Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSea_Kur
User
Male

Drying entire cake and mushrooms together?
    #6673487 - 03/15/07 04:08 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

Has anyone tried trying a fruiting cake without having picked off the mushrooms? Since shrooms start deteriorating almost as soon as they're picked wouldn't drying them while they were still growing (for a while at least)keep them more potent? You'd kill the cake but who cares after a couple of flushes?

--------------------
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. --  Jim Horning

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikeytro
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Drying entire cake and mushrooms together? [Re: Sea_Kur]
    #6673555 - 03/15/07 04:19 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

that doesnt make much sense to me, but thats just me
I doubt (but unsure) that mushrooms lose potency after being picked and dried right away, it wouldnt make sense
plus if they were growing while you were drying them, obviously drying them would halt the growth man

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: Drying entire cake and mushrooms together? [Re: mikeytro]
    #6673613 - 03/15/07 04:37 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

cakes dry out pretty quick actually... i've dried them out and made myco-tea with them. overall not that unpleasant.

try it out of you want to. it might help to cut the cake in half or even 4 parts. It doesnt seem all that practical if your just trying to preserve mushroom potency though. drying them out would lose a lot more potency than the time it takes you to harvest them and put them on the drying rack.

its not the time it takes them to dry that makes them lose potency, its the oxidation.

so overall, throw your cakes outside and bury them and hope for some more flushes! :crazy2:

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Drying entire cake and mushrooms together? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #6673894 - 03/15/07 06:05 PM (17 years, 8 days ago)

The mushrooms don't decay when you pick them. They're 90% water, so as they dry, they shrivel up and look ugly is all. If they stayed attached to the cake, it would slow down the drying process and they would over-mature and possibly create the problem you're trying to avoid.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix