Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineetam
it's a hobby...
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: East Coast
new greenhouse, humidification problem
    #6667546 - 03/14/07 02:16 AM (17 years, 20 days ago)

I recently setup a 4 tier greenhouse with a Vicks impeller cool mist piped in. I used 3/4" tubing to pipe two separate 3/4" holes from the humidifier to the greenhouse. The rh won't go above 74%. It really seems like the humidifier isn't pushing as much air as it should, or at least not as much as the others I've modified. The hose is also kind of flat as it was the last on the spool at Lowe's.

Any suggestions? I've never had this problem before, not sure what to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: new greenhouse, humidification problem [Re: etam]
    #6667550 - 03/14/07 02:18 AM (17 years, 20 days ago)

Man that sucks,wish I had some advise but I always just run my cool mist inside the greenhouse

Invisibledeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: new greenhouse, humidification problem [Re: Blutjager]
    #6667902 - 03/14/07 08:13 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

The hose is also kind of flat as it was the last on the spool at Lowe's.

your "flat hose" may be constricting the flow causing back pressure,which can totally nause-up your coolmist,so i read.
may be worth spending a few on a new piece of hose to protect your coolmist.

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: new greenhouse, humidification problem [Re: deucedbi9]
    #6668386 - 03/14/07 11:12 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Try a 4" dryer vent hose that you can duct tape right over the original opening on the cool mist without modifying it. They have a coil of metal wire inside to prevent collapse.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineetam
it's a hobby...
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: new greenhouse, humidification problem [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6669491 - 03/14/07 04:26 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Try a 4" dryer vent hose that you can duct tape right over the original opening on the cool mist without modifying it. They have a coil of metal wire inside to prevent collapse.
RR

I'll try that in addition to the two hoses that are already piped in. I think that will work. Thanks RR.

Offlineetam
it's a hobby...
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6669498 - 03/14/07 04:27 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Blutjager said:
Man that sucks,wish I had some advise but I always just run my cool mist inside the greenhouse

What do you do for FAE with your greenhouse? I'm not at all opposed to running it inside my greenhouse, but I have to be able to make it work on a timer with 15 minute increments.

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: new greenhouse, humidification problem [Re: etam]
    #6669621 - 03/14/07 05:02 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

etam said:
Quote:

Blutjager said:

What do you do for FAE with your greenhouse? I'm not at all opposed to running it inside my greenhouse, but I have to be able to make it work on a timer with 15 minute increments.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

InvisibleOrangeSky
Stranger

Re: new greenhouse, humidification problem [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6674488 - 03/15/07 08:46 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
RR

Would duct tape alone be enough to connect the vent hose to the greenhouse or should you use something else to connect the two?

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: new greenhouse, humidification problem [Re: OrangeSky]
    #6674530 - 03/15/07 08:57 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

I taped my rubber hoses to my green house and humidity is running down the walls of the green house with just 1 impeller cool mist.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: new greenhouse, humidification problem [Re: budmanman]
    #6674571 - 03/15/07 09:05 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
Quote:

etam said:
Quote:

Blutjager said:

What do you do for FAE with your greenhouse?  I'm not at all opposed to running it inside my greenhouse, but I have to be able to make it work on a timer with 15 minute increments.

Its a balancing act between humidity and fresh air,more of less it comes down to playing with your cool mist timer and with the tray of perlite under the greenhouse to make sure I maintain humidity while leaving the zippers unzipped,and sometimes half zipped,you need to kinda tinker with it till ya get it right,and as long as I remember and I'm available it never hurts to pull them out of there and fan em every now and than:yesnod:

Edited by Blutjager (03/15/07 10:34 PM)

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#6674788 - 03/15/07 09:51 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

that sounds rediculous why not just hook the green house up and not worry about fae, id rather have a mono tub than do that.

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: new greenhouse, humidification problem [Re: budmanman]
    #6674885 - 03/15/07 10:15 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Its only ridiculous for a day or so till ya figure out the right balance and after that you can pretty much ignore and neglect it forever with the exception of filling up the cool mist and trying to harvest them all before they get ugly.

It is probably a little more work than a mono-tub but my four tier greenhouse can fit fourteen 16 qt sweater boxes (Four on each shelf except for only 2 on the shelf with the cool mist).

As long as you are timing colonization times correctly and always knocking up jars when you are putting casings in there you will always have trays to go in when you get rid of spent ones.No joke you can wake up nearly every day and have mushrooms to pick:hehehe: That is why I took it down and am looking into other methods just for the learning experience even if they are lower yielding.

Once you learn how to manage it right its a mushroom factory that gives you WAY more than you could ever eat.I'm to paranoid to sell mushrooms and have more than I could eat in a year stashed at a secure location that I can go and get within a days notice,Trust me its not that much work and the payoff is well worth it.I cant really see a mono tub (Even a giant one)as a worthy competitor to a probably managed greenhouse.I am going to do a mono tub for my next grow just for the hell of it cause my last one failed when I 1st started out,only I have no idea when I will actually get around to making myself go out in public to gather supplies.Hey whatever suits your style of growing I guess,good luck either way,but no matter how you slice it greenhouses kick ass:rockon:

Edited by Blutjager (03/15/07 10:30 PM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6674964 - 03/15/07 10:33 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Do a search on this topic people. All of the experienced growers here have posted their teks on this over and over and over again until we're all tired of typing it. I run the coolmist inside the greenhouse and have grown hundreds, if not thousands of pounds of mushrooms that way. Others, such as hippie chic pipe in the humidifier and are successful too. We've all figured out how to get proper air exchange and maintain correct humidity. There's no single 'one way' to do it as we've all proved by doing it differently, yet being successful, and our methods have been posted repeatedly.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck