles]
    #6674868 - 03/15/07 10:11 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

and that Jesus was likely God manifest in human form.

Why do you choose this part to be truth? Jesus may have been enlightened, been awake, but no more or less God than you or I.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6674882 - 03/15/07 10:14 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Mr_Prickles said:
Christianity is simply about handing your life over to Christ

Simply? I think Christianity is a complex concept that exists in different forms to different individuals. I think what you are doing with this statement, on a subconscious level or not, is stating that your view on the matter is correct and these others are wrong.

Also, what does it mean to "hand your life over to Christ", exactly?

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMr_Prickles
Shop and SavePsychonaut
Male

#6674884 - 03/15/07 10:15 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

Why do you choose this part to be truth? Jesus may have been enlightened, been awake, but no more or less God than you or I.

That's true. He may have also been a liar or insane, but there's really no way for us to know. My primary reason for believing this is the overarching theme throughout the Bible that shows the need for and coming of a Messiah, and I think that if that Messiah has already come that Jesus was the most likely candidate.

--------------------

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
    #6674888 - 03/15/07 10:15 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

The bible is a book, written by men and passed off as something more.

You claim that there is a purity to the tale of god that has been corrupted by man, I say it is fiction corrupted into divinity.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

OfflineMr_Prickles
Shop and SavePsychonaut
Male

#6674896 - 03/15/07 10:18 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

Simply? I think Christianity is a complex concept that exists in different forms to different individuals. I think what you are doing with this statement, on a subconscious level or not, is stating that your view on the matter is correct and these others are wrong.

That's true, Christianity is a complex concept, and it is a lot of different things to different people. That's just my view of it, that to "be a Christian" means to follow Jesus' teachings and try to be like Him in your day to day life, and accept His death as your ticket into heaven. There's certainly more to Christianity than that, but that's what I see as the core concept.

--------------------

OfflineMr_Prickles
Shop and SavePsychonaut
Male

Re: Want to go to heaven? God can Help [Re: Wasteland]
    #6674906 - 03/15/07 10:21 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

The bible is a book, written by men and passed off as something more.

You claim that there is a purity to the tale of god that has been corrupted by man, I say it is fiction corrupted into divinity.

That's a possibility, but I find it very unlikely that it is entirely fiction. There's more evidence for Jesus' existence than for that of any other human being of His time period (and for many centuries after that), but that doesn't mean that He was the son of God or that the rest of the Bible is true. I certainly don't believe that the entire Bible is to be taken literally, a lot of it is written as poetry and metaphor and shouldn't be seen as more than that.

--------------------

Edited by Mr_Prickles (03/15/07 10:22 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6674909 - 03/15/07 10:21 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

and accept His death as your ticket into heaven.

Well good luck with all that.:grin:

--------------------

OfflineMr_Prickles
Shop and SavePsychonaut
Male

#6674924 - 03/15/07 10:24 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
and accept His death as your ticket into heaven.

Well good luck with all that.:grin:

That's what the Bible teaches, is it not?  That doesn't mean that it's necessarily true, or that either of us have to believe it, but IF the Bible is true than it is clear on that point.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6674940 - 03/15/07 10:27 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

You can believe in Spiderman for all I care. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineMr_Prickles
Shop and SavePsychonaut
Male

#6674978 - 03/15/07 10:36 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
You can believe in Spiderman for all I care. :wink:

I certainly could, and you could do the same.  Why are you so hateful towards Christian ideas?  Is it just Christianity, or is it all religion you despise?  I don't think any organized religion has all their ideas completely in line, but why knock them for trying?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6674997 - 03/15/07 10:40 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
The real truth is God gives us whatever we want when we leave this world. Problem is what WE want isn't the best thing for us. What GOD wants for us is the best thing for us.

Hmm. :strokebeard: You assert a "real truth", but through what process can it be determined to actually be the "real truth" of the matter? I do not understand this.

Also, how do we know what "g*d" wants for us?

Quote:

Some of the choices we make on our own might make us happy for the short time we have left on this earth, but imagine living with our choices for an ETERNITY.

Um, we do live with our choices for an ETERNITY, or, at least, the amount of time that we exist. This choice in this moment as to how we will interact with and experience reality decides the rest of our life.

That is, I have imagined the scenario you propose, as I find it to be the nature of reality, and am not sure how this scenario supports your point. If we derive happiness from our activities and experiences right now, then that is a permanent thing. One could perhaps say eternal.

Quote:

The only way to truly be happy is complete surrender to God's will.

Ohhhh, okay.

Hhmm. :strokebeard:

I will simply ask for substantiation of this. You are stating that there is only one path and that it is the path you are proposing for us. No other path can offer true happiness? How are you distinguishing from false happiness and true happiness, by the way? How do you determine the difference?

I feel that I should be confused by now because what you are saying is not making any sense - it isn't reasonable.

Quote:

Which brings another problem. What is God's will? God's will is for us to love him with all our heart, and to Love each other as we would ourselves.

Yes, that is another problem. What is "g*d's" will? You answer your own question right there - but let's ask this: How did you become aware of "g*d's" will, precisely? How could we possibly know "g*d's" will?

Quote:

God wants us to come to him and get to know and love him now more than ever before. He has worked countless miracles in my life and will in yours if you get to know the TRUE God.

This statement sounds familiar to "This fascinating commerative plate depicting Abraham Lincoln can be yours today for only $19.95! Quanities are limited so please act now.". Do you work on commision? :smirk:

Quote:

God sent me here as his instrument to bring his word of TRUTH without any distortion.

I love it when "g*d" sends salesmen. :lol:

Quote:

Everyone is looking for something, and that something is God

Hey buddy. You do not know who I am. Perhaps you could refrain from telling me who I am and what I am looking for? Sort of presumptious of you, don't you think?

Quote:

Right now God is asking his children to come back to him one last time to receive his mercy.

No he isn't. You're asking us. There is a difference. Do you not discern that difference?

Quote:

God wishes to work in powerful ways these days, and I know signs & miracles will follow those who have faith.

Do you want to learn something about faith? Faith follows experience - not the other way around. Your preaching is not going to serve as grounds for faith in others, nor should it compel us down such a path.

Perhaps if you had shared with us your perspective on the experiences that hopefully are there as a base for your religious ideas we would have something to contemplate, but all we really have is this empty testimonial. :shrug:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6675018 - 03/15/07 10:44 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Mr_Prickles said:
That's true, Christianity is a complex concept, and it is a lot of different things to different people. That's just my view of it, that to "be a Christian" means to follow Jesus' teachings and try to be like Him in your day to day life, and accept His death as your ticket into heaven. There's certainly more to Christianity than that, but that's what I see as the core concept.

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Also, what does it mean to "hand your life over to Christ", exactly?

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6675019 - 03/15/07 10:44 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

Why do you take that comment as hateful? I'm telling you to believe whatever you want and that's dandy with me. I do believe that believing in anything outside oneself as a ticket to salvation is unskillful, but it's not my business except as a topic for debate. My ideas on Christianity are dependent on whatever Christian I'm talking to. I like some and feel others are very unskillful. SoI don't knock them for trying. If they're trying that is. But let me say here that Christianity outside of Gnostic Christianity has a major flaw in my view. It's the notion that God condemns those who don't believe in him.

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (03/15/07 10:45 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract